The Official Paul Thread (Simon Pegg and Nick Frost)

Btw, you gotta love the cheesy tagline on the site.

"What is....Paul?" DUN DUN DUNNNNNNN!:hehe:

That tagline alone is just silly. It sounds like it's trying to be a goofy horror film when it's not, lol.

paul-comic-con-3-550x365.jpg

paul-comic-con-1-550x365.jpg

paul-comic-con-2-550x365.jpg

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/07/15...mottolas-paul-with-simon-pegg-and-nick-frost/

This is gonna be AWESOME!!!

this has potential for greatness , these guys are my favorite comedy duo.

Yeah, I didn't like it either.

It reminds me Roger from American Dad.

Looks awesome, wasnt the best for a teaser but the concept sounds great.

"They´ll open my brain...........yeah its kind of a buzzkill, well lets light up the mood in here, when´s the last time you got laid?"

I lol´d

I LOVE this trailer, much, much better than the last.

It reminds me Roger from American Dad.

The scene at the end with them walking paul down the street reminded me of Roger.

It looks.... ok. The trailer didn't really do anything for me, it doesn't look as good as Shaun or Hot Fuzz at any rate... I'll wait for some word of mouth/reviews to circulate before I decide to see it or not.

The one big negative for me is Seth Rogen. I don't hate the guy or anthing but as the voice of Paul, it's not doing anything for me at all. I'd have much rather seen (or heard) someone like Will Ferrell or Sacha Baron Cohen... or, I dunno.. Zach Braff or even Jon Lovitz! Rogen makes him sound like some sort of stoner/surfer/dude, it doesn't fit IMO. Then again, maybe a 'dude' character is what they wanted, I don't know.

The scene at the end with them walking paul down the street reminded me of Roger.

It looks.... ok. The trailer didn't really do anything for me, it doesn't look as good as Shaun or Hot Fuzz at any rate... I'll wait for some word of mouth/reviews to circulate before I decide to see it or not.

The one big negative for me is Seth Rogen. I don't hate the guy or anthing but as the voice of Paul, it's not doing anything for me at all. I'd have much rather seen (or heard) someone like Will Ferrell or Sacha Baron Cohen... or, I dunno.. Zach Braff or even Jon Lovitz! Rogen makes him sound like some sort of stoner/surfer/dude, it doesn't fit IMO. Then again, maybe a 'dude' character is what they wanted, I don't know.

From the trailer, Paul is a stoner kind of dude. Jon Lovitz would have been hilarious though.

As an audience, I'm easier than Paris Hilton at an open bar, but that trailer was enough to make sure I wouldn't go.

I think it's just a very broad-minded trailer. With the talent involved, I can see the movie being mis-marketed due to the nature of the film.

I did stunts in this movie. I got to smash a chair over John Carroll Lynch's back :woot:

The first trailer didn't grab me, but the new trailers have. Looking forward to it.

it doesn't look as good as Shaun or Hot Fuzz at any rate...

Just to point out, while it stars Frost & Pegg, "Paul" isn't made by the same team and isn't part of "the Blood & Icecream Trilogy" that is Shaun, Hot Fuzz & _____.

Rogen makes him sound like some sort of stoner/surfer/dude, it doesn't fit IMO. Then again, maybe a 'dude' character is what they wanted, I don't know.

I don't think Rogens voice suits the look of Paul but I don't mind the surfer dude bit.

I watched this on Monday and it was very, very funny, as good as Hot Fuzz and just a little below Shaun Of The Dead for me, Rogen was great as Paul and of course Pegg and Frost were brilliant, b ut Kristen Wiig steals the show, she was hilarious!

8/10 for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"