Small rant on Sapphire Lanterns

The Star Sapphires? They're not all dressed like ****es. Miri has a very practical costume:

1085413-675606_5_super.jpg

Some of the other Sapphires in that big splash page of all the corps in Blackest Night #7 also had some not-****ty costumes. The more we see of them, in fact, the more it seems like Carol and Fatality are the worst offenders in that area.

BWA HAAA! Where on earth did you see those?

I dunno, Lobo needs to look more sleazy... maybe a chain thong in pink!

Where's that skank, Hal Jordan? Needs nipple cups! O...o :yay:

The Star Sapphires? They're not all dressed like ****es. Miri has a very practical costume:

1085413-675606_5_super.jpg

Some of the other Sapphires in that big splash page of all the corps in Blackest Night #7 also had some not-****ty costumes. The more we see of them, in fact, the more it seems like Carol and Fatality are the worst offenders in that area.

ok, that one makes more sense. Still ugly as heck, but not a sex sleeve.

It isnt sexism because not all women in comics look like that. Besides, in my opinion these particular ones are less sexy than Powergirl or Black Cat (no big boobs, no great asses), so they must be doing it to show the effect of the love emotion.

Anyway, women are generally portrayed like that in comics because they know their target audience. :hehe:

My god, it's full of stars.

I really gotta see some CSI: Miami episodes. That s***'s been mocked in Burn Notice and now here.

So, the Star Sapphires can be perfectly summed up by the song "Love is a Battlefield." That is the conclusion I have come to.

I really gotta see some CSI: Miami episodes. That s***'s been mocked in Burn Notice and now here.

You only need to see one CSI: Miami episode. In fact really, there only is one CSI: Miami episode.

Cold open - Grisly death - Cops on scene - Blonde girl mocks victims - Glassesguy makes terrible non-one liner, *glasses* - YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH - Police Scienceguys sweep crime scene - ZANY CAMERA ANGLES AND TECHNO BEATZ - camera picks up blurry pixelated image of what might be some guy's butt - enhance - ENHANCE - ENHANCE - picture turns into high-resolution image of suspect's face - Glassesguy confronts suspect, demands evidence - suspect gladly hands over - "Heh you'll never catch me I totally had this evidence cleaned of all evidence, heh, HEH" - back to crime lab - MO MAD SLAMMIN BEATZ OF ELECTRO-TECHNOZ - lab person goes "blah blah technobabble blah blah SALIVAL DNA blah blah - cops kick in suspect's door - suspect goes all "HOW DID YOU CATCH ME" - Glassesguy goes *glasses* - ~fin

There, you've now seen every episode of CSI.

Plus somewhere in there they spend 20 minutes dicking around Random Innocent Guy for no real reason and then the plot forgets him entirely.

Except for that one time they go to Brazil to murder a guy.

But then they end up don't having to murder him cause the guy they went to murder helpfully throws himself onto the knife that Glassesguy happened to be holding.

Cold open - Grisly death - Cops on scene - Blonde girl mocks victims - Glassesguy makes terrible non-one liner, *glasses* - YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH - Police Scienceguys sweep crime scene - ZANY CAMERA ANGLES AND TECHNO BEATZ - camera picks up blurry pixelated image of what might be some guy's butt - enhance - ENHANCE - ENHANCE - picture turns into high-resolution image of suspect's face - Glassesguy confronts suspect, demands evidence - suspect gladly hands over - "Heh you'll never catch me I totally had this evidence cleaned of all evidence, heh, HEH" - back to crime lab - MO MAD SLAMMIN BEATZ OF ELECTRO-TECHNOZ - lab person goes "blah blah technobabble blah blah SALIVAL DNA blah blah - cops kick in suspect's door - suspect goes all "HOW DID YOU CATCH ME" - Glassesguy goes *glasses* - ~fin

Plus somewhere in there they spend 20 minutes dicking around Random Innocent Guy for no real reason and then the plot forgets him entirely.
ROFLMAO!!!

You forgot that the suspects never ask for a lawyer but they let the policemen trick them with questions, and that if you commit a crime your clothes with be full of huge chunks of the crime scene. Like a piece of rock that was only used in that specific pavement. And its stuck on your shirt. That piece of rock....

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I love when once in a while a suspect remembers to ask for a lawyer, and then the cops are like "Heh, lawyer. Heh." And then everyone forgets about it and the police go right on doing whatever. And there are never any consequences for this at all.

I love when once in a while a suspect remembers to ask for a lawyer, and then the cops are like "Heh, lawyer. Heh." And then everyone forgets about it and the police go right on doing whatever. And there are never any consequences for this at all.

And it's never ground for a mistrial. Even though that almost always guarantees a mistrial.

Sounds like a real peach of a show. I gotta watch that one episode now. :up:

star sapphires = dc's powerpuff girls. :awesome:

sugar...an' spice...an' everything nice...and the powerpuff girls were born!!

*cue action music*

(fifthfiend, your avatar gave me inspiration)

Replace Glassesguy with PeanutGallery, the "YEEAAAHHHH" with "Who are you," make two different murders happen at the same time being solved by different halves of the PeanutGallery, and you've also summed up the original CSI.

I've never seen CSI:NY, but I imagine it's the same deal.

Replace Glassesguy with PeanutGallery, the "YEEAAAHHHH" with "Who are you," make two different murders happen at the same time being solved by different halves of the PeanutGallery, and you've also summed up the original CSI.
What do you mean with "Peanutgallery"?
I've never seen CSI:NY, but I imagine it's the same deal.
CSI:NY is the better one of the three in my opinion.
- LV is too dark, i mean even in their labs its pitch dark! The chief is a misanthrope and the cop that works with them is a *****ebag. All the others are sad all the time and make LV a chore to watch.

- Miami is bright yellow, has a lot of sun and Miami's beautiful sights but its terribly cheesy mostly because of Horatio ****ing Cane. Horatio makes it cheesy but on the other hand he's the reason to love CSI: Miami. He is over the top, he helps each victim with their pain, he makes cheesy promises to catch the bad guy, he is very good with children, and he is always leading the SWATs (yeah i know) when they are busting somewhere. But on the other hand, he is so much fun to watch!

- NY is the most balanced one. The characters are pretty nice, Sinise is very good and NY is a great setting.

Last edited:
What do you mean with "Peanutgallery"?

I mean that despite knowing that Grizz is supposed to be the main character in all the reruns I've watched, he doesn't seem to stand out any more than the rest of the characters on the show. Hence, it feels more like an ensemble (or a Peanut Gallery) show.

star sapphires = dc's powerpuff girls. :awesome:

sugar...an' spice...an' everything nice...and the powerpuff girls were born!!

*cue action music*

(fifthfiend, your avatar gave me inspiration)

How could you compare something as great as the Powerpuff Girls to this crap :(

Green Lantern has been the Powerpuff Girls for boys since Johns came up with the emotional spectrum. Hell, Sinestro turned into Princess Serenity in the last issue of Blackest Night. Personally, I'm down with that, although it sometimes gets taken too far.

Like the Star Sapphires, too. Since I've started playing Robot Unicorn Attack, I hear Erasure's Always and sparkling sound effects in my head whenever I see one. That's...not natural. Should probably see my physician soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"