So what comic book would make a good TV show?

1. Bill Willingham's Fables
2. A live-action Full Metal Alchemist
3. X-Men

Kingdom. Come. Miniseries.
It could work.
Also, Batman. You can never have too much Batman. But more with the detective and less with beating up supermen and White Martians please.
The Question's "The Question" idea could be good too.

The Question said:
An idea I've had for a live action X-Men series:

Season one: We're introduced to the Xavier school for gifted youngsters, a private school in Westchester for the "especially gifted". The student body is small, roughly ten students in all. There is one teacher, who serves as the headmaster. Professor Charles Xavier, a billionaire scientist and philanthropist, and a major political voice in the movements for civil rights. Charles is also a mutant born with vast telepathic abilities, and quite possibly is one of the most powerful mutants on Earth. All of his students were born with genetic mutations that give them superhuman abilities as well. He has brought them together to help them learn how to use their abilities responsibly. The older students who choose are trained in how to use their abilities to help others in slightly more active ways (learning how to be superheroes, basically).

The main cast of characters are Scott Summers, Warren Worthington, Jean Grey, Hank McCoy, and Bobby Drake. The other students would be Sam Guthrie, Daniel Moonstar, Doug Ramsey, Xi'an Coy Manh, and Amara Aquifla. However, their's would be small roles in season one and they would not technically be members of the X-Men. Much of the first season would involve Xavier and the older students tracking down and recruiting other mutants with powers. Throughout the first season, they would meet with and confront Magneto and his brotherhood, sometimes when both sides want to recruit the same mutant teenager, other times when the X-Men have come to stop Magneto from doing something evil. The season finale would culminate with Magneto leading a full scale terrorist attack on Washington DC, and the X-Men coming to stop him.

The second season would introduce Wolverine as a mutant Xavier found in the woods of upstate New York. He would eventually become the guy in charge of the danger room sessions. In this season, they would flesh out the other students and recruits from season one as characters, and most of the more character centric episodes would revolve around them. The main arc of the season would involve the government's Weapon X and Sentinel programs. The season finale would culminate with the X-Men fighting Weapon X forces and some Sentinels. The Sentinels wouldn't be giant mech sized. More around 10 to 12 feet.

The third season would have the Cyclops/Wolverine/Jean Grey love triangle as a major sub plot. The main plot would revolve around Xavier discovering that the school's benefactors, the Hellfire club, have been using him and his students to further their own purposes. The season finale would involve the Hellfire club kidnaping Xavier and Jean and using their psychic abilities to try and awaken what they believe to be an ancient Egyptian demon to use in their bid for power.

The fourth season would have Wolverine searching for clues about his past as a major sub plot. By this time, the school has grown to over 30 students and other teachers such as Moira McTagart and Sean Cassidy have come to help staff the school. The school is now known to be one for super powered mutants, and has become a target for both bigotry and praise by the public. By now, Jean, Warren, and Scott have graduated the high school level and are taking college courses while helping out the staff at the school. The X-Men team has grown to include Nightcrawler, Kitty Pryde, Colossus, Storm, Gambit, and Rogue. Also, another sub plot would involve Rogue becoming a student at the school and adjusting to the school. The main plot would involve Reverend William Stryker leading his hate campaign against the mutants of the world, both powered and otherwise, with the help of former government scientist Bolivar Trask. The season finale would culminate with Stryker leading a campaign to exterminate the mutant impurity.

The fifth season would see a return of Magneto after he escapes from a maximum security government facility and goes about to free his other captive Brotherhood members. We would also see Emma Frost of the Hellfire Club looking to complete the ritual the club started at the end of season three. Partway through the season, this would result in her awakening Apocalypse, a vastly powerful mutant and barbarian warlord from Ancient Egypt who has been trapped in a form of cryogenic stasis for several centuries. The main arc of the season would be Apocalypse trying to conquer the world, with the X-Men and the Brotherhood teaming up together to stop him.

The sixth and final season would be an all out war on humanity led by the Brotherhood. By this time, Logan has unveiled the mysteries of his past, Jean and Scott are getting married, and Xavier has begun a shaky working relationship with the United States government. The season finale would be a final battle between the X-Men and the Brotherhood, as the brotherhood declares all out war on humanity.

Anyone else like?

I think X-men could work well as a LOST-like series focusing on a few characters but showing us that there are more at the school. Have the first five as teachers and have character-centric episodes with flashbacks. And no costumes.

ampersand said:
I think X-men could work well as a LOST-like series focusing on a few characters but showing us that there are more at the school. Have the first five as teachers and have character-centric episodes with flashbacks. And no costumes.

I'd start out the first five as students and have them eventually become teachers. And I'd havce uniforms when on missions. But they'd be for more practical reasons.

The Question said:
I'd start out the first five as students and have them eventually become teachers. And I'd havce uniforms when on missions. But they'd be for more practical reasons.

The reason I'd have the first 5 as teachers is so that there past together can be explored through flashbacks.

As for costumes, I'm fine with uniforms that are more practical and less comic book spandex deals. No masks.

ampersand said:
The reason I'd have the first 5 as teachers is so that there past together can be explored through flashbacks.

I'd rather explore the relationships develope from the begining.

ampersand said:
As for costumes, I'm fine with uniforms that are more practical and less comic book spandex deals. No masks.

The suits would probably be tactical protective gear. Dark blue, with bits of dull gold. You know, because of the origional color scheme. I might actually keep the masks at first, since the X-Men are not at first asociated with the school.

The Question said:
Anyone else like?

I like it but I am not really a fan of you going into the later seasons w/ a love triangle that could really come back to bite you.

In a series like this it's good to focus on origin. I would like it take place w/ a mid 30's prof X and magneto in their final years of friend ship. Cyclops jean and storm would be teenagers not storm she's a little older. I honestly would not let the series get passed the point where wolverine would gain interest in Jean at all. The Main Focus would be on Xavier and Magneto and why their views got skewed and why eric left. and I would write it in a way to have the viewer say when watching it Yeah I agree w/ Magnetos point of view. Through out the series each character would have a certain amount of flashback episodes focusing in on each mutant. I would'nt have storm show up until season two. Her backround would be very intersting to watch. having a flashback of her in africa as a teen Showing how she discovered her powers. Maybe have a scene when she starts to cry it rains and when she stops crying its stops raining or something to that affect. Every other episode we get to see eric and charles find another troubled mutant they can try to help. I would also make charles half brother have a major fight scene w/ Magneto in a later season. But those are just a few ideas I have. It could definitely be a HIT.

chosen1 said:
I like it but I am not really a fan of you going into the later seasons w/ a love triangle that could really come back to bite you.

In a series like this it's good to focus on origin. I would like it take place w/ a mid 30's prof X and magneto in their final years of friend ship. Cyclops jean and storm would be teenagers not storm she's a little older. I honestly would not let the series get passed the point where wolverine would gain interest in Jean at all. The Main Focus would be on Xavier and Magneto and why their views got skewed and why eric left. and I would write it in a way to have the viewer say when watching it Yeah I agree w/ Magnetos point of view. Through out the series each character would have a certain amount of flashback episodes focusing in on each mutant. I would'nt have storm show up until season two. Her backround would be very intersting to watch. having a flashback of her in africa as a teen Showing how she discovered her powers. Maybe have a scene when she starts to cry it rains and when she stops crying its stops raining or something to that affect. Every other episode we get to see eric and charles find another troubled mutant they can try to help. I would also make charles half brother have a major fight scene w/ Magneto in a later season. But those are just a few ideas I have. It could definitely be a HIT.

I like that alot:up:

chosen1 said:

Well, for the love traingle. Wolverine is kind of a cradle robbing perv. The second Jean turns 18, he's going to be hitting on her. And I think I'd start with Magneto and Xavier already having split.

I would heavily go into magneto developing his powers and doing some serious investigation of magnetism and show how he devolped his powers from creating a force field to eventually learning about the earths gravitational pull by the existence of the moon and him being able to capitalize on that and learn how to fly and slighty flood a city if he focuses hard enough.

The Question said:
Well, for the love traingle. Wolverine is kind of a cradle robbing perv. The second Jean turns 18, he's going to be hitting on her. And I think I'd start with Magneto and Xavier already having split.

That's cool we both have good Ideas. :up:

If there was going to be an X-men type of show I'd prefer to see it with the New Mutants, since then there wouldn't be as many comparisons to the movies.

There would be the instructors Cyke, Jean etc. but playing more along the lines of supporting roles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"