Social Media Reactions + Reviews

I know a lot of it is valid criticism

But I feel like part of it, a small part, is this growing narrative about Marvel being on a down swing
Eternals kinda started it, Dr Strange fed into it, and now I feel like any Marvel movie will have a tougher time hitting the 90% mark on RT than they used to. We know reviewers love to get swept up in the cultural zeitgeist, it worked to Marvel's favor for the past decade, but it may now be turning against them

Cuz yeah, the idea that this movie was of a similar quality to The Dark World is totally ridiculous, imo

I legitimately think that this movie might have gotten a high 70s or even low 80s on RT had it been released 4-5 years ago when the MCU was at peak popularity.

Love And Thunder now has the same RT score as The Dark World:

FYrmLzhXEAAcJWM

FYrmTK-WQAQLMtZ

It deserves it for me. L&T is right down there with TDW as MCU bottom of the barrel. Even if the barrel is of better quality than most.

I'll start saying that I'm someone who keeps reading at least 3-5 Marvel comics a week, so I'm probably immune to fatigue lol. Honestly I've been keeping less and less attention to reviews and scores. I saw people arguing on internet about this movie or Multiverse of Madness being terrible, garbage, awful etc and I'm like really? The truth is that there's just too much of this stuff coming out for both viewers and professional critics, and I believe two movies having the same RT score ten years apart doesn't mean they are necessarily on the same level. Reviews and ratings system change over time. Is Love and Thunder as good as Ragnarok? Probably not, but I'd never put it on par with The Dark World, a movie that I still enjoyed.

Last edited:
Because it commits the "sin" of being largely its own thing about its own stuff, probably. I mean, think about it: how much attention was paid to Eternals and MoM based on a hope that they would introduce mutants?

True that is the case for most and you are certainly right, but me I prefer that being its own thing about its own stuff type of movie.

I went to check the RT score and it's sitting at 65%. Lowest-rated Thor movie and second lowest MCU film. Yeesh.

Its been awhile a superhero film got such mixed reviews.

You must have missed the sh**t storm when Wonder Woman 1984 came out. People were straight up calling that movie a disaster.

The reaction was crazy vitriolic.

Mobius was even more recent and way more mixed (or all-in negative). 65% is not even rotten some people just go for hyperbole in their negative opinions on this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"