Social Media Reactions + Reviews

HammerDown

“Do not, my friends, become addicted to water...“
Reaction score
Social Media Embargo - June 23rd
Review Embargo - July 5th

The premiere for Thor: Love and Thunder takes place in about 1 week from now, June 23rd or next Thorsday and we should be getting the first wave of official critical and fan reactions. Here’s a thread for that purpose, of sharing these reactions and the reviews.

Last edited:
"Undercooked villain" makes me a little bit warily to be honest.

What I get from these early reactions is that it’s getting received as a sequel/4th movie in a franchise, which is sort of what you would expect, not as great as the original (in the case Ragnarok), but more than good enough. I’m fine with that.

Seems to get one of the better reactions from Phase 4. Behind Spider-Man:NWH and probably above everything else.

Thankfully there seems to be a ton of bright spots which is very good. An 80’s rating seems about right. Then again you gotta see it though and judge it for yourself.

Seems strange the Movie Podcast guys all have nearly the same feelings on the film. Still seems like a decent start for the film. I can easily see this getting into the mid-80s.

Overall the reactions are way more towards the positive/good/great side. :yay:

Thing is, that always tends to be the case with most MCU movies, even the likes of Eternals and Black Widow.
You can see what’s what if you look closely and know where to look. :cwink:

One negative reaction will make people ignore 10 positive one, weird as that may be.

Its because the reactions to MCU movies always tend to be pretty positive, regardless of whether you're talking about Endgame or Eternals.

We're unfortunately forced the read between the lines most of the time lol.

I do think Eternals was one of the few MCU films where the initial reactions were not all that strong compared to previous MCU films. The ones for L&T seem much closer in tone to NWH and Shang-Chi than they do for Black Widow and Doctor Strange.

Last edited:
The more reactions I find and particularly from critics and the like, the more I think it’s going to aim for high 80’s actually. Even the few lukewarm reactions have good enough things to say about the film so I’m confident it will rack up a strong score.

There’s a lot of highlighting the cast/portrayals which is always a great sign.

The more reactions I find and particularly from critics and the like, the more I think it’s going to aim for high 80’s actually. Even the few lukewarm reactions have good enough things to say about the film so I’m confident it will rack up a strong score.

There’s a lot of highlighting the cast/portrayals which is always a great sign.

I'm honestly getting WW84 vibes from a lot of these reactions, but maybe that's just me...

I'm honestly getting WW84 vibes from a lot of these reactions, but maybe that's just me...
Sorry but that’s a ridiculous assumption taking into account at least what I’ve seen so far. If anything I would say it’s something more in line with GOTG2 for example.

Dude's just trolling don't feed him

Excuse, how dare you accuse me of being a troll? I've been on this movie's hype train since the beginning, as anyone who's been on here since July 2019 can attest.

I'm allowed to express concerns that some of these reactions seem to hinting at this movie having typical Phase 4 MCU drawbacks.

Last edited:
Sorry but that’s a ridiculous assumption taking into account at least what I’ve seen so far. If anything I would say it’s something more in line with GOTG2 for example.

My point is that when I read between the lines of a lot of these reactions, it feels as though this film is ultimately suffering from a lot of familiar Phase 4 problems (lack of stakes, comedy overriding drama etc).

The reality with MCU (and CB in general) movies is that since the vast majority of access media reactions always tend to be positive, even a handful of more critical ones can mean a torrent of bad reviews when the embargo lifts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"