Social Media Reactions + Reviews

Excuse, how dare you accuse me of being a troll? I've been on this movie's hype train since the beginning, as anyone who's been on here since July 2019 can attest.

I'm allowed to express concerns that some of these reactions seem to hinting at this movie having typical Phase 4 MCU drawbacks.

1- 2019 is hardly the beginning of the hype train, some of us been on here since Ragnarok dropped waiting for this. Not saying you're some bot, but you're still "concern trolling"

2- You can express concerns about things people say in their little twitter reviews, but to assert that the (overwhelmingly positive) reviews that have come in thus far result in a "consensus that the movie is mediocre" and comparing it to that godawful WW84 piece of s*** is definitely trolling.

If you really are just that concerned, I'd suggest taking a xanax or something. A very small minority of reaction tweets saying they didn't love some aspect of the movie does not mean it's dogs**t

The WW84 reviews were an anomoly.

It's like they saved all the bad reviews for later. Very strange but it never happened again.

I feel like you could say every other Marvel movie that comes out is often cited as being the "funniest yet," so I tend to ignore that particular point when it comes to MCU reviews.

Sure, but movies directed by Taika Waititi usually get positive reviews. He hasn't made a single critically panned movie yet. Granted he hasn't ever made a super serious movie yet either (sure Jojo Rabbit had a serious subject, but the movie essentially makes a mockery of one of the most despicable human beings ever). I am optimistic about this movie more than any other movie in Phase 4 because of Taika's prior filmography. There has not been a movie he's done that I have hated. Jojo Rabbit is his best one, but Hunt for the Wilderpeople and What We Do in the Shadows are also great. Thor: Ragnarok was a fun movie. He's doing a movie called "Next Goal Wins" which I am excited about. The MCU is not the main reason I am excited about this movie, it's Taika. He's one of the few directors in Hollywood I trust will not make a terrible movie.

Taika also hasn't made that many movies, but I get it.

Excuse, how dare you accuse me of being a troll? I've been on this movie's hype train since the beginning, as anyone who's been on here since July 2019 can attest.

I'm allowed to express concerns that some of these reactions seem to hinting at this movie having typical Phase 4 MCU drawbacks.

What is your logic in attaching to the few among dozes of positive? It's like you want this movie to fail and are trying to find the tiniest piece of evidence to support your stance.

What is your logic in attaching to the few among dozes of positive? It's like you want this movie to fail and are trying to find the tiniest piece of evidence to support your stance.

I DON'T want this movie to fail. I was just a little worried to hear phrases like "undercooked villain", "comedy overwhelms the film", "plot felt stakeless".

I want this movie to make $3 bn and win 11 Academy Awards.

I DON'T want this movie to fail. I was just a little worried to hear phrases like "undercooked villain", "comedy overwhelms the film", "plot felt stakeless".

I want this movie to make $3 bn and win 11 Academy Awards.

Why did you focus on those instead of the dozens of positive ones?

I feel like you could say every other Marvel movie that comes out is often cited as being the "funniest yet," so I tend to ignore that particular point when it comes to MCU reviews.

I can't trust a single review that comes out after these premieres that doesn't have one or two criticisms. The Marvel marketing machine is just too obvious at this point.

glass_400_300.gif

Everyone needs to take a deep breath i feel. :cwink:

I can't trust a single review that comes out after these premieres that doesn't have one or two criticisms. The Marvel marketing machine is just too obvious at this point.
Every MCU movie is "the best ever" until the next one comes out

Best to ignore all of these reactions. It has become a rinse and repeat cycle for comic films nowadays. I don't trust them, or more so the hype they build.

Last edited:
Every MCU movie is "the best ever" until the next one comes out

Except that is a myth and it's not being said every time.

The actual valid reason to take these kind of reactions lightly is rather that they don't have to correlate to our own tastes, and the same if course goes for reviews. One just has to learn how one's taste aligns with other people since there is obviously no right or wrong.

Except that is a myth and it's not being said every time.

The actual valid reason to take these kind of reactions lightly is rather that they don't have to correlate to our own tastes, and the same if course goes for reviews. One just has to learn how one's taste aligns with other people since there is obviously no right or wrong.
Except it is said. Every time for the MCU.

But anyway most social media first reactions are positive, not even just MCU, due to these outlets (YT channels, sites, etc.) not wanting to lose their access. There's a reason we don't see many negative social media first reactions for big movies.Even the ones that critics end up giving a negative review.
And if they don't have positive feelings over the movie, their first reaction still dance around actualyl saying "I don't like it" 99% of the time. Things like "I have to process it," "It's a lot too digest" "There's a lot I like/love in [insert movie here]"
You can look at every single social media embargo drop for a major blockbuster and it's the same. Again, not even just the MCU ones.

And I'm not mad at them for doing that. I get why outlets do that. . But it is what it is. If I'm curious about the review for a movie, I'll wait for the actual reviews not just the first reaction tweets because they're way less truthful (and of course due to Twitter not as in-depth) than the actual reviews. And again, I want to make it clear that it's not just an MCU thing. It's for all big budget movies that have a social media first reaction embargo lift at least a week prior to release

Last edited:

Now I have heard people accusing Eric Voss of New Rockstars as some Marvel homer because of his constant praise of the MCU. That's not right all of the time. I remember last year he wasn't much of a fan of the villains in Black Widow. I think he wasn't a fan of the Deviants in Eternals either.

Except it is said. Every time for the MCU.

But anyway most social media first reactions are positive, not even just MCU, due to these outlets (YT channels, sites, etc.) not wanting to lose their access. There's a reason we don't see many negative social media first reactions for big movies.Even the ones that critics end up giving a negative review.
And if they don't have positive feelings over the movie, their first reaction still dance around actualyl saying "I don't like it" 99% of the time. Things like "I have to process it," "It's a lot too digest" "There's a lot I like/love in [insert movie here]"
You can look at every single social media embargo drop for a major blockbuster and it's the same. Again, not even just the MCU ones.

And I'm not mad at them for doing that. I get why outlets do that. . But it is what it is. If I'm curious about the review for a movie, I'll wait for the actual reviews not just the first reaction tweets because they're way less truthful (and of course due to Twitter not as in-depth) than the actual reviews. And again, I want to make it clear that it's not just an MCU thing. It's for all big budget movies that have a social media first reaction embargo lift at least a week prior to release

No, it's not. To get an example I quickly went through the first page of hits for social media reaction reports for the Eternals and there was no such statement, which was to be expected since I remember seeing people disprove the myth on this board in the past more than once in the past. Even if there was some obscure person one can find that said it somewhere that does not support the point that was made here as the ones perpetuating the myth are trying to say that the general idea is that people are acting like the latest is always the greatest.

I don't care much about either social media reactions or reviews from people I don't know well so I'm not trying to promote that, I'm just pointing out a semi-commonly stated myth. As I said one will have to figure out one's relation to reactions and reviews personally.

It looks like L&T genuinely moved the New Rockstars crew emotionally:

I'm definitely starting to feel more optimistic about the response to this movie.

It looks like L&T genuinely moved the New Rockstars crew emotionally:

I'm definitely starting to feel more optimistic about the response to this movie.

"There's so many like F*** YES beat downs", the magic words I've been waiting to hear since Thor 1.

Last edited:
"There's so many like F*** yes beat downs", the magic words I've been waiting to hear since Thor 1

I saw another reaction on Twitter saying that Thor has never been more powerful than he is in L&T, so I'm fairly confident that we've got some crazy power showings to look forward to.

I saw another reaction on Twitter saying that Thor has never been more powerful than he is in L&T, so I'm fairly confident that we've got some crazy power showings to look forward to.

Woah Nelly, can you point me to the direction of that Twitter post playa? Must ablidged

Not too long ago I was in either the God of Thunder Hemsworth thread or the Gorr The Godbutcher thread whining about Thor not giving anyone a proper beat down yet in the MCU. Like Spider-Man did Green Goblin in No Way Home for example.

Woah Nelly, can you point me to the direction of that Twitter post playa? Must ablidged

Not too long ago I was in either the God of Thunder Hemsworth thread or the Gorr The Godbutcher thread whining about Thor not giving anyone a proper beat down yet in the MCU. Like Spider-Man did Green Goblin in No Way Home for example.

Ok, he doesn't exactly say "more powerful than ever", but still pretty good, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"