Solo Solo Easter Eggs (Spoilers)

"Vos" might just be a relatively-common surname in the GFFA or something. Like "Antilles" shows up a bit with the Alderaan stuff.

It's just weird that, for a film that name goes so far into fan-lore and Easter egging that it name checks a 1997 PlayStation game, they just created another character called Vos. It's hard to imagine they didn't know about Quinlan Vos, and it's easy to change a name, so why keep it as Vos if he has no connection to Quinlan Vos? It seems odd to me.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet - and I know it's not really an "easter egg", but it's still worth noting.

I don't think anyone says "I have a bad feeling about this."

But I do remember Han saying "I have a really/very good feeling about this!" during the chase from Kessel.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet - and I know it's not really an "easter egg", but it's still worth noting.

I don't think anyone says "I have a bad feeling about this."

But I do remember Han saying "I have a really/very good feeling about this!" during the chase from Kessel.

Did he really say that though? I remember seeing it in the trailers but I can't honestly remember hearing it in the movie. It's a good line though especially coming from Han.

Did he really say that though? I remember seeing it in the trailers but I can't honestly remember hearing it in the movie. It's a good line though especially coming from Han.

Just before they enter the clouds, I am 99.9% sure he says "I have a really/very good feeling about this!" with a smile/grin.

But I can't remember at any point during the film someone saying "I have a bad feeling about this!"

It is a good line though. I like that it flips the old bad feeling, but it still essentially keeps that line in the film in some capacity. Hopefully, if someone sees it again they can confirm whether it is right or not. It might be he did say bad feeling, but I am so sure it was the opposite this time.

It’s in the movie, it got a big laugh at my show.

Also foreshadowing a famous SW exchange...when Lando and Han are looking at what’s left of the Falcon, he tells Han, “I hate you”, Han replies, “I know.” :funny:

Just before they enter the clouds, I am 99.9% sure he says "I have a really/very good feeling about this!" with a smile/grin.

But I can't remember at any point during the film someone saying "I have a bad feeling about this!"

It is a good line though. I like that it flips the old bad feeling, but it still essentially keeps that line in the film in some capacity. Hopefully, if someone sees it again they can confirm whether it is right or not. It might be he did say bad feeling, but I am so sure it was the opposite this time.

Also foreshadowing a famous SW exchange...when Lando and Han are looking at what’s left of the Falcon, he tells Han, “I hate you”, Han replies, “I know.” :funny:

I guess I forgot about it. In my defense that was one of the better scenes in the movie and I basically just sat there enjoying the awesome ride and I guess that line slipped me by.
That moment when the coaxium finally kicks in :hmr:

Not that's a line I did miss. I heard Lando tell Han he hates him but I didn't catch the "I know."

I wish I had now. :woot:

I guess I forgot about it. In my defense that was one of the better scenes in the movie and I basically just sat there enjoying the awesome ride and I guess that line slipped me by.
That moment when the coaxium finally kicks in :hmr:

That's when the engines cut out isn't it? Yeah, that was fun. I loved that whole sequence really. I wish it had been a little longer in terms of, we see the Destroyer and I had hoped for a little more from it - but it was all good fun. And the shows in the clouds, with the storm being the only lighting - wonderful stuff. It felt like a live action Rebels episode. They did some amazing things visually in that show.

Yeah the engines die for a second for whatever reason and then they start up again with a massive powerboost.
I kept thinking that those poor Tie fighter pilots must be extremeley stupid or brave to follow the Falcon out into the clouds.

"Vos" might just be a relatively-common surname in the GFFA or something. Like "Antilles" shows up a bit with the Alderaan stuff.

It's just weird that, for a film that name goes so far into fan-lore and Easter egging that it name checks a 1997 PlayStation game, they just created another character called Vos. It's hard to imagine they didn't know about Quinlan Vos, and it's easy to change a name, so why keep it as Vos if he has no connection to Quinlan Vos? It seems odd to me.

I agree. Bail Antilles has same family name with Wedge because Bail Antilles was the original name of the character which would be developed into Wedge Antilles, and Lucas reused the name in TPM. In Solo they have no reason to introduce a new character with the family name of an old character and just chalk it up as "It's a common family name".

It's a little odd, don't know it's worth concentrating too much on though.

Yeah, both being from Alderaan it doesn't seem a stretch to think they're part of the same family. But "Vos" is a pretty Star Wars-y sounding name, and it's a big galaxy. Seems reasonable to figure there are going to be two or more people out there with that as a last name.

Justin Bolger just tweeted that when Han was in the mud during the fight with Chewie, he was in the same pose as when he was frozen in carbonite. :wow:

The character Vos is weirdly not an Easter Egg related to Quinlan Vos.

images
Quinlan Vos , That is why Dryden's name was so familiar to me.

The half-head zombie women from Rogue One were in Vos' lounge area serving drinks.

I don’t remember Rogue One having half-head zombie women.

I did notice Saw Gerrera’s henchman from Rogue One was with Enfys Nest though.

I don’t remember Rogue One having half-head zombie women.

Neither do I. But she was definitely in Rogue One's "The Making of" or "Character encyclopedia" book.

Edit: She was in Rogue One's Visual Dictionary.

f9cea6e2e524e8d42a631e8f4171eeb2.jpg

Last edited:
Is "fugitive surgeon" a reference to Dr. Evazan since he had a cameo in Rogue One?

From what we've heard it sounds like the decraniated were probably a little more visible in Rogue One initially but were mostly cut. Pretty sure you still glimpse one or two of them on Jedha though, can't recall exactly when.

Cool to see them brought back here though, it's definitely among the crazier & ****ed-up concepts in Star Wars. And yeah, Schloesser, the idea back with Rogue One is he was experimenting on people there. Sounds like it's been expanded a bit to be a more common underworld practice than just him doing all Dr Mengele for his own kicks.

Loved seeing the couple of familiar OT aliens in this too, the Twilek and Rodian. Much as I've loved like 99% of the new alien designs in TFA and TLJ, it's never sat right to me that the original aliens are for the most part not seen. Sure, it's a huge galaxy, but you'd figure at least a couple classic guys would be seen here and there.

Last edited:
It's nice to finally see a live-action female Twilek who isn't a pole dancer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"