The Mandalorian Songs of eons past tell of battles between Mandalore The Great and an order of sorcerers called Jedi

Breogan

My other Avi is Gaucho Mickey
Reaction score
5f1u1r.gif

MC07vHF.jpg

From today's S2 trailer:

The Armorer:..The songs of eons past tell of battles between Mandalore The Great, and an order of sorcerers called Jedi
The Mando: You expect me to search the galaxy and return this creature to a race of enemy sorcerers?
The Armorer: This is the way,

So for those who haven't read the books,, comics or watched the Clone Wars....
What is the battle between Mandalore and the Jedi, why are they such enemies.?
And I assume the Dark Saber?

Mandalorian-Jedi War

Please share everything else pertinent there is to know about the Mandalorian vs Jedi?

Last edited:
Pre Vizsla (voiced by Jon Favreau): "For generations, my ancestors fought proudly as warriors against the Jedi. ...."

Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Pre Vizsla

Clan Vizsla and the Dark Saber

From today's S2 trailer:

The Armorer:..The songs of eons past tell of battles between Mandalore The Great, and an order of sorcerers called Jedi
The Mando: You expect me to search the galaxy and return this creature to a race of enemy sorcerers?
The Armorer: This is the way,

So for those who haven't read the books,, comics or watched the Clone Wars....
What is the battle between Mandalore and the Jedi, why are they such enemies.?
And I assume the Dark sabre?

Mandalorian-Jedi War

Please share everything else pertinent there is to know about the Mandalorian vs Jedi?
Isn't this dialogue from the end of last season?

Yes and it's attached as the opening narrative to the S2 intro trailer.

Last edited:
Yes, but it isn't like new dialogue. It doesn't tell us anything new.

As the thread title and quote suggest -:"Songs of eons past"
Is about discussing the established past stories:
The thread topic is for ; what is known about the cited war between the Mandalorians and Jedi?
Why they see them as a race of enemies.
The creation, and pursuit of the Darksaber etc...
This is not stuff covered in the main movies, but in Clone Wars and other material many haven't seen or read. And would love to see any insight from those who have,

I'm also curious (not having watched clone wars) where Ahsoka Tano will stand at this point, does she see herself as a Jedi, will the Mando see her that way, as "an enemy sorcerer" ?
As far as protecting, or any claim to the Yoby she might take.
(is there even anyone else, besides Luke , I have no idea what other Jedi Clone Wars or Rebels has as being out there at this point?)

Same on the other extreme for Bo-Katan (who I know little about), how will she take the existence of the Yoby? and a Mandalorian protecting it?

The Armorer's words, acknowledge the battle and schism between the Mandalorian and the Jedi, yet their "way", speaks to rightfully returning the Yoby to it's "people".
Is this something new, how removed are they from the fact of the war, do different tribes have different view? Was there some understanding, some peace or allegiance brokered at some point?
Or will this be a first for the Mandalorians and Jedi? The line the Mando must walk to keep true to the tribe.

This past war between the Mandalorians and the Jedi, which was not part of the main movies, seems to have huge repercussions directly into the current narrative of this story, and character, it places the Mando smack in the middle.

Last edited:
I do wonder if the High Republic is planning on getting into this...

Isn't it a little weird that seemingly hardly anybody on this show knows what Jedi are?

I know the Empire wiped them out (almost), and probably censored/suppressed any information about them to the public, but it's only been like thirty years since there was a Jedi Council and everything. There's literally not terribly old people still alive who should remember with their own personal memories in their own lifetime the Old Republic and the Jedi Council and war heroes like Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi whom I'd assume everyone knew were Jedi Knights. Hell, Mando himself was a child during the Clone Wars, that's how recent history all this stuff is.

Though this was also a weird thing in The Force Awakens where Rey thought Luke Skywalker, a war hero who blew up the Death Star, was a myth when all this stuff that should have made him super-famous had only happened like thirty years beforehand.

Some more Legends" history of the Mandalorian Wars...

Isn't it a little weird that seemingly hardly anybody on this show knows what Jedi are?

I know the Empire wiped them out (almost), and probably censored/suppressed any information about them to the public, but it's only been like thirty years since there was a Jedi Council and everything. There's literally not terribly old people still alive who should remember with their own personal memories in their own lifetime the Old Republic and the Jedi Council and war heroes like Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi whom I'd assume everyone knew were Jedi Knights. Hell, Mando himself was a child during the Clone Wars, that's how recent history all this stuff is.

Though this was also a weird thing in The Force Awakens where Rey thought Luke Skywalker, a war hero who blew up the Death Star, was a myth when all this stuff that should have made him super-famous had only happened like thirty years beforehand.

Agreed.

Plus, the events of this show is supposed to take place like 10 years after ROTJ. If I'm not mistaken, Luke should have already created his new Jedi order (before it fell apart with Ben's departure).

So if Luke is already a grand master, overseeing a new Jedi order, then there's no way that so many people should still be in the dark about their existence.

Would Luke be that vocal about it? Seems like it was a very small group to begin with.

I mean, Djarin was raised by a fanatical sect of Mandos, far more fanatical than we have seen to date. And religious fanatics are not exactly the best source for a good history education. Especially since the Mandos being beaten by Jedi would be a sore spot.

As for the larger galaxy, 25 years of purging the evidence of the Jedi can do that. And we are mainly dealing with the backwater planets, where the greater galactic politics and news are not neccessarily kept up with. And Luke hasn't exactly recreated the Jedi Council and is officially part of the New Republic. His academy seems to be an off the grid type deal. And it would not be hard for the Empire to scrub the records of Jedi from the Clone Wars. Hell, would not be surprised if Palpatine had agents forcing things to report the Jedi more as generals and military, rather than as Jedi.

And frankly, even at their high point, the Jedi were rare for the galaxy in general. Even the beings with long lifespans would be unlikely to ever run into a Jedi.

I mean, hell, just look at how most of the characters react to the Mando. As if he is some Bigfoot that jus walked up to you.

I mean, Djarin was raised by a fanatical sect of Mandos, far more fanatical than we have seen to date. And religious fanatics are not exactly the best source for a good history education. Especially since the Mandos being beaten by Jedi would be a sore spot.

As for the larger galaxy, 25 years of purging the evidence of the Jedi can do that. And we are mainly dealing with the backwater planets, where the greater galactic politics and news are not neccessarily kept up with. And Luke hasn't exactly recreated the Jedi Council and is officially part of the New Republic. His academy seems to be an off the grid type deal. And it would not be hard for the Empire to scrub the records of Jedi from the Clone Wars. Hell, would not be surprised if Palpatine had agents forcing things to report the Jedi more as generals and military, rather than as Jedi.

And frankly, even at their high point, the Jedi were rare for the galaxy in general. Even the beings with long lifespans would be unlikely to ever run into a Jedi.

I mean, hell, just look at how most of the characters react to the Mando. As if he is some Bigfoot that jus walked up to you.

Valid points.

If I had to make a wild guess, the two are probably related. Why are the Jedi a little weirdly obscure in Mandalorian? Because they were a little weirdly obscure in The Force Awakens and its sequels. It was probably some kind of overall setting bible mandate.

( So, why were they weirdly obscure in TFA? "Because copying A New Hope" most likely. )

I mean, I get the impression that Luke's school wasn't a huge public thing. Also, there were a lot, lot less. I assume all of the Exegol sith were all the kids the Inquisitors were kidnapping, and where Sidious's kids on Mustaphar went.

You could argue that the people who raised Djarin weren't good people and were not on the up and up. Death Watch were basically terrorists. They likely indoctrinated and brainwashed Djarin like an ISIS training camp.

You could argue that the people who raised Djarin weren't good people and were not on the up and up. Death Watch were basically terrorists. They likely indoctrinated and brainwashed Djarin like an ISIS training camp.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we find out that Death Watch (or at least Vizsla specifically) orchestrated the Droid attack on Din's home as a way to easily recruit the survivors, Pre Vizsla was briefly secretly allied with the Separatists after all.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we find out that Death Watch (or at least Vizsla specifically) orchestrated the Droid attack on Din's home as a way to easily recruit the survivors, Pre Vizsla was briefly secretly allied with the Separatists after all.

I mean they were scumbags who overthrew a peaceful regime and orchestrated a conspiracy with crime syndicates to do it. And orchestrated the murder of Duchess Satine. The foundlings thing could've been a way for them go underground and build their strength.

Seems unlikely. Vizsla strikes me as the type if that was something he was going to do, he would just kidnap the kids right away.

It's never passed the smell test.

In a universe where there are many races we know live well beyond human life spans... I'm sorry but the idea that the Empire blasted the Jedi and their 25,000 year history away to the point that after the Empire fell, less than 30 years later, the Jedi are so unknown to our Mando.

All you need is one Wookie with a good memory and...

Not sure what the argument is, although I haven't watched the cartoons to know if they contradict it, It's perfectly self explained in universe in the first film - just extrapolate Solo's (every man) POV, his disbelief and cavalier attitude towards it all, and project it onto most of the Galaxies population way of thinking at the time.

Han Solo: Hokey religions and ancient weapons.....
I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything.
There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny.

And though it serves to deliver exposition, that Obi-Wan has to describe who they were to Luke, conveys their realtive obscurity at this juncture.

Obi-Wan Kenobi This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster; an elegant weapon for a more civilized age. For over a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic.

By the time Djarin is around, they are even more removed.

Last edited:
Even at their height, the Jedi were more mythological than real in the Outer Rim. And Wookiees may have long lives, but how many actually met a Jedi?

Is this some huge impasse for some (here and in the other thread)?
They know what the Jedi are, she names them, and references their past, and relation to Mando culture.

Here he just doesn't reference them by name, more descriptively how he perceives them.
Which might have more meaning to him.

"The Armorer:..The songs of eons past tell of battles between Mandalore The Great, and an order of sorcerers called Jedi
The Armorer: This is the way,"

Last edited:
Seems unlikely. Vizsla strikes me as the type if that was something he was going to do, he would just kidnap the kids right away.

Wasn't gaslighting and manipulation like this part of his whole plan in Clone Wars? They faked a terrorist attack to make Death Watch look like heroes when they were the ones who orchestrated the whole thing as part of their coup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"