Sony online network now simply... PLAYSTATION.

Mentok

Avenger
Reaction score
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/10/19/there-is-no-playstation-hub-only-playstation/

Just when we were getting used to calling Sony's as-yet-unnamed online service PlayStation HUB, Sony goes and pulls the marketing rug out from under our collective (and terribly presumptuous) feet. Sony's Kaz Hirai recently told Next Generation that they have a philosophical difference with their competitors when it comes to branding their online service. In other words, no PlayStation Live or PS3Connect24. Says Kaz:

"What we don't do however is have a brand name for the network service, you know, like PlayStation Online or PlayStation Live, and this is because we don't we don't see a 'PlayStation offline.'"

Sony insists the service will be free for consumers and flexible for publishers. Of course, this reminds us of the similarly free and flexible -- and poorly supported -- online services seen on the PS2 and the PSP platforms. Before we get needlessly worried that the PS3's online service will be another poorly supported, nameless offering, we'll wait to learn more during Sony's Gamer's Day event in San Francisco later today.

So... nevermind all those people who wont be using the online component then I guess :o

Anyone thinking of a similar approach to PS3 online and the Wii online system :confused:

^ soo its a nameless online service. hmmm

thanx for the find

How the hell are you spinning that comment (which is an encouraging statement) into PS3 online being like the Wii?????

We already know about PS3 online enough to say that it is DEFINATELY not going for a Wii apporach and going for a much more open but non the less integrated Live style approach.

Seriously how are you thinking that comment is anything BUT a positive comment. :dry:

They aren't giving there online component a name does not = anything about the quality or ability of the service.

Zenien said:
How the hell are you spinning that comment (which is an encouraging statement) into PS3 online being like the Wii?????

Because Kaz said they dont see an OFFLINE PS3... Thus Its pretty safe to assume they would be setting up a similar system to the always on (or similar idea) Wii system. Which IMO is a great thing to do.

Seriously how are you thinking that comment is anything BUT a positive comment. :dry:

BECAUSE IT IS ****ING POSITIVE :o

Jesus ****ing christ Zen, dont get so uptight over every remark I make about SONY.

They aren't giving there online component a name does not = anything about the quality or ability of the service.

Gee... thanks for correcting me :o

well some things about the online service but i wish we knew more such as how the online transactions will work, what the download service will be like and stuff like that.

i like how the wii implimented news and a weather service :)

"Jesus ****ing christ Zen, dont get so uptight over every remark I make about SONY."

you basically do the same thing to me :(

1154885619342.jpg

REEEEEOOOOOOOW!!111 :cmad:

Alright so MAYBE I misinterpreted what you said, but I refuse to admit to doing so!

Zenien said:
Alright so MAYBE I misinterpreted what you said, but I refuse to admit to doing so!

Its ok, we can make up later :O

hugbearsst06-30-3.jpg

Girls and boys kissing is so passe. It's all about being gay these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"