Playstation Now

I thought it shut down a couple of years ago.

Yeah, that feels like a headline from like 3 years ago.

so apparently sony bought parts of onlive, what do you guys make of that?

I don't know, I thought it happened like 3 years ago :confused:

They bought Gaikai. Frankly, the problem with companies like Gaikai and OnLive is that while they were built on ambitious plans, they just aren't large enough to do things on such a grand scale. They were built for acquisition essentially IMO by companies like Facebook, Sony, or Microsoft and when they don't get bought, it all eventually comes crashing down.

Oh, that names sounds familiar. I guess I was mixing up that and OnLive then.

Huzzah!

30RockHighFivingAngels_zpsks3zxp7s.gif

Well I'm not gonna get too excited over rumors, I'm just happy I'm finally gonna get to play it at all!

PlayStation 3
PlayStation Now subscriptions come to PS3 on May 12
Published 18 hours ago. 14 comments.
Get access to 100+ games catalog starting next week.

PS-Now-PS3-May-12.jpg

PlayStation 3 users in North America will be able to sign up for a PlayStation Now subscription starting next Tuesday, May 12, Sony announced.
The subscription service launched for PlayStation 4 back in January, and gives users unlimited access to a catalog of more than 100 PlayStation 3 games for $19.99 per month, or three months for $44.99. When it launches on PlayStation 3, users will have a seven-day trial option.
New games are added to the service monthly. Joining PlayStation Now in May include:

• Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce (Koei Tecmo)
  • F1 2014 (Codemasters)
  • Farming Simulator (Focus Home Interactive)
  • Fat Princess (SCE)
  • Sanctum 2 (Coffee Stain Studios)
Find the full list of available games at PlayStation.com.

Read More

PlayStation 3, PlayStation Now, SCE, SCEA
source: Gematsu

Samsung Smart TVs get PlayStation Now game-streaming service

| 18hrs ago

We knew PlayStation Now support was coming to Samsung Smart TVs, but now it's finally here. If you have a compatible 2015 set in your home (or office), you can now start streaming games directly from Sony's subscription service. However, do keep in mind that you'll need a DualShock 4 controller to get started -- which is much better than needing an entire console. Up until now, PlayStation Now had only been compatible with Sony hardware, including the PS4, PS3, PS Vita and some TVs, so it's great to see the service become more widely available. Unfortunately, this is only available to users in the US and Canada, at least for the time being.
14 Comments

Via: engadget.com/gaming/JoyStiq & VentureBeat

Source: PlayStation

PC
[FONT=&quot]PlayStation Now coming to PC[/FONT]

Published 4 hours ago. 241 comments.
Stream PlayStation 3 games on PC.

PS-Now-PC-Ann.jpg

PlayStation Now is coming to PC, Sony Interactive Entertainment announced, bringing a wide selection streamable of PlayStation-exclusive titles to the Windows platform, including Uncharted, God of War, Ratchet & Clank, The Last of Us, and more.

Sony will also release a new device, the DualShock 4 USB Wireless Adaptor, in early September for $24.99. It will let you connect a DualShock 4 to a PC or Mac wirelessly and enjoy every feature about the controller so long as a gaming application supports it.

The adaptor can be used for PlayStation Now on PC, as well as for PlayStation 4 Remote Play on PC. Of course, you’ll also be able to connect your DualShock 4 via a USB cable if you’d prefer not to buy the adaptor.

The following specs are recommended to run PlayStation Now on your PC:

• Windows 7 (SP1), 8.1 or 10
  • 3.5 GHz Intel Core i3 or 3.8 GHz AMD A10 or faster
  • 300 MB or more; 2 GB or more of RAM
  • Sound card; USB port
  • A minimum 5Mbps connection
The PlayStation Now PC app will launch in Europe soon and shortly thereafter in North America.

Read More

PC, PlayStation Now, SIE, SIEA, SIEE

[YT]yEVrvfGn4Do[/YT]

7 hours ago
EP Daily Rundown for August 24, 2016

Today in the Rundown, we catch some surprising news about Pokémon Go, take a look at the latest game from the makers of Sleeping Dogs,
find out how you can run PlayStation-exclusive games on the PC, take a look at the first batch of DLC for Dark Souls 3, discover when X
box One gamers can start playing The Witness, and finally, get the first details on a new TV series based on Martin Scorsese’s The Departed!

Pokémon Go players might be going on to something else. With the new mobile game becoming a huge success over night, many have wondered if it’s just a fad, and when it might start to lose steam. Now we might have the answer. Bloomberg News has consolidated the numbers from several different analytics firms, and they show that the game’s daily active users have gone down. The game peaked at 45 million daily users around July 21, about two weeks after launch, and it’s since dropped to 30 million. That’s still a lot of people playing the game everyday, but the developers are probably hoping that they don’t drop any more. This isn’t really all that unexpected. Most mobile games start strong and then drop to a consistent level of players, and that’s probably what’s happening here, so don’t start writing off Pokémon Go just yet. It’s also possible that many lapsed players will come back to the game when new updates are released. Developer Niantic Labs is working on several big additions, including the ability for players to battle each other on the street, which is sure to get people interested again. We’ll let you know when more details come in.

The makers of Sleeping Dogs are smashing their way through a new project. United Front Games, the Vancouver-based developer behind Sleeping Dogs and ModNation Racers, has announced an all-new game called Smash+Grab. It’s a 3v3 online combat game where players take the role of gangsters in a dystopian future, and then battle each other for money, loot, and respect. Think of it as a cross between The Warriors and DOTA 2. You’ll of course be able to customize the way your gang looks, and the developers say that, like Sleeping Dogs, fluid hand-to-hand combat will play a big role. Smash+Grab will be available via Steam Early Access this fall, but before that, there’s a beta test that will kick off soon, and you can register by
clicking here. United Front Games could use a hit right now. Earlier this year, they cancelled their open-world multiplayer game Triad Wars, and they were also working on various content for the Disney Infinity series, and we all know how that worked out. Hopefully Smash+Grab will have greater success.
You don’t need a PlayStation to enjoy PlayStation-exclusive games. Sony has revealed that the PlayStation Now game streaming service is coming to the PC. It will be available for Windows 10 devices, and like the version of PlayStation Now that’s already available on consoles, it will allow PC users to instantly stream PS3 games from the cloud. All of the number crunching is done from a central server, so you don’t have to download the games in order to play, but you will need to have at least a 5Mbps internet connection. That arrives soon, and it’s not the only new thing on the way. Sony has announced the DualShock 4 USB Wireless Adaptor. It makes it possible for users to plug the PS4 controller into their computer wirelessly for the first time. It will work with PlayStation Now, and can also be used for PS4 Remote Play, which has been available on computers for several months. The USB Adaptor will be available on the PC and Mac, while PlayStation Now will only be available on the PC, for now. It arrives next month.
Dark Souls 3 is giving players so terrifying new content just in time for Halloween. Following yesterday’s leak, Namco Bandai has officially confirmed that the first batch of DLC for Dark Souls 3 will land on October 25. It’s called Ashes of Ariandel, and will give players new weapons, magic spells, and a new PvP-exclusive map. If you’re one of the many players who hated the PvP in the main game, you’ll be happy to know that a second batch of DLC focusing on single player is also in the works, and will arrive in the coming months. You better enjoy the last of the Dark Souls 3 content, because developer From Software has stated that they currently have no plans to make more games in the series. They instead want to focus on new, original properties going forward, but whatever their new games are, you can bet that they’ll be very, very, very difficult.

Xbox One gamers will finally be able to witness one of the coolest games of the year. The 3D puzzle game The Witness is coming to the Xbox One on September 13, following its release on the PS4 and PC back in January. The game’s director Jonathan Blow made the announcement to IGN, saying that the Xbox One version will be exactly the same, so don’t expect any exclusive puzzles or other in-game content to make it worth the wait. The Xbox One isn’t the only new platform getting The Witness. Jonathan Blow has also confirmed that they’re working on an iOS version, but it will take a while longer to squeeze everything onto that platform.
Another big movie is being turned into a TV series. Deadline reports that Amazon is working on a TV series based on the 2006 Martin Scorsese movie The Departed. Like the film, it will focus on an undercover cop who infiltrates a dangerous gang, while also focusing on a gangster who infiltrates the police department. The story has a lot of complicated subplots and dark themes, which seems like a good fit for a television-style production. This isn’t the first time the story has been adapted. The Departed itself was a remake of a 2002 Hong Kong movie called Infernal Affairs. Amazon is producing more and more original content for their streaming service in a bid to take on Netflix and Hulu

source:EPN.tv

PlayStation 4
[FONT=&quot]PlayStation Now for PC now available in North America[/FONT]

Published 11 hours ago. 43 comments.
Stream PlayStation 3 games to your PC.

PS-Now-Out-PC-NA.jpg

PlayStation Now is now available for Windows PC in North America following a launch in Europe last week.

To play PlayStation Now titles on PC, you’ll need a compatible Windows PC, DualShock 4 wireless controller with USB mini cable (or with a wireless adaptor), a PlayStation Network account, a PlayStation Now subscription (or free trial), and a 5Mbps or greater internet connection.
Read more and download the PC application here.

Watch a new set of trailers below.
PlayStation Now on PC and PS4

[YT]bL9dbUWNX3o[/YT]
400+ Games on PlayStation Now

[YT]eVW10rAesEA[/YT]
Six New Greatest Hits Join PlayStation Now

[YT]fY3oPA3czgw[/YT]

Read More

PlayStation 4, Clips, PlayStation Now, SIE, SIEA, Trailers

Sony Game Pass Response Is in the Works, Says God of War Creator

To this day, I'm still confused by the difference of Ps Plus and Ps Now and I always have to read the difference of each service.

Apparently, there's news to come for PS Game pass like service. So perhaps one of those two can be Sony's counterpart of Xbox Game Pass.

I think this game pass might not be the best idea for Sony new eXclusive games as they need to recoup their budget wi th physical/Digital sales. But this might work for third party games and smaller games especially games with microtransactions, if they're willing to dump their new games in a subscription service.

Sony Game Pass Response Is in the Works, Says God of War Creator

To this day, I'm still confused by the difference of Ps Plus and Ps Now and I always have to read the difference of each service.

Apparently, there's news to come for PS Game pass like service. So perhaps one of those two can be Sony's counterpart of Xbox Game Pass.

I think this game pass might not be the best idea for Sony new eXclusive games as they need to recoup their budget wi th physical/Digital sales. But this might work for third party games and smaller games especially games with microtransactions, if they're willing to dump their new games in a subscription service.
They should probably start by bundling Plus and Now together to take out any confusion and instantly close some of the gap to gamepass. The real question down the line is whether they will ever put the big first party games on the service on release.

They should probably start by bundling Plus and Now together to take out any confusion and instantly close some of the gap to gamepass. The real question down the line is whether they will ever put the big first party games on the service on release.
I just read the difference again

Ps plus = for multiplayer online games + free monthly games (I'm assuming the monthly free games are yours forever once redeemed?)
Ps now = stream and download games (downloaded games are accessible as long as you are subscribed)

I don't know about bundling them but Sony should probably work on marketing ps now. I've read it only has more than 2 million subscribers in 2020. While ps plus has over 40 million subscibers. If they could merge both services and not change the monthly/yearly fee, that would be great but thatd be too generous of Sony.

I don't think Playstation will put their big eXclusives for a game pass like service or psnow. There's a new ps5 game that came out that is accessible in psplus right now but I don't think its a 1st party game and it doesn't look triple A game to me. While Destruction All Stars is a purely multiplayer game if I'm not mistaken, and everyone needs to pay psplus to access that game.

However for singleplayer driven games like Horizon, God of War and Spider-Man - Sony would need those to be sold for the standard ps5 price at least for the first siX months. Then maybe 18 months later, put it up as a free game for ps plus when it already sold like millions. Then 3 years down the road, maybe they could be accessible to all ps now subscribers. I'm not sureif Spider-Man 2018 and God of War 2018 are even available in ps now.

I've read Sony was forced by Baseball assocation (well whoever owns the MLB brand) to put MLB 21 in gamepass and Xbox discs. And I wonder if Sony would drop that game sometime in the future.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"