Playstation Now

well, I dunno how much of a gamer ya are but if you really fall for a game, and I mean, fall in love with it, you might end up desiring to platinum it :yay: a platinum trophy is the one you get when you get all the trophies in the game.

but yeah. there's trophies are for you to complete challenges. some are there for just completing certain missions/objectives so just by playing the game you'll earn them.
Yeah, I'm not that much of a gamer. I've never been into completing all the side missions and collecting all the little bonus stuff. I just play the stories through and move on. If I WERE more into that stuff though I would probably be much better at this game right now, lol.

I found the Uncharted games while entertaining overall, the gameplay could get rather tedious. Climb, climb, kill 20 guys, climb, climb, kill 20 guys. Also helped that the enemies had zero personality.

I never had that problem with the Last of Us, really. But then you had more diverse enemies.
I liked the platforming in the game a lot, that never got old since the games were so gorgeous, it gives you even more reason to check out the scenery. But the waves of enemies annoyed the hell outta me, yeah.
Yeah, I'm not that much of a gamer. I've never been into completing all the side missions and collecting all the little bonus stuff. I just play the stories through and move on. If I WERE more into that stuff though I would probably be much better at this game right now, lol.
well who knows yo. alls I'm saying is you may come across a game that you fall in love with so hard that you'll want to conquer it by all means.

by the way, did they make you create a PsN in order to use it?

I liked the platforming in the game a lot, that never got old since the games were so gorgeous, it gives you even more reason to check out the scenery. But the waves of enemies annoyed the hell outta me, yeah.
well who knows yo. alls I'm saying is you may come across a game that you fall in love with so hard that you'll want to conquer it by all means.
Well, that did kinda happen with Tomb Raider. I actually played that game through twice (which I've never done before) just because I wanted to get a higher percentage completion level. That's become my "comfort" game, haha.

by the way, did they make you create a PsN in order to use it?
I already had one, so no.

And yeah, I'm really enjoying this game, but the waves of enemies are getting rather tedious.

word. never played any of the TR games, ever.

ah ok. so I'm guessing if you didn't have a psn that the psnow app would prompt you into making one.

did they say anything about joining psplus as well? i imagine that's irrelevant because you need a console to actually get a use out of it.

Nope. Just downloaded the app, selected a subscription plan, started the trial and browsed the library for a game to play. No mention of PSplus (which I've never subscribed to).

Nope. Just downloaded the app, selected a subscription plan, started the trial and browsed the library for a game to play. No mention of PSplus (which I've never subscribed to).

cool. so seems like ps+ is indeed going to be a service that just goes with owning a console.

cool. so seems like ps+ is indeed going to be a service that just goes with owning a console.
Not so sure about that. I've had my PS4 for a year now and have never been compelled to join PS+. And between the games I buy and PSNow, I don't see myself adding PS+ any time in the immediate future, either. I feel like PS+ and PSNow are gonna be a kind of "either/or" situation for a lot of people.

Not so sure about that. I've had my PS4 for a year now and have never been compelled to join PS+. And between the games I buy and PSNow, I don't see myself adding PS+ any time in the immediate future, either. I feel like PS+ and PSNow are gonna be a kind of "either/or" situation for a lot of people.

I see. They announced that there's about 11 million PsPlus accounts and 18 million Ps4s sold, which means speaks levels about how online gaming isn't as important to a lot of gamers as many people may think, even if the majority partake in it.

But I feel you, I was never compelled to join PsPlus either and I don't really care much for the free games. I got my first subscription at a good price.

Welp, I just finished Uncharted and now am about to start Arkham City for the first time. Anybody know if they've said how often they'll be adding games to PSNow, like a new batch every month or something? I'm dying to play Uncharted 2 now, haha.

Welp, I just finished Uncharted and now am about to start Arkham City for the first time. Anybody know if they've said how often they'll be adding games to PSNow, like a new batch every month or something? I'm dying to play Uncharted 2 now, haha.

Yea im gonna wait to sign up once they get all 3 on the service. Altho i tried playing Arkham Asylum with my 7 day trial last night and it was awful. The streaming quality was garbage. Maybe its just my net, but that wasn't an experience id want to pay for on a monthly basis.

Yea im gonna wait to sign up once they get all 3 on the service. Altho i tried playing Arkham Asylum with my 7 day trial last night and it was awful. The streaming quality was garbage. Maybe its just my net, but that wasn't an experience id want to pay for on a monthly basis.
I don't blame ya there. If my streaming quality sucked, I wouldn't waste the money, either. So far I haven't had any quality issues, thankfully. Loving Arkham City too.

Though after that, I'm not sure they have any other games up there that I'm dying to play at the moment. I WOULD try out Mass Effect 2 (never played any of those), but that's not included in the subscription library, just the rental one. So I do hope the library expands soon. I've already decided I'm gonna give the 3-month subscription a whirl to sort of expand my gaming horizons, so I guess I'll just have to start looking up the reviews on all these other games until they add more that I've heard of, lol.

Hopefully this hits the psTV by summer and has expanded it's library with the likes for MGS4 and another Uncharted. Right now all I wanna play on it is Last of Us, Uncharted 1 and Shadow of the Colossus. Keeping my fingers crossed for Dragon's Dogma.

I started my free trial last night. I've tried out several games so far, although I've mostly just been playing Metal Slug. It's worked beautifully for me for the most part. If they really expand the game selection I could see myself subbing in the future.

so I think I'm gonna do a free trail now too just so I can play Me2 on my Ps4. I just have one question though - are we technically playing the games for free or do we still have to pay the hourly/weekly basis?

And how do we cancel the trial so that we don't get charged at the end of it?

It wouldnt be a FREE trial if you had to pay

i meant that they automatically renew at the end and charge you. but i think i figured out how to stop it.

so I think I'm gonna do a free trail now too just so I can play Me2 on my Ps4. I just have one question though - are we technically playing the games for free or do we still have to pay the hourly/weekly basis?
If I understand correctly, you're asking if you have to pay the rental prices if you're subscribing? Then the answer is no...unless it's a game that's only available as a rental. There's a different library for renting and a library for subscriptions. If you have a subscription and want to play one of the games that's only available for rental, then yeah, you would have to pay the fee. And on the other hand, there are several games ONLY available to subscribers that aren't available for individual rental at all (like the ones I've played so far, Uncharted and Arkham City).

Here are the two lists of what's available for single rentals and for the subscribers:
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Now/PlayStation-Now-Title-List/td-p/44466574

Last edited:
If I understand correctly, you're asking if you have to pay the rental prices if you're subscribing? Then the answer is no...unless it's a game that's only available as a rental. There's a different library for renting and a library for subscriptions. If you have a subscription and want to play one of the games that's only available for rental, then yeah, you would have to pay the fee. And on the other hand, there are several games ONLY available to subscribers that aren't available for individual rental at all (like the ones I've played so far, Uncharted and Arkham City).

Here are the two lists of what's available for single rentals and for the subscribers:
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Now/PlayStation-Now-Title-List/td-p/44466574

I see, thank you. Unfortunately Me2's on the rental list. I started off by trying out Ico. So far seems like the only legacy title on psnow

Uc2 is coming to PsNow!
30RockHighFivingAngels_zpso6hpokeq.gif

OMG, I was just searching for info yesterday on when this might happen! Thanks for the heads-up, this news pretty much makes my day, haha.

30RockHighFivingAngels_zpso6hpokeq.gif

OMG, I was just searching for info on this yesterday! Thanks for the heads-up, this news pretty much makes my day, haha.

ohhh you haven't played it yet have you??

I remember the hype way back in the day freshman year, and then finally playing it during thanksgiving break. it instantly became my favorite game ever and to this day, I keep going back and forth with it and Me2.

UC2-Temple.jpg

DEM GRAPHICS DOE

edit: ugh, the posts automatically resize images

Yep, this will be my first time ever playing it. Everyone hails it as a masterpiece (noticed it's the #3 best-reviewed PS3 game of all-time on Metacritic, just barely behind the two GTA's, and UC's genre is more my style), and I already love the characters/story, so I'm uber-excited.

And wow at those graphics on a game that's 6 years old. :wow:

Well dammit, where is it? I see they've added it for rent, but nothing's been added to the subscription library. Boo. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"