Playstation Now

Is there a specific time tomorrow that it launches? I'm so excited about playing Drake's Fortune for the first time I'd love to get some play time in before work. :D

Subscription service starts tomorrow. Totally pisses me off though that it's only for the PS4 and not the PSTV. I see no reason why it shouldn't launch on both devices. It's just maddening the lack of support Sony gives to it's peripherals. The Move, Vita and now the PSTV.

It's maddening, but it's not like it's totally unexpected, since Move and Vita were more or less flops. I guess one could argue the Vita has a good following in Japan, but worldwide it was pretty DOA. If not for it's power that makes porting console titles easy-ish, crossbuy, and Sony buying content, I kind of think the Vita would've been outright dead a year or two ago.

But I will agree about PSTV. The way they treated it has been pretty weird, I don't know. But whenever PS1 and PS2 titles are added to Now, and it'll come to PSTV, I may get one if I don't have a PS4 first (which is doubtful). I'll think about it anyway.

PsTV was once PsVita tv, but when they basically gave up hope on the thing they renamed their microconsole jus PsTV. it would've made perfect sense to make PsTV support psNow since they go hand in hand, so I can understand the dude's frustration.

PsTV was once PsVita tv, but when they basically gave up hope on the thing they renamed their microconsole jus PsTV. it would've made perfect sense to make PsTV support psNow since they go hand in hand, so I can understand the dude's frustration.

It was just Vita TV. I'm aware of this, and understand his frustration. My comments were more about the Vita proper and Move. It sucks, but neither performed well, so it's not all that surprising that they have little love. Honestly, I think Sony gives it more love than anyone can realistically expect based on how it's performing.

It was just Vita TV. I'm aware of this, and understand his frustration. My comments were more about the Vita proper and Move. It sucks, but neither performed well, so it's not all that surprising that they have little love. Honestly, I think Sony gives it more love than anyone can realistically expect based on how it's performing.

hm. from everything I can tell it was gonna be called Ps Vita TV, it is after all a playstation product so it'd be a little odd to leave that part out. but that's not important. the entire time I had knowledge of both pstv and psnow, I really saw the two products going hand in hand but yeah, it's quite unfortunate that even with playstation being sony's strong suit, that outside of consoles, nothing seems to work out for them.

PsNow seems like it has potential for success though. for now I think it's gonna be for the casual gamers though. because most others are still making Ps4s fly off the shelves.

I thought it was a foolish move to even name it PS Vita TV to begin with. Its current name outside of Japan is better

I thought it was a foolish move to even name it PS Vita TV to begin with. Its current name outside of Japan is better

Considering how it is a new version of the Vita, I don't really see what was foolish about the name. Japan was the only place that the Vita is doing well in, so it makes plenty of sense to name it Vita TV there.

Considering how it is a new version of the Vita, I don't really see what was foolish about the name. Japan was the only place that the Vita is doing well in, so it makes plenty of sense to name it Vita TV there.

Because it does more than play Vita games. Now was always intended for it and it can play PSP and PS1 titles in addition to PS4 games via remote play. Calling it Vita TV was a misrepresentation of its abilities, as while it can play some Vita games, it wasnt limited to it, but rather extended to a variety of the PS library. The PS TV is a more appropriate title for it

That's a bit pedantic to me. The Vita does all that, too. The PSTV/Vita TV is still Vita hardware, it's a fancier than usual redesign.

I suppose but the Vita is a more limiting term, especially to those who arent aware of all of its capabilities. Playstation is alot more general and encomposses more on first glance than "Vita". The thing doesnt even play all Vita games, adding to the confusion of its original name. From a marketing standpoint, PS TV is the route, they should have always taken, especially since there was so much uncertainty about what this thing could do when it was announced

maybe because when the microconsole was conceptualized, the vita wasn't declared a failure by the industry and one of its main functions was still playing vita games. I dunno tho.

there's a free trial going on now. but it asks you to use your credit card which means it'll probably charge once the trial is over.

All you have to do to avoid being charged is cancel the trial before the charge date. I've been working a lot lately so I'm gonna try to get some time in the next couple days since I'm off.

Sure do. But I'm not into the online/social media aspects of gaming so I don't even really get the point of them, lol.

Side note: This game is harder than I expected!

just gives you incentive to challenge yourself basically. most games have a trophy for beating the game in its highest difficulty.

That's one trophy I'll never get, lol.

Seriously, I have Uncharted on the "Easy" setting and I've still died SO MANY TIMES.

That's one trophy I'll never get, lol.

Seriously, I have Uncharted on the "Easy" setting and I've still died SO MANY TIMES.

well, I dunno how much of a gamer ya are but if you really fall for a game, and I mean, fall in love with it, you might end up desiring to platinum it :yay: a platinum trophy is the one you get when you get all the trophies in the game.

but yeah. there's trophies are for you to complete challenges. some are there for just completing certain missions/objectives so just by playing the game you'll earn them.

I actually thought the Uncharted games were rather easy. When it comes to platinums, they arent too difficult to get at all. On the first game, there is one tough spot early on, I want to say in Chapter 4 or 5, but if you can get past that ambush, its smooth sailing to the end. Just make good use of cover, especially to heal if shot

I actually thought the Uncharted games were rather easy. When it comes to platinums, they arent too difficult to get at all. On the first game, there is one tough spot early on, I want to say in Chapter 4 or 5, but if you can get past that ambush, its smooth sailing to the end. Just make good use of cover, especially to heal if shot

says the guy who's got like 20 some platinum trophies.

I think you're just one of those guys that's really really good at playing games. I think playing the Uc series on harder difficulties is very challenging.

I found the Uncharted games while entertaining overall, the gameplay could get rather tedious. Climb, climb, kill 20 guys, climb, climb, kill 20 guys. Also helped that the enemies had zero personality.

I never had that problem with the Last of Us, really. But then you had more diverse enemies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"