Sony's Playstation Rewards Program

Havok83

Avenger
Reaction score
Introducing PlayStation Rewards – A New Way to Earn Exclusive Status and Recognition

Today, we’re excited to share news of the launch of PlayStation Rewards, a new program that recognizes and rewards our users for simply doing what they love – playing games and interacting with the entertainment content that PlayStation has to offer. We really wanted to create something that says, “thank you” for being a loyal PlayStation fan.​

In its initial launch tomorrow (Oct. 28th), PlayStation Rewards will be an invitation-only beta to all eligible PlayStation Plus and Gamer Advisory Panel (GAP) members. We’re kicking things off as a beta so that we can get feedback from our most loyal fans in order to make it the best possible rewards program it can be. It’s also worth noting that during the beta phase, the program will be focused on PlayStation 3 owners, but we hope to include PSP users as well not too far down the road. Oh, and one more thing: PlayStation Rewards will be free – there is no fee to join!
Now, to give you a bit more details on the new loyalty program… PlayStation Rewards is designed to give you the opportunity to gain exclusive status, recognition, and rewards as a thank you for your continued interest in PlayStation. And, the best part is that you don’t have to do anything different. Keep playing new games, buying content purchased from PlayStation Network in the PlayStation Store and PlayStation Home, download movies and TV shows, or just communicate with us by taking one of our surveys, for example, and you’ll now be recognized for it.​

The more you play and participate, the more progress you’ll make through our three reward tiers — “Select,” “Pro,” and “Legendary.” As your status increases, so do the rewards. And if you want to check out your current status level, simply go to your private profile page and look at the reward progress meter.​

So what do you get? Right now, rewards include things like…
  • Exclusive PSN avatars that display member status in the program​
  • Exclusive dynamic themes and PlayStation Home content​
  • Opportunities throughout the program year to participate in members-only sweepstakes and giveaways for experiences and merchandise you won’t find elsewhere (The first of which is an all expenses paid trip to the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, as PlayStation’s guest)​

That’s just the start and our plan is to continually grow and improve the reward offering as the program itself evolves. Your feedback in this beta period will help make the program even better!!​

If you’re a GAP member or PlayStation Plus subscriber in the U.S., who is opted-in to marketing as of October 24th, be sure to look for your invitation and sign-up for PlayStation Rewards.​

To learn more about our new loyalty program, check back tomorrow when the site will be live and the beta forum will be available for all eligible participants.​

We look forward to showing you our appreciation along the way!​

I got mine earlier today. First potential prize is a trip to CES

I can't believe Plus members are still in a draw for entries.

360 broke so I am going to Sony:)The rewards program sounds nice

Nope. It or being a GAP member is just the first requisite. They are also looking at your activity on PSN. I don't buy a lot of things off the store, so I think that is what hurt me.

Nope. It or being a GAP member is just the first requisite. They are also looking at your activity on PSN. I don't buy a lot of things off the store, so I think that is what hurt me.

Neither do I? I don't really find a lot of things on the PSN store appealing. :/

Im a Plus and GAP memebr so I got both of those going for me. I dont purchase alot of things off the store either but I do from time to time

I got an invite to this on the 28th. I just figured everyone who signed up for PLUS got to participate in this?

Now I feel all warm and fuzzy. :p :D

The trip out to CES would be a blast! Especially if Insomniac Games were there, I would love to play some R3. ;)

Possible avvy's:

AVVY.png

Exactly one month in and I finally have progress. I jumped from 0 to 40%. I was beginning to lose hope that it would move at all. Anyone else have progress? Anyone already at Pro or Legendary?

I honestly forgot about this and havent even looked at it. How do you see your percentage number?

When you go to the reward page, right click the picture of your progress and look at it's properties. The title is "Base_0000.jpg" in the beginning. Mine is "Base_0040.jpg" which means I'm at 40%. I think there was a hicup in the system, because some people have had no prgoress, while others are almost to Legendary. I suppose it's in Beta for reasons like this.

Since the launch of the PlayStation Rewards beta, members have been benefiting from doing the things they love to do on PlayStation and progressing towards Select, Pro and Legendary. You may have even seen some of the members that have already reached a rewards tier showing off their status in the PlayStation.com forums or online via their exclusive PSN avatars.

When we announced the PlayStation Rewards program, we promised that it would continually be evolving. We have heard your feedback and today are excited to announce the addition of Quests to the program, which provide yet another fun way for members to participate and earn progress. Quests are PlayStation-related activities that you can complete to directly add to your progress meter.
For example, with Quests, users will earn progress for playing an eligible PlayStation Move game in the “Move It” quest, for watching PlayStation Network’s PULSE in HD on their PS3 system in the “Check Your Pulse” quest, or for visiting the Central Plaza in PlayStation Home in the “No Place Like Home” quest. Nine Quests will be released in the beta by tomorrow, and we’ll be adding crafty new quests throughout the year for your enjoyment.

We hope those of you in the program are enjoying it so far. PlayStation Rewards was made to recognize and reward members for doing the things they love – interacting with and experiencing the entertainment that PlayStation offers. As users play games, check out PlayStation Network’s original programming, review games and explore PlayStation Home, they will earn progress toward the program’s three tiers – Select, Pro and Legendary status. In addition, members of PlayStation Rewards will be eligible to win exclusive prizes and collectible memorabilia throughout the year.

When the PlayStation Rewards program becomes available to everyone in April next year, be sure to check out Quests as a fun way to get involved with all the things you love to do with PlayStation.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/12/06/quests-added-to-playstation-rewards-program/

Well, I was in the PS Rewards Beta Program, and all I got was this lousy t-shirt.

Hi KALEL114,

We wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for your participation in the PlayStation®Rewards Beta, which is ending on March 31st. Your feedback helped us understand the kinds of things that make you feel appreciated and valued.

Based on what we learned, we have decided the program is not ready to roll out to the public in April as originally planned. But rest assured, we will continue to thank loyal and devoted customers like you with innovative offerings.

In the meantime, to show how much we appreciated your participation, we made you a special and exclusive PlayStation® T-shirt. This limited edition shirt will be mailed to beta testers who have reached either Select, Pro or Legendary status by March 31, 2011. Please make sure your mailing address is up-to-date on your PlayStation®Network account.

Thanks again for your participation and feedback.

Sincerely,
PlayStation®Rewards Team

Last edited:
at least you got something. I got that email today but without that third paragraph. Oh well. I got a PS t-shirt when I registered for my PS3 and it was pretty neat. You'll probably get a good looking one. Did you try to go for the Reward challenges? I honestly didnt bother with this thing after it was initially announced. Completely forgot about it

I did the challenges that were easy and not time consuming. Go to Home Plaza and also Sodium, earn a trophy in GT5, and the sort. The program would have been a lot more fun if the tracking of your status was updated on a daily basis. I would jump from 10%-35% after two weeks of no movement. They should have added your status progress on the XMB as well. Oh well.

I got a Thank you email a few days ago with a voucher for a bunch of items. 2 Home DLC as well as a dynamic theme and a bunch of avatars. I think Im going to rock the Infamous one

Cool. I went with Kratos, because no one else seemed to use it. Havn't got my t-shirt yet. I did get a survey though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"