Playstation The Official Playstation 5 Thread

Demon's Souls was the first PS5 game for me as well, and the one that made me want one on launch. It opened my eyes for the Soulsborne games but I haven't played many. I intended to play Bloodborne as you got it for free with the PS5 previous generation bundle but then I heard rumors about a 60 fps patch and waited for that, which never came. I did play Elden Ring though and that's such a great next step for the genre.

Bloodborne 2 seems like a very smart step for FromSoftware since they seem to want to make another non-open world game after Elden Ring, and it's such a beloved game among the fans.
Bloodborne may not have been a best seller for Sony, but it was definitely synonymous with the Ps4 within the first three years of its release. to this day, Bloodborne is now considered one of the greatest games of all time. you would think Sony would make a deal with FromSoftware for a Bloodborne 2, but here we are almost 10 years later with no 60fps patch and no news about a followup in any way shape or form. Not even a rerelease in the form of a remaster or a remake in a time where practically all we ever hear about are rereleases in abundance.

I think by Dark Souls 3's release, the Souls series overall went from being niche to mainstream. it's become a household name at this point and Elden Ring is Bandai Namco's fastest selling game ever.
Yes, I think it will really be a clearly felt difference for many when you compare it the way you said, getting used to 60 and then swapping to 30 afterwards.
Yes, absolutely. One of the best examples is Uc4. this is a game that Naughty Dog originally aimed at having 1080p/60fps for the campaign and failed to do so; instead they compensated by keeping the multiplayer only at 60fps whereas the campaign is half that.

as someone who has played Uc4 a lot, a lot, a lot - probably my main multiplayer game of the previous generation, I can very easily notice the difference in the experience going from single player to multiplayer. I think the resolution for the online play is also less than full HD too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"