Say NO to Quore!

Electro UK

Can't all be for nothing
Reaction score
This was mentionned in the Store update thread, but I think it needs its own thread to make it a little clearer.

Introducing Qore.

Today we are announcing that Qore: Presented by the PLAYSTATION Network, a highly interactive, monthly lifestyle gaming program covering the world inside PLAYSTATION is on its way to PS3. Qore has been developed to give PS3 users early access to game related content at a level of quality, interactivity and depth. Everything is filmed in HD. Qore will feature exclusive news, developer interviews, in-depth game previews and behind-the-scenes looks at PlayStation games and special access to game demos, special beta invitations, game add-ons and other downloadable game-related content.

Our premier episode will be available on Thursday, June 5. The premier episode includes in-depth exclusive and never-before released content on upcoming PlayStation titles such as SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Secret Agent Clank, Soul Calibur 4 and Afro Samurai, as well as the latest Blu-ray Disc trailers, an exclusive SOCOM: Confrontation theme with an invitation to the SOCOM: Confrontation beta, art galleries and other surprises. We also know that many of you are big fans of Veronica Belmont, the widely-known host of numerous online video programs and podcasts and an avid gamer, so we’ve chosen her to be your host.

To get Qore, simply log onto PSN and go to the PLAYSTATION Store, as you would purchase any other form of downloadable content. Once the single Episode or annual subscription is purchased, that month’s episode will be downloaded under the “Game” heading on the Cross Media Bar (XMB). Users who purchase the “Qore Annual Subscription” will notice only that month’s episode is available to download. The following month, the new episode will automatically appear in your download list. The introductory price for Qore is $2.99 for a single episode and $24.99 for an annual subscription of 13 episodes, using your PLAYSTATION Network wallet.

As Peter Dille mentioned in a previous PLAYSTATION Network post, the broader service and community initiatives launching on the PLAYSTATION Network this year such as Qore, PlayStation Home and the Video Download Service are all evidence of our dedication to delivering an all-encompassing entertainment experience for PS fans. Qore is the first in a series of planned original programming specifically created for the PLAYSTATION Network community and we hope you enjoy

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/...tion/#comments

So now, basically, PS3 online has lost the free element if you want to get the most out of it. :down:

We shouldn't buy this, infact no one should. Maybe if it gets too few downloads or something, they'll can the idea and we can get back to getting stuff for free.

I don't want to be missing out because I want to enjoy a free online service, this is completely sucky.

WELL HERE'S THE LINK I POSTED IN THE STORE THREAD SINCE IT REALLY BELONGS HERE!!!:o:oldrazz::D OH AND FOR THE RECORD I LIKE THE IDEA OF QORE BUT I CAN UNDERSTAND WHY SOME MAY NOT!!!;) OH AND YOU SPELLED IT WRONG IN YOUR TITLE ELECTRO IT'S SPELLED Q-O-R-E(RUNS FOR HIS LIFE)BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!:oldrazz::D:D

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/878/878525p1.html

Bollocks! Its just in the system to put a U after the Q. :(

First, I don't think you need to worry at all because it probably won't hit EU anyways.:oldrazz:

Seriously though. I have always wanted to get into beta's and this might be a good way for me and others to get in. I don't want to over react about the other stuff yet, because we have so little info on the details. They at least give you an option to pay per month. I will probably buy a month just for the Beta access.
:heart:

First, I don't think you need to worry at all because it probably won't hit EU anyways.:oldrazz:

Seriously though. I have always wanted to get into beta's and this might be a good way for me and others to get in. I don't want to over react about the other stuff yet, because we have so little info on the details. They at least give you an option to pay per month. I will probably buy a month just for the Beta access.
:heart:

THE WAY I SEE IT I'M JUST SUBSCRIBING TO A MAGAZINE, I MEAN IT'S 25 BUCKS A YEAR, THAT'S NOTHING OR 3 BUCKS A POP!!! 3 BUCKS IS CHEAPER THAN MOST INDIVIDUAL ISSUES OF A MAGAZINE AND 25 BUCKS IS ABOUT THE SAME AS A YEARLY SUBSCRIPTION!!! ON THE PLAYSTATION BLOG ONE OF THE SONY GUYS ANSWERED ONE OF THE COMMENTS AND SAID THE CONTENT OF EACH EPISODE WOULD BE SOMEWHERE BETWEEN 1 TO 2 HOURS LONG, WHICH I THINK IS PRETTY GOOD!!! FROM ALL THE STUFF I'VE READ IT SEEMS YOU GET ALLOT OF BANG FOR YOUR BUCK, I LIKE THE IDEA!!!:D:up:

^^^ I see it as another magazine subscription but thats not the issue. People are having problems with the fact that its taking things away from us, which were offered for free (mainly the demos). I think thats where most of the backlash is coming from at least from me. I dont have a problem with Qore getting exclusive video, themes, wallpapers, and content. Its the demos that bother me. Sure non-subscribers will get some, but it will be the crappy ones, while the big name ones will be placed on Qore. They'll have to do it that way in order to get people to join up

^^^ I see it as another magazine subscription but thats not the issue. People are having problems with the fact that its taking things away from us, which were offered for free (mainly the demos). I think thats where most of the backlash is coming from at least from me. I dont have a problem with Qore getting exclusive video, themes, wallpapers, and content. Its the demos that bother me. Sure non-subscribers will get some, but it will be the crappy ones, while the big name ones will be placed on Qore. They'll have to do it that way in order to get people to join up

YEAH, I KNOW WHERE YOU'RE COMING FROM, I GUESS WE'LL JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE!!! HOPEFULLY SONY WILL BALANCE CONTENT TO SUBSCRIBERS AND NON SUBSCRIBERS ALIKE!!! YOU KNOW THROW THE NON SUBSCRIBERS A BONE NOW AND THEN LOL!!!:oldrazz:;):D:up:

YEAH, I KNOW WHERE YOU'RE COMING FROM, I GUESS WE'LL JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE!!! HOPEFULLY SONY WILL BALANCE CONTENT TO SUBSCRIBERS AND NON SUBSCRIBERS ALIKE!!! YOU KNOW THROW THE NON SUBSCRIBERS A BONE NOW AND THEN LOL!!!:oldrazz:;):D:up:

I can see both sides as well.
I really hope they staighten this out soon. I hope they just have something like extended demos or something along those lines. What about combos? With an exclusive demo, there is an exclusive beta in the same month. IDK. More details are needed before I get too upset.

I can count on one hand how many demo's I download...so..I don't care. As long as I can play on line with all of my friends the demos, wallpapers, themes, ect means nill to me.

The more and more I read about this, the more I like the sound of it. 25 bucks a year? I'll buy that.

First let me tell that i was thinking exactly that, how cool it would for the consoles to have their own show, about their own games, in the likes of GameTrailers TV.
In that regard, good for them :up:

Now, what i find really stupid is to charge for it.
So Sony just thought in making a gaming program where they advertize their own games and whatnot, and you have to pay for it?
You have to pay to know what the PS3 is making....

25 bucks a year though to get into beta testing? That's awesome. I could careless about demo's but everyone wants PSN to evolve into a more "Live" like step...this seems to be a first step.

I could see Microsoft doing something like this if Live didn't cost 60 a year.

:cmad:Man they better not take my demos!

25 bucks a year though to get into beta testing? That's awesome. I could careless about demo's but everyone wants PSN to evolve into a more "Live" like step...this seems to be a first step.

If Qore becomes successful that will show Sony that people are willing to pay & Home will eventually get a subscription free & Qore is just the first step with paying for beta's

:hehe:

This David, he speaks the truth. :(

I think you guys are looking to far into this. If I have to pay 30 bucks a year for excellent content...good. It's far from breaking the bank.

Right now, Live blows PSN out of the water...if paying for service makes PSN just as good or better then Live I'm all for it. Right now that's not the case, you can still play online without this...so the only thing your missing is Beta's...which honestly, how many beta's have you guys been in? If not many then your really not missing anything.

Not if people didn't pay for this service it'd show Sony that people arn't prepared to pay for demos. I'm all for the rest of it, but losing demos as soon as possible really gets to me.

Again, the demo thing doesn't bother me. I won't download them regardless.

I think you guys are looking to far into this. If I have to pay 30 bucks a year for excellent content...good. It's far from breaking the bank.

Right now, Live blows PSN out of the water...if paying for service makes PSN just as good or better then Live I'm all for it. Right now that's not the case, you can still play online without this...so the only thing your missing is Beta's...which honestly, how many beta's have you guys been in? If not many then your really not missing anything.

I AGREE AND I THINK SOME ARE OVER REACTING TO THE WHOLE DEMO THING, I'M NOT JUDGING ANYONE, I'M JUST STATING WHAT I'M SEEING!!!:oldrazz::D THE DEMOS ARE NOT GONNA ALL OF A SUDDEN DISAPPEAR FROM THE PSN BECAUSE OF QORE, THERE WILL STILL BE DEMOS AND ALL OF THE STUFF WE ARE USED TO GETTING!!! THE STUFF IN QORE IS JUST WHAT YOU MITE GET IN A GAMING MAGAZINE ON A DVD OF GAME DEMOS AND OTHER STUFF WHICH USUALLY ACCOMPANY THEM, AT LEAST THAT'S THE WAY I SEE IT!!!:D:up:

I think he's afraid of a situation like on XBL with the Silver/Gold memberships happening with demos.

Either way, I'm all for it.. I can't stand Sony's store layout and it'd be nice to get it all packaged in one nice multimedia deal. I can look forward to new content guaranteed, instead of hoping for something.

The only drawback is, with XBL I can find deals on subscriptions and cards.. with PSN, nothing yet. Maybe once the cards hit stores..

I could see Microsoft doing something like this if Live didn't cost 60 a year.
I see Microsoft making something like this sooner or later, but free, not only because the concept of paying Sony so they can market stuff is just stupid, but because you already pay for Live.

But that´s my opinion, all in all, it´s a great idea, but stupid because you have to pay for it.

I'm on the fence, in all honesty I don't visit the PS Store too often anymore. Anymore I just DL the demo's I really want to play. For awhile I was dl'ing demos like crazy, but now it has to be of a game I'm thinking about giving a go to dl it. So this won't affect me too much, just as long as I can still dl games like I've been doing without an xtra fee (such as MKII I recently bought, and Castelvania, Pixeljunk monsters and so on).

However I will keep $3 in my PS wallet (how much I have left in there now). Since Qore has a monthly deal for about $2.99, I'll purchase a month of it if I see something I really care about.

Of course it has the downside of adding a subscription fee to a previously free thing, but even then that's just a premium deal. The free PSN still will have the upcoming trophies and in game XMB, plus the usual demos, downloadable PS1 games and PSN originals, and trailers. However this could them testing the waters to see if ppl will buy into a subscription deal which would be bad IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"