Sequels Sony to do more Maguire and Garfield solo films?

Even if SM4 were to come to fruition this decade it would have to be something entirely different than what it was originally going to be. That could be a good thing because while Raimi wasn't able to crack it with that specific version 11 years ago, maybe with the way things have changed they'd be able to come at it with a worthy new idea and renewed passion. I honestly wouldn't care to see the Malkovich Vulture and Vultress stuff. We've got Vulture on the big screen now with Keaton and he was great. I'm not saying make a gritty R-rated Logan, but maybe that idea of a Spidey who's been at it long and the baggage that still comes with it in the trademark Raimi approach.

While its not like we know what spiderman 4 was going to be like back in the day in the first place. So its not like we would know what changes it has if we got some kind of spiderman 4. Yeah I know we had some rumors and saw some story boards or something about like the villains and a few other things but we dont know like all the details on what was going to happen or not happen.

I actually think Spider-man 3 could open more interesting doors for Sony than a Spider-man 4. according to Daniel RPK who so far looks to be correct about alot of things. he said Sony are looking into multiverse movies including Spider-man 2099.

2099 would be interesting. I am not expecting to get like a spiderman 4 or amazing spiderman 3 or any thing while mcu spiderman is going on. Like has that kind of thing ever happened with movies? I mean like 1 movie series going on while a different series is going on with the same time main characters?

While its not like we know what spiderman 4 was going to be like back in the day in the first place. So its not like we would know what changes it has if we got some kind of spiderman 4. Yeah I know we had some rumors and saw some story boards or something about like the villains and a few other things but we dont know like all the details on what was going to happen or not happen.

2099 would be interesting. I am not expecting to get like a spiderman 4 or amazing spiderman 3 or any thing while mcu spiderman is going on. Like has that kind of thing ever happened with movies? I mean like 1 movie series going on while a different series is going on with the same time main characters?
A lot of the info we did have back then was weird stuff like Peter splitting with MJ and Peter having an affair with Felicia and Peter accidentally killing the Vulture (who takes over the Daily Bugle) and Felicia takes up the Vulture mantle and generally sounding pretty depressing.

It's pretty much already happening with Batman. Keaton, Affleck in the same movie, and Pattinson in another movie, and who knows if Affleck, Keaton, or other past actors will be doing more projects. Keaton is rumored for more and Affleck is already back doing more Justice League stuff.

A lot of the info we did have back then was weird stuff like Peter splitting with MJ and Peter having an affair with Felicia and Peter accidentally killing the Vulture (who takes over the Daily Bugle) and Felicia takes up the Vulture mantle and generally sounding pretty depressing.

It's pretty much already happening with Batman. Keaton, Affleck in the same movie, and Pattinson in another movie, and who knows if Affleck, Keaton, or other past actors will be doing more projects. Keaton is rumored for more and Affleck is already back doing more Justice League stuff.

I remember hearing about that stuff but I have a felling some of that stuff was not true.

I can't remember where I saw this as this was several years ago but I feel like I read somewhere that Felicia becoming the Vultress was debunked and that she actually was going to be the Black Cat.

I could believe that SM4 story. it sounds about right with the last 3 movies. along with MJ breaking up with peter because he embarrassed her in front of her dad. the last 3 films didn't do a great job of understanding that MJ wasn't a very nice person with how she treated people. so i ain't sure id expect her to be written any differently this time.

Last edited:
A hypothetical Amazing Spider-Man 3 starring Andrew, what would you think about it?
Where would it go in terms of story? Should ASM-verse's MJ enter the plot?

Would that universe's Green Goblin be a good villain?

I'll pass on a TASM 3, but gladly take a Spider-Gwen movie with Emma Stone (set in a completely separate reality).

I do think though that Spider-Man 4 with Tobey Maguire & Kirsten Dunst, with Raimi returning, has some real potential. Give the two actors the chance to end on a high note.

Spider-Man: The Last Hunt, adapting Kraven's Last Hunt w/ Lizard appearing as well.

Or, if Sony is intent on making Kraven a solo franchise, then maybe go ahead with Hobgoblin or some such.

I'll pass on a TASM 3, but gladly take a Spider-Gwen movie with Emma Stone (set in a completely separate reality).

I do think though that Spider-Man 4 with Tobey Maguire & Kirsten Dunst, with Raimi returning, has some real potential. Give the two actors the chance to end on a high note.

Spider-Man: The Last Hunt, adapting Kraven's Last Hunt w/ Lizard appearing as well.

Or, if Sony is intent on making Kraven a solo franchise, then maybe go ahead with Hobgoblin or some such.
Raimi's Spider-Man 4 is definately the bigger draw.
But IF a third ASM is made, I wouldn't pass on it. It would be too amazing (no pun) to ignore.
Would you really pass on the film if it's coming to a cinema near you?

I would. TASM was not a good franchise reboot--I didn't see TASM 2 in theaters. I didn't see Venom in theaters. I certainly won't be seeing Morbius anytime soon.

Just because Sony is making a movie doesn't mean it would be amazing. They've shown us the opposite too many times.

I feel like if Sony ahd a choice between going backwards or going for for a new franchise... they would probably go for a new franchise. sure they could pay Toby or Andrew heaps to do TASM3/spider-man 4. or they could start a new franchise like 2099, cheaper actor, more interesting directions to go in for future usage.

I feel like if Sony ahd a choice between going backwards or going for for a new franchise... they would probably go for a new franchise. sure they could pay Toby or Andrew heaps to do TASM3/spider-man 4. or they could start a new franchise like 2099, cheaper actor, more interesting directions to go in for future usage.

I could see them doing all the above. And why not.

Tobey & Kirsten could be the parents in a Mayday Apple TV series (just saying). Or they could star in SM4. I think the options are there for multiple avenues--we just need to see how ambitious Sony is.

To be very frank, I much prefer multiple Spider-Man films over Morbius, Kraven, Madame Webb, Black/Silver, etc. I forget who else was rumored for their Spider-verse of films. Spy Aunt May??

I would. TASM was not a good franchise reboot--I didn't see TASM 2 in theaters. I didn't see Venom in theaters. I certainly won't be seeing Morbius anytime soon.

Just because Sony is making a movie doesn't mean it would be amazing. They've shown us the opposite too many times.
What then if ASM3 is a success, has good reviews from critics and a lot of people here at SHH claim it's good. Would you still avoid it?

Lol no; I wouldn’t avoid a good movie.

Garfield had a lot of potential as Spider-man, but was hampered by the creative decisions in the first film then too much world building and attempts at course correction in the second film that didn't land. I hope that when he returns they at least stop him from making all those weird hand gestures whenever he talks.

Honestly they should have just started the ASM films with him as Spidey already in college. When it was announced it was 'gritty high school reboot' but when Andrew was cast he just woulda been perfect as a college Peter.Instead they pretty much covered the same ground as before which I think right from the start kneecapped the rebooted franchise both in terms of what it could be and in the eyes of moviegoers cause people were saying "been there done that."

If there will ever be a another ASM film, they have to call Shailene Woodley and ask her to come back.
It's important
She's that world's MJ.
In a hypothetical ASM 3, she will finally play the character and not get cut from the film.

What do you think?

If there will ever be a another ASM film, they have to call Shailene Woodley and ask her to come back.
It's important
She's that world's MJ.
In a hypothetical ASM 3, she will finally play the character and not get cut from the film.

What do you think?

I agree; I would have liked to see her as MJ. At the end of the day, they might as well have kept her in TASM 2. Seemingly everything else was

I agree; I would have liked to see her as MJ. At the end of the day, they might as well have kept her in TASM 2. Seemingly everything else was
If she disagrees to return, they should exclude MJ from the ASM3 script.
No recasts!!!!!

If she disagrees to return, they should exclude MJ from the ASM3 script.
No recasts!!!!!
Why would it matter? She was never MJ in the final product. We have no idea if she was even good in the role or not. Most people probably have no idea she was even supposed to be in the movie.

While I'm interested to see footage of her MJ scenes I don't have a great deal of interest in whether she reprised her tole or not. The ASM films screwed the pooch on so many things that it would take a lot of convincing just to get interested in the idea of another film.

If they were going to do another ASM movie with MJ (which is a big if), my fancast at the moment is Jessica Rothe. The understated version they were going for with Shailene would just feel like a lesser repeat of Michelle, but they also wouldn't want Mary Jane to be too stereotypical given the general tone of the Amazing films. Jessica would be lively while also bringing some earthiness to it.

Why would it matter? She was never MJ in the final product. We have no idea if she was even good in the role or not. Most people probably have no idea she was even supposed to be in the movie.
It matter to me.

I think Woodley can enrichen the ASM universe

I'm surprised there are people against them returning for more films. Do you have any idea the concepts this opens?

We could get villains and crossovers we'll prolly never see with Spidey in the MCU. Imagine a future where every other year isn't a different Spidey film. Maybe I'm just obsessed with the character and will blindly throw money at anything involving him.

But the prospect of a Tobey's SM4 exploring the world of a beat down and older Peter.

Andrews SM3 exploring the world of a much more serious and gloomy Peter after Gwen's death, maybe one that got and kept the symbiote.

That excites me and if any of Sony's crackpot spinoffs ideas. I'd rather them than Morbius, Silver Sable or Black Cat.

It's not as being as much being against it as it is being rational about it ever materializing.

The fact that Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield are going to be in SM3 is astonishing enough, but I don't see it going further than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"