Sequels Sony to do more Maguire and Garfield solo films?

It's not as being as much being against it as it is being rational about it ever materializing.

The fact that Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield are going to be in SM3 is astonishing enough, but I don't see it going further than that.
Yeah, but we practically memed this movie into existence. Why not try to push the luck. Lol

I think the other issue is that Tobey and Andrew are essentially a derivative of the "main 616" Spider-Man, which Tom Holland is currently occupying that spot. I think you'd have a better chance of seeing 2099, Miles Morales, Spider-Girl or Spider-Gwen get a movie before seeing an ASM3 or SM4

Yeah i think Sony would feel its more beneficial to start a new franchise then going back to a previous.

Yeah i think Sony would feel its more beneficial to start a new franchise then going back to a previous.
Not if they sense a lot of money can be made from going back to Raimiverse, bc of all fans out there.
It's the most popular version of the character so far

Not if they sense a lot of money can be made from going back to Raimiverse, bc of all fans out there.
It's the most popular version of the character so far

It would be more beneficial to create a new franchise thats popular. that they can contract for multiple movies and won't cost them around 20 million to get just one actor back.

So if they had a choice between starting a new franchise. lets say 2099. cast a new actor for 3 films, contracted at a fair pay-cheque. then that would probably be far more attractive then going back to do a SM4 with an actor who will want alot to come back and even more for ongoing movies, leaving Sony with less interest to get him back as time goes on.

I... really don't think we need a Spider-Man 4. The trilogy had a nice, consistent theme and, with SM3, accomplished all of the themes and plot points it had set out to accomplish. I say this as someone who attributes much of my love for storytelling and writing to the original trilogy btw.

But yeah, I don't see Sony bringing back either of these franchises anyway.

It would be more beneficial to create a new franchise thats popular
They won't start a new franchise while Holland still is in the game.
Exploring past versions with one movie for each of them wouldn't lead to new franchises.
Yes, those projects will be expensive but could also be cash cows in terms of blockbuster status.

They won't start a new franchise while Holland still is in the game.
Exploring past versions with one movie for each of them wouldn't lead to new franchises.
Yes, those projects will be expensive but could also be cash cows in terms of blockbuster status.

Course they could start a new franchise. aslong as its different from Hollands. which is why i said 2099 because its a future world, very different spider-man, and doesn't get in the way of Holland as Peter parker. infact it means potential crossover too.

I think SM3 is a testing waters ground. With this and Spider-Verse and Venom all coming out together. They wanna see exactly WHAT grabs the publics attention in regards to Spider-Man at this point.

If Andrew and Tobeys return gets a good response and there's a demand for their return like there already was even after Tom got casted and appeared in his solo film. I know people who hate Tom's iteration and would pay good money to see anyone else. That's why Spider-Verse was such a hit.

I think SM3 is a testing waters ground. With this and Spider-Verse and Venom all coming out together. They wanna see exactly WHAT grabs the publics attention in regards to Spider-Man at this point.

If Andrew and Tobeys return gets a good response and there's a demand for their return like there already was even after Tom got casted and appeared in his solo film. I know people who hate Tom's iteration and would pay good money to see anyone else. That's why Spider-Verse was such a hit.
A new franchise is untested grounds. Maguire and Andrew aren't, really.
If previous PP's get enough attention and ends up talked about in a positive manner, more films in those universes could happen.

With Raimi now directing Doctor Strange MOM and if it's successful, a S-M 4 becomes more likely to happen than ever before.

I think the other issue is that Tobey and Andrew are essentially a derivative of the "main 616" Spider-Man, which Tom Holland is currently occupying that spot. I think you'd have a better chance of seeing 2099, Miles Morales, Spider-Girl or Spider-Gwen get a movie before seeing an ASM3 or SM4
I think each franchise can follow different things honestly.

ASM - peter grieving gwen death, black suit properly, intro to mary jane, peter being a teacher and the beginnings of the relationship to MJ, could connect to venom/morbius and make it more PG-13 adult style

SM4 - peter and mary jane are married together with a house and possibly son/daughter, dealing with aunt may passing away, etc

Holland - mcu connections, peter needing other heroes in his movies, more mcu connections and more avengers movies and more mcu apperances, all high school stuff, very kiddy and no emotional stakes, all fluff

Each franchise would be different and feel different. Gives spidey fans to enjoy all aspects or watch what they want. Im one of those fans who gave up on holland spidey and wasnt planning on watching spidey 3 in theatres (first spidey movie I wouldnt watch in theatres). Barely watched far from home (weeks later in theatres and last second before it was gone) which is rare since I am day one normally.

Eh, I don't think it's that feasible. Maybe you can have Tobey Maguire also feature in Multiverse Of Madness because Sam Raimi is directing, but other than that, I think SM3 will most likely be their swan song.

Well really for Toby and Andrew to appear in Multiverse of Madness Marvel would have to of worked that out in their deal with Sony since i ain't sure Marvel could do it without Sony allowing it. Which makes me wonder what was part of the last deal. I suspect Sony and Marvel really pushed to get more from each other for those 2 agreed too movies.

I'm thinking TASM3 may happen. But SM4 is just unlikely.

Tobey will want too much. He's over the character and if anything would much rather move on. He'll I'd argue he enjoyed playing Peter more than playing Spidey.

Andrew however loves the character and the role. You can tell he had fun as Spidey. And would likely be more than happy to cap off his trilogy.

Toby would come back, mostly for the paycheque though. but you know his paycheque will continue to go up by each movie. aswell as backpay from the box office. which i don't think is very attractive for studios when your star may make more then you do.

From what i hear he made 15 million back in 2007, aswell as some box office profit.

I don't think a SM4 will be on Sonys radar though personally.

Toby would come back, mostly for the paycheque though. but you know his paycheque will continue to go up by each movie. aswell as backpay from the box office. which i don't think is very attractive for studios when your star may make more then you do.

From what i hear he made 15 million back in 2007, aswell as some box office profit.

I don't think a SM4 will be on Sonys radar though personally.

This. The appearance in HollandMan3 is a gratitude from Marvel at best due to helping get the character off the ground.

Andrew actually loves the character and probably would be happy to accept any pay rate to return to the role. And let's be honest, his Spidey had more sequel potential anyways. Raimi literally murdered the biggest three Spider Man villains in history.

The ASM films were a car crash though and Sony's sequel plans were leaked and roundly ridiculed by anyone who read them. Raimi may have killed off the villains he used, but he didn't ruin their characters.

I don’t see ASM3 being profitable honestly, and I say that as someone who loves Andrew as Spidey. Maybe if they focus on the quality of the story more so than building out a universe... but this is Sony, so I wouldn’t hold my breath.

I would kill for ASM 3 but Id want the crew back (webb, garfield, field, zimmer, etc). Same as if SM4 happened (needs to tobey, maguire, elfman, dunst).

For garfield they could easily put him into the venom movies and morbius movies to build up that universe. Then do TASM 3.

I suspect Sony will want Venom in the Holland spider-man series of films

I suspect it's extended cameos for the two of them in this movie, and that's it. I'd love to be proven wrong.

Even after all these years,I'd still love to see a Spider-man 4. But even if this upcoming film is successful,I'm not sure if we'd ever get one...sadly. But,I'll take anything from an animated movie to a PS5 game or even just a comic book.

I suspect it's extended cameos for the two of them in this movie, and that's it. I'd love to be proven wrong.
Regardless, I hope both of their Spider-Men are treated right and have satisfying scenes and interactions with Tom Holland's Spider-Man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"