Space Jam: A New Legacy

Wow they even put in Mama Fratelli from the Goonies.

There's one aspect this film is much more realistic than its predecessor.

Where they live.

LeBron's house

LeBro House.png

Michael's house

spacejam17.jpg

Yeah that did seem kinda modest for him

Is this going to be another situation like in the first Space Jam in which aliens steal the basketball talents of NBA players? Except this time including two of the top WNBA players?

I do hope Anne Ramsey's family get some kind of residuals for that.

I'm sure they won't.

Yeah it’s too far away to say they used her likeness.

I think they tweaked all of those CG models in the background even when zoomed in specifically so they wouldn't have to pay residuals to Jim Carrey, Jack Nicholson, Michelle Pfeiffer, etc.

Is that true? I don't know how it works legally, but I didn't think you could just use an actor's likeness without the permission of their estate?

When the issue involves a deceased celebrity, it comes down to what’s called postmortem publicity rights, in which the for-profit use of a celebrity’s name, likeness, image, and so on are decided by his or her heirs.

'Rogue One': Peter Cushing Digital Resurrection Could Change Industry - Variety

I think they tweaked all of those CG models in the background even when zoomed in specifically so they wouldn't have to pay residuals to Jim Carrey, Jack Nicholson, Michelle Pfeiffer, etc.

Ah, that's a good workaround. Tweak the face enough to say it doesn't look like them.

tbh none of these actors in he background look like the originals. Even the Nightking looks like cosplay

You see how they got around using nicholson's likeness in ready player one by not even showing it.

Oh right. For some reason I thought you meant his version of Joker was in it.

Who wants to bet (not really) that there'll be a

Rick and Morty cameo?

I think the original is a fun film for what it is. Yes, very silly but it has a certain charm for me. Not sure about a sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"