Space Jam: A New Legacy

I feel like I'm at the end of a Lars Von Trier film.

I watched the original today out of boredom. It's a fine kids movie, not the best. Probably a mistake watching it because now I have even less interest in watching this one. It just feels so off and weird.

I wish the Looney Tunes were allowed to be in better movies. They're great characters and the idea of them interacting with the real world is fine enough of a concept. Back in Action is fine, but I wish that wasn't the bar.

iu

I’m a King Kong fan, so I’m there day 1. I also went to see Ready player 1 based on King Kong in the trailer.

This movie is critic-proof for me simply because I have HBO Max and I can watch this dumpster fire for free. Thoughts and prayers for those who are paying to see this.

At 50% with only 8 reviews on Rotten Tomatoes so far. I don't think reviews will be too kind here

Yeah, it's probably terrible. But to be fair, I think the original got pretty horendous reviews as well for the most part.

Unless you were Chicago Bulls fans, I'm looking at you Siskel & Ebert!

Just listened to an interview with the director Malcolm D. Lee and it basically sounded like they needed a director quick and he had about 4 days prep and he wasn't that interested until his family was like, "do it". It didn't sound like he was that enthused about any of the references or the first Space Jam (which he said he didn't see until he took on the movie).

I'd be very curious to know what Terence Nance's version was before he left because, "the studio/producers had different takes on the creative vision for Space Jam 2". Sounds already more interesting from that quote than what we're getting.

Just listened to an interview with the director Malcolm D. Lee and it basically sounded like they needed a director quick and he had about 4 days prep and he wasn't that interested until his family was like, "do it". It didn't sound like he was that enthused about any of the references or the first Space Jam (which he said he didn't see until he took on the movie).

I'd be very curious to know what Terence Nance's version was before he left because, "the studio/producers had different takes on the creative vision for Space Jam 2". Sounds already more interesting from that quote than what we're getting.
I'm not so sure any version of this would have been that good, but watching any trailer or clip for this, especially that godawful Porky rap scene, and it's perfectly clear that the studio had input on every aspect of this. They didn't want a director, they wanted a puppet. But honestly, were we expecting anything better? It's Space Jam.

Well that’s always a good sign when the director says he didn’t even want to do the movie just 2 days before the movie comes out

The director took the job only because his family begged him to? What a confidence booster! Wonder how this can possibly be getting poor reviews lol

Still might try and catch this in theaters on cheap Tuesday or something but if not I'll just sign up for the HBO Max free trial at some point. I don't think I'm in much of a rush to see this :funny:

I have HBO Max, so I will watch this for free

Still might try and catch this in theaters on cheap Tuesday or something but if not I'll just sign up for the HBO Max free trial at some point. I don't think I'm in much of a rush to see this :funny:
It's horrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"