Space Jam: A New Legacy

This film was garbage and a poor adaptation of the Looney Tunes, this was basically a big old ad for HBO Max and Warner Media properties . Shameless and don't get me started on the Michael Jordan joke.... so not funny.

Wtf have they done to Bugs Bunny, my favorite Looney Tune.?!

I'll gladly rewatched The original and imo the only Space Jam
7bbec4254d82a84d4b581012c3336515.jpeg

Not sure why people are treating the first one like it was some masterpiece lol

At least it was entertaining and Michael actually worked well with Bugs bunny as a co-star with the rest of the toons And when they played Basketball ball it was actually freaking b-ball not that over the top mess they hyped up in this film.

Last edited:
I find it weird how people can't tell the difference between removing a problematic cartoon and an adult show that a kid would have no understanding or care for it's references.

On top of that, I think it's proves WB has a better grasp of how nostalgia works than the viewers that constantly bring it up when discussing these movies. What they did with the references won't be important until 20 years from now when the kids that watch it now are adults.

Lol o you find it weird huh. Stop the cap. They put those characters in the movie like kids knew them. Also a clock work orange? But the skunk is problematic right? Man go somewhere with that bs. They even had a Rick and morty cameo lol. That’s a problematic cartoon aswell. Lol. What I’m saying is instead of crying how bad he is they could have reworked his whole personality. But they made a huge deal about him not being in the film cause of his history being to touchy.

but hey let’s have the giant cartoon chicken dress up like the chick who killed an entire innocent city lol. It’s just funny to me. I find it weird that you don’t think it’s weird lol

But it didn’t really bother me. I never liked him anyway I just want to know why they made a huge deal about taking him out when they included worse characters .

o and also if the kids wouldn’t understand it then they wouldn’t have gone out there way of making so many references…… like what?

It's probably just easier to get rid of the character rather than trying to rework him. His cartoons sucked anyway lol.

Shout out to Steven Yeun for getting that WB check for 1 minute of screen time.
Yeah, I didn't understand that. Was he a big fan of the original or something? It reminded me of seeing Donald Glover and John Krasinski show up for blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameos in The Muppets, but celebrity cameos were more common in that so it wasn't as random as Yeun showing up here.

I just got the impression that this must be one of the longest WB's commercials ever.

Didn't even bother to finish it.

Also, I can't remember who said this but I got the Jumanji 2 vibe too.

Some of y’all are taking this movie way too seriously lol. It wasn’t like the original Space Jam was a great piece of cinema or anything. Harmless fun.

Some of y’all are taking this movie way too seriously lol. It wasn’t like the original Space Jam was a great piece of cinema or anything. Harmless fun.
Yea, I don't understand the total disconnect on this one. Like, when did everyone forget that at the end of the day, 30 year old white dudes are at best the peripheral audience for this? I say that as one, and as a massive fan of the original, and even though I was thoroughly exhausted by the end of this, I still enjoyed it for what it was and had a couple genuine laughs.

That said, if you were to tell me this was AT&T's way of making some upfront money on an IP showreel to hypothetical buyers, I would 100% believe you. I don't know if it was linked in this thread, but WB has apparently been using AI as part of their greenlight decision-making.

“I believe I can fly” was the perfect song for it too. Shame it’s ruined because of the artist.

Pytka says this new BB has no connection to previous depictions -- something they paid close attention to with the OG "Space Jam." In short, he says the new version "looked like one of those fluffy dolls you buy at an airport gift shop to bring your kid when your business trip has taken too long."

Kinda funny considering the first Space Jam was criticized for getting the Looney Tunes wrong as well.

The best movie the Looney Tunes will ever be in will always be Who Framed Roger Rabbit and they’re barely even in that.

Somehow, I think Pytka's talking more about charisma than acting talent.
And Mike just had this larger than life presence to me. Growing up then and loving basketball he came off like the human form of a god to some of us.

I agree with what other posters have said. This film feels like a long commercial for WB's IPs.

I wasn't expecting a masterpiece but I was at least expecting to be entertained. The film just dragged on. I would be surprised if most kids managed to stay engaged throughout the films entire running time.

Steven Yuen showed up to secure the bag. WB will probably throw him some more juicy roles down the road.

Last edited:
“I believe I can fly” was the perfect song for it too. Shame it’s ruined because of the artist.

I had forgotten that R Kelly did the song. For some reason I was thinking of Seal. Probably mixed it up with Kiss from a Rose

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"