Spawn The Animated Series - HBO

Ass Assassin said:
Sad but true, though the comic is slowly but surely picking itself up out of the abyss with the latest storyline.

What's the latest storyline? I haven't read Spawn in years.

After a slight metamorphis in his costume Spawn discovers he harbors other dead souls within him and has the ability to physically manifest them. He also must somehow stop Armageddon which is starting to destroy the world.

I liked the series alot. i never read the comics but when i first saw it advertised on HBO i was very curious & skeptical on what this show was about. when ever i was started watching it , i was blown away. first i was shocked by all the profanity , gore & nudity. but what really got me was the unique story telling & the dialgue in the show.

the best moments for me was the interaction between spawn & coliostro. the guy who voice coliostro was the narator for the whole series. this was one of the best thought out well written dialog ive heard in a show. every sentence the guy who voiced coliostro spoke, was a piece of antient liturature,

that caltiplated me from start to finish. i think this is what truly made spawn shine. was the well written thaught out deep dialog, that had meaning to it. i can't wait till this new spawn animation dvd is coming out. from the looks of the trailer. it seems to me that its going to blow out the first thee season's out the water.

oh & i forgot to mention that keith david, the guy who voiced spawn was spectacular. nobody i mean nobody could bring spawn to life like keith david.
did.

//EDIT//

nevermind

I remember loving the first season of Spawn, but disliking how it just went in a totally opposite directions in later seasons. I thought the first season though was perfect for people who enjoyed the earliest issues of the comic.

10 years ago, I was addicted to Spawn. These days, I have no interest to look at it at all. The characters McFarlane created didn't have the longevity of the characters of Marvel/DC that IMAGE wanted to rebel against.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"