• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Spawn TAS 20th anniversary

Hordakfan

Civilian
Reaction score
Can you believe it's been 20 years since one of the best animated shows ever hit the TV screens on HBO.

Being a fan of adult animation for 24 years since i saw Heavy Metal, Hey Good Looking, American Pop and Vampire Hunter D on Cinemax plus Aeon Flux on MTV and more and a fan of the comic for 25 years, i was 15 when it was announced the year before the show premiered and was excited for an HBO animated show. I saw it when it premiered on HBO and dug it as it's been one of my fave shows.

Nice animation in seasons 2 and 3 by Madhouse and this show is like CSI, Hellraiser, The Crow, Batman TAS, Gargoyles, Devilman and Ninja Scroll all rolled into one. Great casting even Keith David with Richard Dystart whom were in The Thing 15 years before and all that.

IMHO, the show lost steam after the first season. I thought the first season was badass, but from season 2 on it essentially dropped all the established plots and just started spinning its wheels.

I feel like if the movie could've been more like the animated series, it would've been really successful. Something more like The Crow than the cheesy PG-13 special effects B-movie it turned out to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"