The Amazing Spider-Man Spider-Man 4 in 3D?

SpeterMan3

SpeterTV on YT
Reaction score
Forbesto Sony Pictures Entertainment's co-chairmen Amy Pascal and Michael Lynton and asked whether they were considering doing Spider-Man 4

Pascal answered, "Could be," while Lynton added, "People are paying a premium to see movies in 3-D and that's a very big deal. It's never been done before that someone says you have to pay more to see Spider-Man than a romantic comedy."

2-D or 3-D, we'll be seeing Sam Raimi's fourth installment on May 6, 2011
http://www.superherohype.com/news/spider-mannews.php?id=8269
http://www.forbes.com/2009/04/21/sony-pascal-lynton-business-media-sony.html

Would you guys be interested in seeing Spider-Man 4 in 3D? Would it be a good move or add to possible cheesiness? Discuss...

Last edited:
Hmmm, well, honestly, I'm fine with it either way. I think it could work.

If it was done in a fashion similar to Superman Returns, where selected scenes were highlighted, it might make some action sequences a bit more spectacular :-)spidey:), but it's not something, I'd get particular excited over.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into the comments, but I doubt beyond all hell that I'd be willing to pay a premium for it.

Sweet, maybe my dream of seeing a first-person swing sequence in a future film will come true (even earlier than I expected)!

This movie isn't going to get the kind of numbers they want if it's run in 3D.

No. I don't want it myself. I think it's too gimmicky.

I'm not quite sure what to think about it...
the statements sound vague..

I selected yes but that would only be if they used the highest quality 3-D effects possible.

In this day and age I still happen to see some films that fail at the 3-D aspect. Journey to the Center of the Earth's 3-D was half assed, should be no excuse with today's technology.

I don't like the sound of this. It really doesn't appeal to me. I think they're exploring the idea since James Cameron's "Avatar" will be in 3-D.

i'm not to fond of this idea.
idk, imo, 3-D movies are corny, its like they try to make each shot have something popping out, and it just looks stupid. i can see it now, a scene showing spidey shooting web balls coming at us, another scene were he's swinging coming towards the audience, i just think its not a great idea. like i said, 3-D movies are corny, and comic book movies are corny enough.

Worry about the STORY, not this type of ****. Plus, Sony shouldn't make those decisions. If Sam wants to, he will. Don't push him to do something he does not want to do. Again, Sony, LET SAM AND THE TEAM DO THEIR WORK, STAY OUT OF IT!

STORY FIRST!

Yes...3D would be awesome!!

And I don't know what everyone is talking about. 3D doesn't necessarily mean random hands sticking out to the audience for no reason but the 3D effect alone. 3D is there to enhance a person's movie experience and for it to work well it needs a good director. If the director is good he/she will know how to incorporate the 3D properly into the film....if not you will get crappy 3D movies (which have been most of the 3D movies people have been getting lately, unfortunately.)

Some movies do good job at it though. The IMAX original 3D movies are always amazing to watch :up:.

Since this is a double post I might as well:

watch spectacular spider-man people, I don't want the show to get canceled!!!....okay, now ignore the rest of this post.

Yes...3D would be awesome!!

And I don't know what everyone is talking about. 3D doesn't necessarily mean random hands sticking out to the audience for no reason but the 3D effect alone. 3D is there to enhance a person's movie experience and for it to work well it needs a good director. If the director is good he/she will know how to incorporate the 3D properly into the film....if not you will get crappy 3D movies (which have been most of the 3D movies people have been getting lately, unfortunately.)

Some movies do good job at it though. The IMAX original 3D movies are always amazing to watch :up:.

No it isn't. It's there to boost ticket prices and lower piracy risks.

pulh4.jpg

Since this is a double post I might as well:

watch spectacular spider-man people, I don't want the show to get canceled!!!....okay, now ignore the rest of this post.
:applaud:up::applaud:up:
Great use of a douple post.

IMO, I think 3-D really would be somrthing special to see, but I don't know.

I vote 'No'. Wait until Cameron does it, and then see if it's actually all that it's hyped up to be. I've seen most of the 3-D movies, and judging solely on the technology, I think it's a distracting gimmick at best.

The whole depth perspective is only true to a point. Yes, objects pop out at you, but it's a very limited execution. There's basically background objects which are flat, and then the foreground objects which pop out. There's only 2 levels of depth. That's like only having the primary colors in a movie. Hardly an improvement over B&W.

It's the equivalent of those pop-up story books you read as a kid. Doesn't come anywhere close to depicting true perspective that immerses you into the scene. It's just distracting. :down

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"