The Amazing Spider-Man Dylan Baker returning for Spider-Man 4

well if Lizard is the only villain how would it play out??......

i don't know if there gonna use the whole turning civilians into lizards storyline which i think is just dumb only b/c it takes away from the battle between Spider-Man and Lizard. i just hope they get it right this time around.

[A];17656317 said:
Here's one thing that would rrrreally bother me: Lizard's attitude being related -in any way- to that alien-crap sample Peter Parker gave him to study/analyze. Oh noes -- they better not :argh:

I wouldn't want the Lizard's personality to come from/the formula to consist of samples of the symbiote.

But, I wouldn't mind if Doc Conners got a breakthrough in his experiments by studying how the symbiote works at a molecular level in the bonding process.
It would make it an easier leap to believe that someone who just happened to be close to PP, and was working as a college prefessor, suddenly had a massive breakthrough in biology.
And as he says himself in the film, 'I'm a physicist(sic?), not a biologist.' To be honest I don't know why they didn't make him a biologist in the movies.

..but then again, it would be a villain-that's-not-so-villainous. Again.

[A];17657329 said:
..but then again, it would be a villain-that's-not-so-villainous. Again.

true that's why i suggested to have a villain of pure evil. i know nobody wants more than one villain but 3 was too much i think 2 could work. i don't agree with Kraven but he would fit perfect making Lizard big game for him to hunt. i honestly would like to see Electro as the real evil villain should they make Lizard villain/hero.

Coming in to this forum just to say...

Its been heavily un-officially confirmed that Lizard will be the sole villian for this film.

For that, i really hope Dylan Baker sticks on and gets the chance to truly do the job that i think he can. its almost like Molina in SM2, a great actor who is always under the radar, which i think is the same condition for Baker. He isn't an unknown by the slightest, but a very great under the radar actor. I think for what it takes to play Connors after he makes the change, Dylan can pull it off.

One key thing now is casting Connors wife and kid.

Its been heavily un-officially confirmed that Lizard will be the sole villian for this film.

For that, i really hope Dylan Baker sticks on and gets the chance to truly do the job that i think he can. its almost like Molina in SM2, a great actor who is always under the radar, which i think is the same condition for Baker. He isn't an unknown by the slightest, but a very great under the radar actor. I think for what it takes to play Connors after he makes the change, Dylan can pull it off.

One key thing now is casting Connors wife and kid.

didn't think about that...the wife and kid? hmmm...i wonder if they will do a flashback of Dr. Connors fighting the good fight and losing his arm in battle. that would be cool to see.

If Lizard ain't in it, I'm officially bummed and will not be really hyped about this. Lizard is my favorite villain and I have waited and hoped to see him since the credits of SM1. After SM3 (which I didn't hate for the record), the only reason to get excited about a fourth is to finally see Lizard. After Conners being cast, appearing or mentioned in all three previous films, I've lost my patience. Bring on scaly or like Morg, I'm already done with the movie.

Sad.

ya, but, will there even be any acting to do as the lizard?

part of me always hoped we wouldn't get the talking lizard...
(the idea of it seems kinda corny)

but, on the other hand you bring up a good point about Dylan acting in the role, it would be kind of a waste of his talent to not have him playing, the lizard, part of the character, as well

I guess, never really thought of it that way

ya, but, will there even be any acting to do as the lizard?

part of me always hoped we wouldn't get the talking lizard...
(the idea of it seems kinda corny)

but, on the other hand you bring up a good point about Dylan acting in the role, it would be kind of a waste of his talent to not have him playing, the lizard, part of the character, as well

I guess, never really thought of it that way

the fact sandman and venom didn't talking during their full transformation annoyed the hell out of me, I hope spider-man has learned his lesson

lizard - 'hhhhhhsssssss!!!!!'

or

lizard - 'I willlll deeestrrroooy yoouuuu'

I know which one I perfer. anyone I think this is moot as I don't think lizard will appear in SM4 (unfortunately).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxHxJdnetls

As much I love Lizard. I dont expect this movie to be great having him as a stand alone villain. Comics and cartoons works fine. But a 2 hour movie?

imho there is little difference between the lizard and ock (scientists with experiements gone wrong) and doc ock carried his own movie. you could give the movie a dr.jekyll and mr.hyde undertone with the added dynamic of conner's family. definately enough material for a 2 hour movie.

...plus raimi will almost certainly fill the movie with more pete/mj fluff (groan)

Yes. Have Mysterio come into town,working on a movie,that MJ is working on. Beck is a genius,but a nutter with a huge imagination. He is bitter about the movie and the way he is being treat.So he delibrately tries to sabotage it and kill the cast and crew. Spider-Man saves the day,and this ticks him off .He has knowledge of an Oscorp truck whereabouts,and steals several items. He decides to make Spideys life a misery. Framing him for several robberys and the worst...killing John Jameson. This sends JJ on a warpath and he brings the idea to the city officials and to Oscorp. Creating a being that can stop Spidey in his tracks. As this is being done,Mysterio decides to torture Spidey some more. Again whilst trying to kill the cast and crew,Mysterio drugs Spidey. Who has terrifying hallucinations. Seeing the people who have died come back to haunt him and monsterous appiritions of former enemies. Also put into an alternitive world,where everything is perfect. He is married to MJ and Uncle Ben is still alive. But he fights it and awakes. Spidey then finds himself on the movie set and battles Mysterio and wins. But it isnt over yet. Oscorp has finished their project,thanks to JJ. Scorpion and the Spider Slayers are activated and begin their hunt for the Wall-Crawler. Spider-Man manages to subdue the Slayers,but Scorpion is more dangerous. On the verge of death.Spidey watches as Scorpion mutates into a grotesque monster and heads automatically back to Oscorp. Its then revealed that he is heading for the core reactor and plans on destroying it,thus blowing up all of NYC. Spidey busts Beck out of police custody (he is still not confessing though) and tells him he needs his help against Scorpion. Spidey and Mysterio manage to make use of the Slayers and they head to Oscorp. They battle Scorpion and stop him from destroying the reactor. But ofcourse,Mysterio turns on Spidey and they both have one final battle. Spidey then unleashes Becks drug on him and he cracks. Without Becks confession,NYC still believe Spider-Man is sinister. Oscorp and JJ both face backlash from the city. JJ feeling guilt and anger falls into depression. While the Oscorp owner,Jason Macendale,isnt really bothered. He regards Scorpion as a reveloutionary breakthrough for the company. So he decides to create similar cases to this. And even though Spider-Man is wanted dead or alive,he decides never to give up,no matter what happens.

Yes. Have Mysterio come into town,working on a movie,that MJ is working on. Beck is a genius,but a nutter with a huge imagination. He is bitter about the movie and the way he is being treat.So he delibrately tries to sabotage it and kill the cast and crew. Spider-Man saves the day,and this ticks him off .He has knowledge of an Oscorp truck whereabouts,and steals several items. He decides to make Spideys life a misery. Framing him for several robberys and the worst...killing John Jameson. This sends JJ on a warpath and he brings the idea to the city officials and to Oscorp. Creating a being that can stop Spidey in his tracks. As this is being done,Mysterio decides to torture Spidey some more. Again whilst trying to kill the cast and crew,Mysterio drugs Spidey. Who has terrifying hallucinations. Seeing the people who have died come back to haunt him and monsterous appiritions of former enemies. Also put into an alternitive world,where everything is perfect. He is married to MJ and Uncle Ben is still alive. But he fights it and awakes. Spidey then finds himself on the movie set and battles Mysterio and wins. But it isnt over yet. Oscorp has finished their project,thanks to JJ. Scorpion and the Spider Slayers are activated and begin their hunt for the Wall-Crawler. Spider-Man manages to subdue the Slayers,but Scorpion is more dangerous. On the verge of death.Spidey watches as Scorpion mutates into a grotesque monster and heads automatically back to Oscorp. Its then revealed that he is heading for the core reactor and plans on destroying it,thus blowing up all of NYC. Spidey busts Beck out of police custody (he is still not confessing though) and tells him he needs his help against Scorpion. Spidey and Mysterio manage to make use of the Slayers and they head to Oscorp. They battle Scorpion and stop him from destroying the reactor. But ofcourse,Mysterio turns on Spidey and they both have one final battle. Spidey then unleashes Becks drug on him and he cracks. Without Becks confession,NYC still believe Spider-Man is sinister. Oscorp and JJ both face backlash from the city. JJ feeling guilt and anger falls into depression. While the Oscorp owner,Jason Macendale,isnt really bothered. He regards Scorpion as a reveloutionary breakthrough for the company. So he decides to create similar cases to this. And even though Spider-Man is wanted dead or alive,he decides never to give up,no matter what happens.

*deep breath*

*reads Rodrigo90 post without pause*

* massive exhale*

gasp!!!!

yikes paragraphs needed

You could get a mod position in the Hype!

I doubt he would be just a background guy, im sure the guy who mentioned it was joking with him.

Im down for lizard or mysterio

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he doesn't become Lizard in SM4.

Ugh, I really hope Dylan Baker becomes The Lizard. :)

If Baker is going to only have another background role, then I am only getting more and more convinced the villain is Mysterio, at least one of two if there are more. My feeling on this keeps getting stronger as more news comes out. He is the best fit for it if the Lizard is not being used. No Lizard I think eliminates Kraven, as he is someone who I doubt they'd put center stage without the Lizard, and Mysterio fits Raimi's style of filmmaking.

Here's hoping Connors actually becomes the Lizard. I mean come on already. :o

Lizard could be the villain and Baker not be in the film much. Chances are Lizard would be done via CGI and such, and thus Baker would only be needed for scenes in which he is Connors. I can see Raimi going either way with the Lizard being in SM4 right now.

if Lizard is in it i wanna see limbs severed and then rejuvenated again like lizards are suppose to do

don't worry. it will happen. i think delaying it further is a good thing. when it eventually does happen, it's going to be that much more effective emotionally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"