Sequels Spider-Man 4 Writer Hired

essentially with Returns there seems to be no point in sight especially for Batman, it just kind of seems like pacing along one Burtonesque set after another until the very lackluster finale...the first Batman is okay but such an inaccurate portrayal of the Joker makes me want to vomit, however the depiction, and story of Batman is fine...while Joker is a clown he is by no means goofy, he's about one of the most saddistic men in all of literature, and they pretty much (big thanks to TB here) made him a goof off with one lame gag after another...i like SM3 better

I'm not too familiar with all 70 years of the comics but Nicholson Joker to me is very similar to the recent cartoons, albeit significantly more malevolent and psychopathic.

Which is surely point?

Let's get a Spidey film that isn't titled Spider-Man 4, just for the fact that it can differ from the horrible movie known as Spider-Man 3.

It's gonna be called Spider-Man 4 and continue after SM3, as it should be, they ain't caring about disgruntled geeks...again, as it should be.

Let's get a Spidey film that isn't titled Spider-Man 4, just for the fact that it can differ from the horrible movie known as Spider-Man 3.

I get that sm3 was't perfect but do youseriouslyhink it was horrible. Had sm3 been made in 2002, I'm willing to betyou'd besinging praies. SM3 is far from perfect but its by no means a horrible movie.

It's gonna be called Spider-Man 4 and continue after SM3, as it should be, they ain't caring about disgruntled geeks...again, as it should be.

If I was a geek, I would be offended.

But I'm not, I just know what a good movie is, and it wasn't a good movie, it was as bad as any straight-to-DVD movie, or any Dolph Lundgren movie.

I get that sm3 was't perfect but do youseriouslyhink it was horrible. Had sm3 been made in 2002, I'm willing to betyou'd besinging praies. SM3 is far from perfect but its by no means a horrible movie.

...why would I be all happy if it were to come out in '02? Lol.

But I'm not, I just know what a good movie is, and it wasn't a good movie, it was as bad as any straight-to-DVD movie, or any Dolph Lundgren movie.

Heh, I wouldn't go that far but hey, its your opinion.

Okay, so you don't like the movie, good for you, now find some flicks you do like and move on. :o

I want the next one to be called...

"The Amazing Spider-Man"

Helps set it apart from the initial trilogy.

:spidey: :up:

Yeah, people were begging for that name with SM2, it's not going to happen. Marvel already has "The Amazing" on tons of licensed products (which is why the cartoon is named "Spectacular" instead of "Amazing"), and they don't want to share the profits with Sony, "The Amazing" is Marvel's own Spidey property outside of their deal with Sony.

Yeah, people were begging for that name with SM2, it's not going to happen. Marvel already has "The Amazing" on tons of licensed products (which is why the cartoon is named "Spectacular" instead of "Amazing"), and they don't want to share the profits with Sony, "The Amazing" is Marvel's own Spidey property outside of the films.

Is this all fact, or just guess work?

In any case, I don't think the next movie will actually be called Spider-Man 4. Sony doesn't want people to think of these films in terms of numbers.

Spider-Man 4 does sound like they're just bleeding it dry. It needs some other subtitle.

Is this all fact, or just guess work?
Not guess work, it's fact, I use to work for a licensing agency, tradenames/trademarks are their own seperate business within a business sometimes. Such is the case for Marvel. Sony doesn't make money off of every product that has Spidey's name on it.

Not guess work, it's fact, I use to work for a licensing agency, tradenames/trademarks are their own seperate business within a business sometimes. Such is the case for Marvel.

Cool. So how much longer do Sony have the rights for?

If Marvel gets to make the next Spidey flick in-house, then we could be going to watch "The Amazing Spider-Man" after all...

Cool. So how much longer do Sony have the rights for?

If Marvel gets to make the next Spidey flick in-house, then we could be going to watch "The Amazing Spider-Man" after all...
Not really, it depends on the licensing deal with the movie studio. Marvel isn't given anyone any extra money if they don't have to, they'd rather come up with a different sub-title name altogether. Thus is why George Lucas has the greatest franchise on the planet, he own 100% of all Star Wars licensing, he doesn't have to share a penny with FOX, they just get their cut from distrubution/box office percentage...not a cent from licensing. And this is where the big money is.

Don't count on that happening anytime soon. There's no way Sony is going to let a $2.5 billion franchise slip out of its fingers.
Not anytime soon, true, but there will come a time when Spider-Man's movie rights will become Marvel's, I believe after the 6th or 7th film. I read the outline of the contract, but I can't seem to find the damn thing, it was online.

Not anytime soon, true, but there will come a time when Spider-Man's movie rights will become Marvels, I believe after the 6th or 7th film. I read the contract, but I can't seem to find the damn thing, it was online.

This is all very interesting. I'd like to read that contract if you're ever able to find it.

If we have a new cast, it should be called The Amzaing Spider-Man. If Tobey and everyone comes back, then Spider-Man 4 is fine.

Peter Parker Spider-Man!

Since he walks around unmasked all the time :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"