• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Sequels Spider-Man 5 & 6

That's probably why, though, I was into Spider-Man TAS since 1997. So, by right I should be more used to Christopher Daniel Barnes as Spidey, but, I guess not.

I'd say there's a big difference between being attached to the guy who voiced Spidey on a cartoon, and the guy who physically played Spidey on screen in three full length films...and was visible.

I'd say there's a big difference between being attached to the guy who voiced Spidey on a cartoon, and the guy who physically played Spidey on screen in three full length films...and was visible.
True, but cartoon can count as well, can't it?

True, but cartoon can count as well, can't it?

I'm not trying to discredit the influence of the cartoon, I'm merely stating that, in my opinion, one is more likely to become more attached to a living, breathing version of the character. But don't get me wrong, several superhero cartoons have provided stories that count for more with me than some of the live action/comic book stories written about certain characters.

I would say that it is more common sense to see that Tobey, Kirsten, and Raimi will more than likely not come back for two more films. Add to that with Raimi going to do WoW.

We will be getting a new cast and director. We will not be getting a reboot this early.

If people consider War Zone a reboot, then I believe the next set of SM films will also be a reboot. TIH without the opening credit scene is still a reboot, despite the coincidental opening and time frame from the first Hulk. So yeah if they replace everyone and bring in a new director, I can't see them doing anything BUT a reboot. Now if Simmons comes back, Molina returns as Ock, and maybe they continue with a Sandman or symbiote story and those actors return that's a different story. But I don't expect that to happen.

You just need a good screenplay,a good director,and good actors,and the movie will be amazing.You don't need Raimi and Tobey to do that.

I'm not trying to discredit the influence of the cartoon, I'm merely stating that, in my opinion, one is more likely to become more attached to a living, breathing version of the character. But don't get me wrong, several superhero cartoons have provided stories that count for more with me than some of the live action/comic book stories written about certain characters.
You make a good point, and quite honestly, I did attach to the film more since it was real life, but still, yeah, you make a good point. Speakinng of what stuck with me, I have to say, it was glorious to see that final swing at the end of Spider-Man (2002).

Tobey's a good actor and all, but I seriouly think it's time to recast to keep the cast fresh.

Perfect actor to pull off the role, Australian teen soap star, Jason Smith, from "Home And Away".... I seriously think he could pull off the role better then Tobey

4287_91464761004_618001004_2947053_.jpg

And he looks more like a Peter Parker then Tobey... and doesn't look constipated when he cries. :whatever:

I also think it would be a good idea to switch directors too. Sam did a great job on the first 3... but I really feel we need a change in direction. It could get a bit boring if we get them same stuff again...

Last edited:
I am certainly happy to see more and more people climbing on the "it's time for Sam & Co. to go" bandwagon. :up::up::up:

For a re-boot, I can totally see Jim Sturgess pull it off.

jim_sturgess_2.jpg

If (and when) they do a reboot, I say they do it younger and have at least one and a half movies set in high school.

Seriously.

If it was up to me, My storyboard would allow for two full films in high school.

Screw it, from the sound of this news, it feels like Sony wants sequels popping out sooner ala Harry Potter and why not? We have to wait for Raimi to come along and give us a whiny MJ, a wussy Peter, dancing scenes, Slimfast Venom, and re-used music in his sequels.... let him finish his part 4 for all we know it could good and please Sony get some new blood (cast, director, direction, etc) and gives us the Spidey we all know and love.

'Nuff Said.

In order for me to form an opinion, I have to see Spider-Man 4.

If Spider-Man 4 rocks, then I'd like to see Raimi & Co. return for 5 and 6.

If Spider-Man 4 sucks, then I'd like to see 5 and 6 go on another direction.

If Spider-Man 4 has a substantial amount of closure (meaning that Raimi has said all he's going to say with his story), then 5 and 6 should be a reboot ... Or pull an Incredible Hulk with a "requel."

Oh god, we need to do something about the Superherohype comments under the article. People are already asking for Venom and Carnage if there is a reboot when Venom get's his own spin-off. And there are chances for a reboot but people are still refusing more Spider-Man films.

Has Spider-Man 3 really ruined the character Spider-Man? At least to all the idiots.

Sorry but I had to get it off my chest. Let's get back on topic.

Is anybody else hoping that Spider-Man 5 and 6 are setting up The Sinister Six? I think it will be an awesome idea to have The Sinister Six in Spider-Man 6. I don't know why so many people hate the idea. As long as they establish all the characters before they join the team. It isin't that hard.

yep i've been saying this for years Spider-Man 6 should respectively be an Enter The Sinister 6 flick. And of course all the classics should be involved. The return of Doc Ock, Sandman (or Electro since Sandman went soft), Venom then in addition Lizard, Hobgoblin and of course Kingpin. I know it would be tricky to use those villains for the Sinister 6 but since we're getting 3 more Spidey movies it would save such a hassle for character development for a whole new set of villains other than the ones I mentioned. And I know a lot Kraven, Mysterio and even Chamelion jock riders would disagree but I think my line up is great. We have the classics and more visually amazing easy on the eyes villains that would make for great visual and special effects. I say bring on the Sinister 6 keep the same cast and no reboot till 2020 or something like that.

Well Ock could tell Sandman that he has a cure for his daughter's decease but if he want's it, he has to join their team.

And I want the original team, if not that then at least have 3-4 of them be members from the original team. But, here's how they could do it:

Spider-Man 4: Lizard and Kraven.
Spider-Man 5: Vulture and Electro.
Spider-Man 6: Introduce Mysterio at the beginning of the film. The Sinister Six: Doc Ock, Mysterio, Vulture, Electro, Sandman and Kraven.

Is anybody else hoping that Spider-Man 5 and 6 are setting up The Sinister Six? I think it will be an awesome idea to have The Sinister Six in Spider-Man 6. I don't know why so many people hate the idea. As long as they establish all the characters before they join the team. It isin't that hard.
No, I'm not... I think that opportunity has come and gone with DocOck. I'm not as comfortable, as many of you, that they can come up with a mature motivation for six villain to come together and work as a team. Otherwise, it will get very predictable, in my book, seeing their ego's clashing and Spidey taking advantage, picking them off one or two at a time.... which would destroy any hope of the 6 vs 1 final battle. I'm also afraid it may get clumsy, story losing focus, and become more a PG film than a PG13, if you know what I'm saying.

No, I'm not... I think that opportunity has come and gone with DocOck. I'm not as comfortable, as many of you, that they can come up with a mature motivation for six villain to come together and work as a team. Otherwise, it will get very predictable, in my book, seeing their ego's clashing and Spidey taking advantage, picking them off one or two at a time.... which would destroy any hope of the 6 vs 1 final battle. I'm also afraid it may get clumsy, story losing focus, and become more a PG film than a PG13, if you know what I'm saying.

Maybe you're right but I think it could work very well if Spidey fights them one by one, you know, like he did in Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1. Just a thought.

There are plenty of story possibilities for The Sinister Six. I don't think it will be that hard.

But I wouldn't be disappointed if The Sinister Six isin't ending the franchise in Spider-Man 6, I've always thought of it very unlikely but I would love to see it. But that's just me. :o

Maybe you're right but I think it could work very well if Spidey fights them one by one, you know, like he did in Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1. Just a thought.

There are plenty of story possibilities for The Sinister Six. I don't think it will be that hard. :o
I know what you're saying, I just don't like that idea. That's the one thing I didn't like about his first encounter with the Six... he faced them one at a time. That kinda defeats the purpose of a Team going after Spidey. It was no different then him fighting each one in a separate issue; and again, takes away from the final battle scenes, imo.

I agree however, there are plenty possibilities. I just don't trust new, unproving, guys, writing such huge story for their first Spidey gig; and certainly, don't trust the old guys at all.

Well Ock could tell Sandman that he has a cure for his daughter's decease but if he want's it, he has to join their team.

And I want the original team, if not that then at least have 3-4 of them be members from the original team. But, here's how they could do it:

Spider-Man 4: Lizard and Kraven.
Spider-Man 5: Vulture and Electro.
Spider-Man 6: Introduce Mysterio at the beginning of the film. The Sinister Six: Doc Ock, Mysterio, Vulture, Electro, Sandman and Kraven.

will i somewhat agree as far as tempting Sandman w/a cure for his daughter. but I would like them to go the Ultimate Spider-Man route where Peter's father and Eddie's father (for the sake of Eddie Brock referring himself to Eddie Brock "Jr." in Spidey 3) discovering the symbiote way early on and realizing what it can do. it's traits and characteristics along with the chance to cure cancer. that way Doc Ock can develop the cure using the symbiote and Venom returns (b/c of the disaster of the intro of Venom we got in Spidey 3 he should comeback in a great way). and since Venom kills Sandman in the comics once Spidey convinces Sandman not to turn evil Sandman turns on the Sinister 6 but gets killed by Venom by his bite. in the end Spidey should save Sandman's daughter by first curing Dr. Connors back to his human state and helps Dr. Connors to come up with a cure for cancer using the symbiote to save Sandman's daugther. plus that would be a great happy ending...a cure for cancer and Dr. Connors gets the Nobel for it.

will i somewhat agree as far as tempting Sandman w/a cure for his daughter. but I would like them to go the Ultimate Spider-Man route where Peter's father and Eddie's father (for the sake of Eddie Brock referring himself to Eddie Brock "Jr." in Spidey 3) discovering the symbiote way early on and realizing what it can do. it's traits and characteristics along with the chance to cure cancer. that way Doc Ock can develop the cure using the symbiote and Venom returns (b/c of the disaster of the intro of Venom we got in Spidey 3 he should comeback in a great way). and since Venom kills Sandman in the comics once Spidey convinces Sandman not to turn evil Sandman turns on the Sinister 6 but gets killed by Venom by his bite. in the end Spidey should save Sandman's daughter by first curing Dr. Connors back to his human state and helps Dr. Connors to come up with a cure for cancer using the symbiote to save Sandman's daugther. plus that would be a great happy ending...a cure for cancer and Dr. Connors gets the Nobel for it.

Sorry, but that would totally suck imo.

I'm bothered by the implied slight conflict regarding Vanderbilt's script and Raimi and the studio going ahead with Vanderbilt to write the scripts for sm5 and 6.

First of all. I'm willing to give Raimi a chance and see what he does for sm4 but for his last 3 spidey films, as appreciative as I am that we have them, I'm not gripped or impressed by them as much as I would like to be.

Personally, I feel as though Raimi doesn't fully understand the complexities and layers to Peter's character and most of the characters for that matter. Raimi insists on giving us dreary dialogue and situations with the odd couple of good scenes.

I think that over the years, there have been some good comic book movies or graphic novel adaptations that boast a maturity, quality and level of understanding not to take itself too seriously in order for them to be entertaining enough to be very enjoyable.

The bar has been raised and right now, I'm more interested in Raimi giving us a spidey 4 that meets the newly set high standards than anticipating the actual film.

TDK was a very good film but imo is highly overrated and to be perfectly honest, in terms of tone, story and comicdom can't be compared to spider-man too tough. I feel spidey to be more rooted in the realm of comicdom than batman. Batman imo is much easier in terms of believability and story to bring to the screen moreso than a guy bitten by a genetically/irradiated spider.

I'd like to use watchmen as an example of a film that has no compunction in apologising for what it is and where it's source material came from. The costumes are ridiculous, perfect in the world of comicdom but because the film shows no shame, it works wonderfully and just feels natural. That is where the spidey movies need to be at in terms of feeling comfortable in the stories it needs and should be telling.

So, before I start air-punching, I'll wait to see where sm4 takes us. There's more than enough inspiration to draw good ideas from and for the love of God, if we're reusing the original cast, they need to up their games to suit the characters they're portraying and not the other way round as has been the case with Maguire.

Here's hoping for the best.

Sorry, but that would totally suck imo.

well i beg to differ I mean it's in the comics that Venom's bite does kill Sandman b/c of his acid like saliva he disenegrates. but either way we deserve a great Venom return after what happened in Spidey 3.

well i beg to differ I mean it's in the comics that Venom's bite does kill Sandman b/c of his acid like saliva he disenegrates. but either way we deserve a great Venom return after what happened in Spidey 3.

First off, Venom didn't kill Sandman, just weakened him. And second, that was just a case of extremely bad writing. Venom shouldn't be able to do that and acid saliva? He may drool a lot, but Venom does not have "acid like saliva".

I agree with Oscorp though, you're idea is really bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"