Reaction score
Holy crap!!! These look and sound awesome! :wow::spidey::up:

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #573
Written by DAN SLOTT
Pencils & Cover by JOHN ROMITA JR.
50/50 Variant by KEVIN MAGUIRE
Zombie Variant by MARKO DJURDJEVIC
NEW WAYS TO DIE: THE FINAL CHAPTER
Some jobs a man just has to do with his own two hands! For the first time in a loooong time, it's the one, true GREEN GOBLIN versus the AMAZING SPIDER-MAN! And whoever walks away from this one still has to face... HARRY OSBORN?! Just what is HARRY up to?! Plus: ANTI-VENOM goes toe-to-toe with a classic villain from Spidey's past! This one's got it all (including more pages!), Spider-Fans, and when it's over, your eyes are gonna need a vacation!
48 PGS./Rated A …$3.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #574
Written by MARC GUGGENHEIM
Pencils & Cover by BARRY KITSON
WHATEVER HAPPENED TO FLASH THOMPSON?
A powerful story taking Peter Parker's former nemesis and Spider-Man's biggest fan from the avenues of New York to the war torn Middle East along with his fellow brothers in the US Army.

32 PGS./Rated A …$2.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #575
Written by JOE KELLY
Pencils & Cover by CHRIS BACHALO
As the Mayoral election ramps up, gang activity is at an all time high…and Mr. Negative's newest enforcer, HAMMERHEAD, works to bring all the gangs under one banner…or else. With some of the kids from Aunt May's F.E.A.S.T. center caught in the crossfire, Spidey stands up to his old foe…but Hammerhead's got some new tricks and even Spider-Man can't stop him this time as Joe Kelly (Deadpool) and Chris Bachalo (Uncanny X-Men) bring you FAMILY TIES!
32 PGS./Rated A …$2.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN ANNUAL #1
Written by MARC GUGGENHEIM
Pencils & Cover by MIKE MCKONE
Finally! One of the biggest mysteries of BRAND NEW DAY is revealed!
Who is the mysterious Jackpot? For months, merry Marvelites have pondered this question? Who is she? What is her dark and mysterious secret? And how does Walter Declun (Wolverine: Civil War) play a part in it? We're not telling, but Marc Guggenheim and Mike McKone are! Don't miss it, Tiger!
48 PGS./Rated A …$3.99

SECRET INVASION: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #3
Written by BRIAN REED
Penciled by MARCO SANTUCCI
Cover by MIKE MCKONE
The SECRET INVASION tie-in series with the longest title of them all concludes here in shocking style! Jackpot and the cast of Spidey's Brand New Day are toe-to-toe with a Super Skrull that posesses the powers of the Sinister Six! Maybe it's time for everyone's friendly neighborhood wall crawler to get involved?
32 PGS./Rated A …$2.99

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN FAMILY #2
Written by JOHN ARCUDI,
TOM DEFALCO & MORE
Penciled by RAMON BACHS,
RON FRENZ & MORE
Cover by MIKE DEODATO
In a story by BPRD's JOHN ARCUDI and MARVEL APES' RAMON BACHS, track a crime across the years as we see a criminal's path covered from the Daily Bugle to the DB. Then, in Mr. and Mrs. Spider-Man, Tom DeFalco and Ron Frenz show you how a father like Peter Parker deals with leaving his child for the day – remembering how his parents never returned when they last left him. Also, see more slices of Peter Parker's Brand New World and take a look at this month's AMAZING returning villain,
HAMMERHEAD!
104 PGS./Rated A …$4.99

VENOM: DARK ORIGIN #3
Written by ZEB WELLS
Pencils & Cover by ANGEL MEDINA
"Amid the chaos, there comes a costume--!" On an alien world, at the behest of an all-powerful megalomaniac, armies of heroes and villains face off in one of the greatest conflicts in Marvel history…and Spider-Man is there! As failed journalist Eddie Brock
sinks deeper into the poisonous depths of his soul, the hero who ruined his life comes back from the Secret Wars with a living, breathing alien symbiote. Writer Zeb Wells (AMAZING SPIDER-MAN) and artist Angel Medina (SENSATIONAL SPIDER-MAN) chronicle the twin corruptions doomed to bring together a wreck of a man and a jealous monster to form one of Spider-Man's deadliest foes!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

AMAZING SPIDER-GIRL #25
Written by TOM DEFALCO
Pencils & Cover by RON FRENZ
Zombie Variant by PAT OLLIFE
With her life stolen by the mysterious Brand New May and her father in the hands of Fury, the Goblin Queen, a gravely injured Spider-Girl must carve a new life for herself as friends turn against her and old enemies come to her aid--and that's just the beginning of this double-sized 25th issue spectacular!
48 PGS./Rated A …$3.99

SPIDER-MAN LOVES MARY JANE #3
Written by TERRY MOORE
Penciled by CRAIG ROUSSEAU
Cover by TERRY MOORE
Eisner award-winner Terry Moore returns with another exciting issue starring Spider-Man's favorite girl! Someone at Midtown High is leading a double life...but it ain't who you'd expect. Can MJ conceal her secret identity from her closest friends, or will her double life be revealed to the entire school!?!?!? (Hint: Her double life will be revealed to the entire school)
32 PGS./All Ages…$2.99

SPIDER-MAN: BRAND NEW DAY #1
Written by DAN SLOTT
Pencils & Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN
Get on the BRAND NEW DAY bandwagon with the new ongoing series, reprinting the thrice-monthly AMAZING SPIDER-MAN in chronological order! Prepare for what promises to be the most pulse-pounding piece of four-color fiction to be delivered unto the Mighty Marvel Minions in decades! You asked for more Spidey! You demanded it! And, by Buckley, you're gonna get it! After the devastatingly heartwarming events of ONE MORE DAY, Peter Parker puts the past behind him and sets forth on a BRAND NEW DAY! Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #546-547.
56 PGS./Rated A …$4.99

SPIDER-MAN MAGAZINE #3
Cover by JOHN CASSADAY
It's Spider-Man from cover to cover in the thrilling third edition of the wall-crawler's very own ongoing magazine! In addition to full-length comic-book stories, this issue features puzzles and games, pinups, a letters page, and a pull-out poster!
96 PGS./All Ages …$6.99

Pictures can be found here.
http://www.marvel.com/news/comicstories.4200.FIRST_LOOK~colon~_October_2008_Spider-Man_Comics

Well Amazing Spider-man looks lackluster as usual.

I really wish ASG would get more attention because it truly is a fantastic title. Oh well....

They're gonna try re-selling brand new day comic book issues??

Oooo...and the annual will cover the secret of Jackpot..at last!!
Wow...so it is either one or the other...A) MJ being a superhero
or B) A superhero trying to be MJ. Grrreeeaaaatt.

Oh boy...head hurts....:whatever:....

One thing I'm liking about the VENOM: DARK ORIGIN mini is that its going to be focusing more on Brock rather than Venom...from the looks of it it he probably wont become Venom until like the 5th issue(or perhaps rather cliffhanger in the 4th).

Brand New Ways to Die looks awesome, who else but JRJR would be able to handle the goblins? And we'll see how good of a writer Dan Slott really is, i think it'll be awesome but we'll see...if not there's always Ultimate Spiderman. lol

Brand New Ways to Die looks awesome, who else but JRJR would be able to handle the goblins? And we'll see how good of a writer Dan Slott really is, i think it'll be awesome but we'll see...if not there's always Ultimate Spiderman. lol

Speaking of which...

where IS the solit for USM?

The solits for USM always go under the Ultimate Comics section, never in the Spidey section

This just in. Talked to all the comic shops in my area. None of them upped their orders for New Ways To Die. HA!

This just in. Talked to all the comic shops in my area. None of them upped their orders for New Ways To Die. HA!

You really go around all the comic shops in your area to ask if they've upped their orders for a few issues of a comic book??

Dude...

You really go around all the comic shops in your area to ask if they've upped their orders for a few issues of a comic book?? Dude...
Well, he could have just phoned them rather than ask in person. Anyway, it looks like they're really going make or brake when it comes to Brand New Day. I'm kind of thinking that if Mr. Negative does turn out to be Anti-Venom, the classic foe he faces is going to be Hammerhead so as to segway into Kelly's arc. The Flash Thompson story looks interesting, probably his reflections on wanting to be like Spider-Man while he's fighting in Afghanistan or Iraq. As for Jackpot's origins having ties to a character from the Civil War Wolverine arc, wasn't Walter Declun the guy in charge of Damage Control that supplied Nitro with Mutant Growth Hormone? So I guess they're trying to suggest that Jackpot got her powers from MGH, which makes sense, but seeing that MGH are a steroid in the Marvel U, wouldn't that make her a junkie?

Stillanerd.....if MJ is on MGH...wouldn't that make her like a lousy no good babseball player on steroids, cheatin' the system??

That would make MJ, or the superhero that trys to be MJ, a real louse. Would it not? I hope this isn't another attempt to make MJ look bad again.

asm573_cov.jpg

asm574_cov.jpg

asm575_cov.jpg

asmann2008_cov.jpg

ultsm127_cov.jpg

Geee Ultimate Gwen/Carnage looks a tad peeved in that cover :oldrazz:

They're reprinting BND already?!?! Geez. Did they just have some extra spaces on the racks to fill, or what?!:huh:

Jeez, Ultimate Pete and MJ look like they're in their twenties. :funny:

575's cover looks like tombstone to me. It would make sense as didn't he appear when one of those tablets (that thingy Mr Negative had -- wow I'm articulate) was first introduced in ASM waaaaaay back in the sixties/seventies?? I know the synopsis says Hammerhead, but it'd be good to see Tombstone show up too...

Stillanerd.....if MJ is on MGH...wouldn't that make her like a lousy no good babseball player on steroids, cheatin' the system??

That would make MJ, or the superhero that trys to be MJ, a real louse. Would it not? I hope this isn't another attempt to make MJ look bad again.

Great, if MJ dumps that actor guy, she and always date Mark Maguire and swap stories.:oldrazz:

Seriously, though, I'd rather prefer if Jackpot was MJ than opposed to a superpowered celebrity lookalike with a thing for disco since at least it would be MJ and not some pretender. Or is it now a celebrity impersonator with a thing for disco who gets her powers by taking steroids? Gee, why do I get the feeling that Jackpot has a real short shelf life?

shinlyle said:
They're reprinting BND already?!?! Geez. Did they just have some extra spaces on the racks to fill, or what?!:huh:

Considering the sales estimates ASM has been getting, I'd say it's a desperate attempt by Marvel to try and get some more readers to "get with the program."

STILLANERD: Considering the sales estimates ASM has been getting, I'd say it's a desperate attempt by Marvel to try and get some more readers to "get with the program."

Exactly....it feels like it is time where they're throwing everything but the kitchen sink to try and sell this new direction.

Reprinting it in TPB's, more comics, they're re-printing BND on anything and everything to saturate the market so you can read this experiment on shirts, socks, balloons, monkey heiney, whatever...and hopefully get hooked.

Exactly....it feels like it is time where they're throwing everything but the kitchen sink to try and sell this new direction.

Reprinting it in TPB's, more comics, they're re-printing BND on anything and everything to saturate the market so you can read this experiment on shirts, socks, balloons, monkey heiney, whatever...and hopefully get hooked.

lol i guess its easier than them admitting they were wrong about the new approach. :cwink:

You really go around all the comic shops in your area to ask if they've upped their orders for a few issues of a comic book??

Dude...

I'm friends with them all and I asked in passing. Not like I drove there just for that.

Comic shops i go to, all have lots of extra's left over laying around.

Now, i assume, they'll have lots of extras of these reprint issues.

Already heard the TPB's are not selling great.

Is there really ANYWHERE where there is some great demand for OMD/BND issues???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"