Comics SPider-Man for October 2008

Haha, I liked this synopsis for the reprint...

SPIDER-MAN: BRAND NEW DAY #1
Written by DAN SLOTT
Pencils & Cover by STEVE MCNIVEN
Get on the BRAND NEW DAY bandwagon with the new ongoing series, reprinting the thrice-monthly AMAZING SPIDER-MAN in chronological order! Prepare for what promises to be the most pulse-pounding piece of four-color fiction to be delivered unto the Mighty Marvel Minions in decades! You asked for more Spidey! You demanded it! And, by Buckley, you're gonna get it! After the devastatingly heartwarming events of ONE MORE DAY, Peter Parker puts the past behind him and sets forth on a BRAND NEW DAY! Collecting AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #546-547.
56 PGS./Rated A …$4.99

Hahahahaha!

This just simply isn't the case!! Nobody has been demanding this!

How many copies do you think these reprints will sell? How many copies do ANY popular reprints sell? I can't imagine they're gonna get a big return for this.

Haha, I liked this synopsis for the reprint...

Hahahahaha!

This just simply isn't the case!! Nobody has been demanding this!

How many copies do you think these reprints will sell? How many copies do ANY popular reprints sell? I can't imagine they're gonna get a big return for this.

you missed a spot...

After the devastatingly heartwarming events of ONE MORE DAY, Peter Parker puts the past behind him and sets forth on a BRAND NEW DAY!

biggest lie ever. today on a heart warming episode of maury "the "devil" took our marriage!" yea

real heartwarming...:whatever:
that upsets me more than the thank you note from joey q. at the end of the other....

yea it should have said thank you for completing all 12 issues of this crap.

Lulz. So who wants to bet on how long it takes after the reprints don't sell and more people don't get with the program, that we'll get a fix on One More Day.

I think it hinges on whether or not New Ways To Die is a success.

Hopefully, people are strong enough to stay the course.

One thing I'm concerned about, is that perhaps people wanting to cancel, and those that have already cancelled, may not be aware of poor sales figures. They may for whatever reason think that it makes no difference to cancel or continue their cancellation and jump back on board.

It would be an amazing message if the sales actually decrease through the New Ways To Die arc.

New Ways to Die probably won't be as much of a sales spike as they'd suspect. The annual however will probably sell well, just because us scorned MJ fans will want to pick it up to see if it's her that's Jackpot or some lame ass trying to be her and a superhero. (Not sure which idea is worse.)

Man, I honestly hope that the sells on ASM drop down to the 50,000 range. That would be enough of a decline that Marvel would be forced to acknowledge some sort of responsibility for their actions.Then again, I'm sure they'll blame it on the writers or the fans...it's never editorial's fault.

Man, I honestly hope that the sells on ASM drop down to the 50,000 range.

I think Spider-Man could benefit from a huge drop in the long run. Perhaps future writers will be given more creative freedom if the title sells poorly. And maybe then we will se stories that doesn't just feel like they're written after some kind of standard formula 1A in "how to write a Spider-Man-story". Just a thought...

you missed a spot...

biggest lie ever. today on a heart warming episode of maury "the "devil" took our marriage!" yea

real heartwarming...:whatever:
that upsets me more than the thank you note from joey q. at the end of the other....

yea it should have said thank you for completing all 12 issues of this crap.

What thank you note?

I think Spider-Man could benefit from a huge drop in the long run. Perhaps future writers will be given more creative freedom if the title sells poorly. And maybe then we will se stories that doesn't just feel like they're written after some kind of standard formula 1A in "how to write a Spider-Man-story". Just a thought...

Exactly. Remember how great the early issues of Peter Parker: Spider-Man were after Jenkins took over? They were great! They let him do whatever, and the book was great. Up until the point that sales on ASM started soaring, and then, it was "write the issues for a trade paperback" thing. Ugh.

In fact, remember when JMS wasn't having to write event after event? Good stuff.

Now, we get introduced to Peter's new dilemma and a new villian, then we get Peter trying to gather his bearings, then he fights villian of the month, Peter wins, but villian lurks away to regroup. Also, somewhere in there, we'll throw in a shot of Peter kissing some club rat or JJ Jameson. Ugh, again.

After the devastatingly heartwarming :wow: events of ONE MORE DAY, Peter Parker puts the past behind him and sets forth on a BRAND NEW DAY!

:pal:

I know there are some people who like BND, "the continuation of OMD"....but is there ANYONE at all in the world that actually thought the blatantly contrived starting point for this agenda was "HEARTWARMING"???

Is Marvel trying to convince themselves of this, or does Joe REALLY think his magical marriage stealing devil reboot truly warmed our hearts??

What thank you note?

Joey Q. wrote a thanks note on the last page of the other...
I would go into specifics but I no longer own that book because i sold it.

I know there are some people who like BND, "the continuation of OMD"....but is there ANYONE at all in the world that actually thought the blatantly contrived starting point for this agenda was "HEARTWARMING"???

Is Marvel trying to convince themselves of this, or does Joe REALLY think his magical marriage stealing devil reboot truly warmed our hearts??

I'll go with the latter, lol.

It would be an amazing message if the sales actually decrease through the New Ways To Die arc.

That would be so cool.

If that happened, I reckon JQ would have to start facing up to how bad a decision OMD was.... and then start considering that he has to ret con the deal with Mephisto by whatever means necessary.... however hokey it might turn out.

An elaborate illusion by Mysterio? I'd take that. Anything is better than the results of OMD. 'Harry' needs to disappear (he could be a skrull or whatever set up by Norman), and the marriage needs to be un-wiped.

That would be so cool.

If that happened, I reckon JQ would have to start facing up to how bad a decision OMD was.... and then start considering that he has to ret con the deal with Mephisto by whatever means necessary.... however hokey it might turn out.

An elaborate illusion by Mysterio? I'd take that. Anything is better than the results of OMD. 'Harry' needs to disappear (he could be a skrull or whatever set up by Norman), and the marriage needs to be un-wiped.

Nothing even so elaborate as that.

OMD doesn't need to be retconned, exactly.

Ideally, it would be pretty decent storywise if simply Peter became aware of the illusion somehow. Maybe MJ tricks Mephisto and makes Peter remember. Maybe someone like Dr. Strange realizes something is wrong. And then once Peter remembers, he faces off against Mephisto (with some help) to make things right again.

Simple as that.

While I am NOT a big fan of OMD, I would be saddened if we had to return to the old status quo, which quite frankly, had gotten kind of boring for quite some time...

... in MY opinion.

:csad:

Returning to the old status quo is what is needed. They can tell these stories with him married to Mary Jane. They can even keepy Carlie and Lily. Hell, keep Harry if they must. All they really need to do is have him discover the truth and then reinstitute the marriage.

No to keeping Harry, he has got to go.

He must be found out to be a fake in order to re-instate the integrity of SSM#200.

That would be so cool.

Quentin Beck impersonating Mephisto and creating a massive illusion could work. He has crossed back over twice since blowing his brains out.

I like the Mysterio ideas. Mysterio could treat it like a "Truman Show" scenerio where hes controlling the environment Peter and co. are in and watch it all unfold. Like its not necessaraly an illusion in the sense that if Peter was sleeping a machine or something, but have Mysterio controlling the city in different ways(Harry's return, Daily Bugle takeover, the Election, etc..)

That would be so cool.

at this point i wouldn't care if bob barker appeared out of no where and restored continuity within the spidey books with a spinning wheel. lol. :cwink:

I just want to be able to enjoy the real spidey again. :yay:

EDIT: I missed the mysterio bit...but you FREAKING GENIUS i love that idea.
for one thing a little bit of me doesn't want omd retconned...but utilized in better story telling.

Nothing even so elaborate as that.

OMD doesn't need to be retconned, exactly.

Ideally, it would be pretty decent storywise if simply Peter became aware of the illusion somehow. Maybe MJ tricks Mephisto and makes Peter remember. Maybe someone like Dr. Strange realizes something is wrong. And then once Peter remembers, he faces off against Mephisto (with some help) to make things right again.

Simple as that.

Remember, we still do not know what MJ wispered (sp?) to Mesphito ! :huh:

Got to admit; junior's artwork on Spidey just seems so....right somehow. Doesnt it? :word:

Another Marvel quote that is a hoot....

Annual #1: "Who is the mysterious Jackpot? For months, merry Marvelites have pondered this question? Who is she"?

Wow....we'll finally find out!!! :whatever:

Are Merry Marvelites REALLY pondering this question??

She is either...

A.) MJ being a superhero

or

B.) A Superhero trying to be MJ

I bet sales of this one will be STRATISPHERIC too!! :oldrazz:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"