Playstation Spider-Man: Miles Morales Coming to PS5

The original Spider Man2018 has no "ps5 upgrade". So you will play the same game though probably with faster loading.

If you want the remastered version, you will have to buy the game again.... thx Sony.

to be fair, it’s not a cheap cash grab. They completely redid the lighting system. Overhauled the character models. Changed the hair system. Added 60 FPS and ray tracing.

it’s well worth the 20 bucks.

Just finished and I really enjoyed this. Can’t wait to see what happens next with Peter and what they title his sequel.

to be fair, it’s not a cheap cash grab. They completely redid the lighting system. Overhauled the character models. Changed the hair system. Added 60 FPS and ray tracing.

it’s well worth the 20 bucks.
I mean, I'm not going to complain if people wants to double dip.

But I already played the game and with other triple A games giving their ps5 upgrades (60 fps/ray tracing/better graphics) for free. I'm just not going to bother getting the remastered version of a 2018 game.

Again, other games like god of war or Tsushima simply unlocked the frame rate and nothing else. It’s not comparable to the Spider-man PS5.

Again, other games like god of war or Tsushima simply unlocked the frame rate and nothing else. It’s not comparable to the Spider-man PS5.
Final Fantasy VIIR, Assassins Creed Valhalla, Witcher 3, Watch Dogs Legion, God ofWar 2018, etc have free ps5 upgrades... i watched the difference between the ps4 and the ps5 version side by side and I wouldn't know the difference if I played the ps5 version in term of lighting, environment textures, etc.

That only major difference here is they changed the actor playing Peter Parker and of course we know the reception for that change is. Nobody asked forthat change.

I don't think its a cheap grab but Imo Sony was definitely greedy in this. Spider-Man 2018 is not an old game to get a "remaster". If third party games are willing to give their neXt gen console upgrade for free then a system seller like Spider-Man 2018, should have also given their neXt gen upgrade for free. The game literally sold 20 million copies for Sony.

Edited to add:
PS4 to PS5: All Games with Confirmed Free Upgrades

Spiderman ps4 remastered definitely looks better than just a new actor for Peter Parker.

Just finished the game. That Harlem war was insane.

My impatient self is thinkinb that i should get Miles and the new Resident Evil in the ps4.

Is there any significant difference between ps4 Miles and the ps5? The game still looks good in ps4.

My impatient self is thinkinb that i should get Miles and the new Resident Evil in the ps4.

Is there any significant difference between ps4 Miles and the ps5? The game still looks good in ps4.

PS5 version can do 60fps, ray-tracing and 4K.

I played Miles on PS4 and it still looked great. I did encounter quite a bit bugs and crashes on PS4, but I'm sure those have been patched up since release.

PS4 copy comes with a free upgrade to PS5 version anyway.

PS5 version can do 60fps, ray-tracing and 4K.

I played Miles on PS4 and it still looked great. I did encounter quite a bit bugs and crashes on PS4, but I'm sure those have been patched up since release.

PS4 copy comes with a free upgrade to PS5 version anyway.
Yeah I think thats what I'm doing now also considering that this game is much shorter than the 2018 game.

Like with the new Resident Evil game, I'm also buying it for the ps4 spine label. Ps5 upgrade is free anyway so I should just buy the ps4 disc especially I still can't find a ps5.

I need a new superhero game soon having recently having finished Arkham Knight which I absolutely loved (just finishing the AR missions). So might go for this considering I liked the first game.

Last edited:
Just got through this. Gameplay was good, I liked the venom blast moves in combat. I still think the stealth in these games are awkward and not well thought out though. Story was better than the Hammerhead dlc for the first game, but felt predictable and boring in part. I would have preferred had they spent more time on Miles and his uncle than their take on the Tinkerer.

I just got this one, it's pretty good. For some reason fidelity mode looks broken, though performance and performance RT work just fine. Not sure if it's an issue with playing a ps4 disc with the ps5 upgrade, or because we put it through a disc repair device at the shop.

I just got this one, it's pretty good. For some reason fidelity mode looks broken, though performance and performance RT work just fine. Not sure if it's an issue with playing a ps4 disc with the ps5 upgrade, or because we put it through a disc repair device at the shop.
You already sent your ps5 to a repair shop?

You already sent your ps5 to a repair shop?
No, I bought a used copy of Miles Morales and it had a few minor scratches, so the shop guy put it through a disc repair device. I don't know if it was because of this process, but the game is dropping frames hard on fidelity mode, and less noticably on 60 fps.

The console should be fine, just a disc issue. I can go back and change the copy

No, I bought a used copy of Miles Morales and it had a few minor scratches, so the shop guy put it through a disc repair device. I don't know if it was because of this process, but the game is dropping frames hard on fidelity mode, and less noticably on 60 fps.

The console should be fine, just a disc issue. I can go back and change the copy
Oh I didn't know there's such a disc repair.

Quick review: just completed the story and most of the side content

I really enjoy the venom-enhanced combat. Feels super satisfying to arrive at the scene of a crime and drop in with a wide-area electric blast. Or take on guys at a rooftop and launch a group into the air for some swing-kicks. The enemies are a bit more challenging in this game, especially the Roxxon guys. It's pretty much impossible to take on combat arenas without learning to use venom-attacks fluently.

Traversal hasn't really changed. The airtricks have been updated so that they tie into swinging animations and don't cut your momentum, but the system as a whole is still kind of restrictive with what you can and can't do. Perhaps the sequel can give us the option to choose between the more accessible simplified system and a more advanced one.

story was pretty good, though the casual-dialogue with attempts at humor is quite awful. Performance RT was my favorite graphics mode, and every developer should consider including it. This is the next gen after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"