• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Star Trek Beyond - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still not crazy about the Enterprise getting wrecked again but... Intriguing. More so than the first one. Add into it that it looks like Bones finally will be a bigger part of things. I'm down.

star-trek-beyond-poster.jpg

Me likey. Much better trailer too :up:. Let's hope Lin delivers.

Wow, that's a vast improvement over the first trailer! I especially like that it looks like Bones is actually going to get something to do besides medical scenes. Good to see him interacting with Kirk and Spock as a friend.

JJ Abrams and Zack Snyder aren't remotely similar in style and talent.

I was joking.. though, I hate what JJ Abrams has done to sequel to the first movie.

I'm happy that he is not involved with this one.

Last edited:
Hmm. What's the selling point here? The story hook? Just looks like....another ST movie. All the dialogue, the story territory, felt like it could have been lifted out of the other two films.

The first trailer grabbed me more. Made me think Beyond might have been more of a 60's throwback with the lighter sillier tone. Not sure anymore though.

Hmm. What's the selling point here? The story hook? Just looks like....another ST movie. All the dialogue, the story territory, felt like it could have been lifted out of the other two films.

The first trailer grabbed me more. Made me think Beyond might have been more of a 60's throwback with the lighter sillier tone. Not sure anymore though.

First Orci and Krutzman are not writers, Simon Pegg (and some-other writer) have written a story and screen play closer to "older trek" movies but at the same time director Justin Lin has added his own take on the characters, without changing them.

We will see how that works out.

Didn't hate the first trailer. In fact, it had more energy than this one. This trailer is good too. The poster is freaking gorgeous. Idris Elba's villain is really cool. Can't wait to see it in a theater.

Didn't hate the first trailer, but this was much better, some stunning shots, like the Enterprise warping space, and overall just looks much better than previously.

Elba looks badass also.

I am glad they are finally dealing with them exploring a planet and dealing with an adventure on there per the original series.

The first trailer did nothing for me. This was much better. Love the ST:TMP callback poster.

I never thought that the original series was silly.

Now this was a great trailer. I just hope the movie lives up to it. I went from not caring to wanting to see this. Loved the shot of the Enterprise warping through space. I feel like though the whole Kirk thing was kind of done in the first film. Elba's make-up can go either way but I'll give it a chance because I'm pleased to see a new villain as well as a new planet. I'm just glad to see this is more of an original idea for this rebooted series instead of an Abrams aping job.

Looks like the Enterprise from Star Trek: Enterprise at the end. I wonder if they simply have a new ship built in that design, or if they steal the old relic from somewhere.

Looks like the Enterprise from Star Trek: Enterprise at the end. I wonder if they simply have a new ship built in that design, or if they steal the old relic from somewhere.
From one page back......
Comments on the youtube page are saying it's not the NX Enterprise but is apparently a ship call the USS Franklin. Might be an NX class ship though.

Elba and Boutella are unrecognizable (especially Elba), but considering how fantastic they both look I'd say the sacrifice of having them buried under tons of makeup is totally worth it.

Elba's character and his minions are very Mass Effect-ish looking, btw. Coincidentally I'm in the middle of playing ME2 for the first time and watching the trailer I couldn't stop thinking of it, lol. I guess it's a very influential game.

Last edited:
I don't play video games....so if anything is Mass Effect-ish looking it doesn't bother me at all. It's new looking to me.

Personally, I really liked the new trailer. My only complaint is that the movie looks to have that ugly, glossy look that's becoming more and more popular these days.

The posters are great, by the way.

This is the Mass Effect alien that Idris Elba's character reminds me of.
Vorcha.png

Elba looks a bit like the Hirogen, or something from Buffy.

Elba looks a bit like the Hirogen, or something from Buffy.

Yeah, im not feeling his look at all. This is a movie and not DS9 or Voyager. Im disappointed they dont come up with more bad ass looking species considering the budget. I would really love if they make a species that's not your standard mask looking alien where you can tell their evil. Always felt Star Wars pulled off Aliens better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"