Star Wars: Outlaws

Reaction score
Its open world according to their ig!

Yeah I can't wait for this. I recently played Jedi Fallen Order, I e enjoyed it and I also enjoyed those Angry Birds Star Wars games. I'm not a fan of Star Wars but i enjoyed the games I've played so far.

As for Ubisoft I have enjoyed Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed and I just know the graphics would be top notch. I will reserve my thoughts about the gameplay but I want floating cars and lots of costumes.

Lucasfilm Games Hits Lightspeed Toward the Future | StarWars.com

Case in point, the huge news that Lucasfilm Games and Ubisoft are collaborating on a new story-driven, open-world Star Wars game. It’s a genre long-requested by fans, and will come to life via Massive Entertainment, Ubisoft’s critically-acclaimed studio based in Malmö, Sweden. “We’re really excited about an opportunity to work with the team at Massive, led by David Polfeldt and the creative director, Julian Gerighty. We’ve spent almost a year now, working to get to know them and what they want to bring to the table,” Reilly says. “I’m a huge fan of them, personally. I think we’re really excited about where that project is going, because they have a unique vision for the story and the game they want to deliver.”

For reference, Massive made the two Division games.

I mean I don’t absolutely hate EA. I enjoyed Fallen Order a lot and had fun on Battlefront II. But it’s great they’re allowing others to get in the mix now.

I very much dislike EA, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t capable of getting good games made if all the pieces fall into place. Regardless though, I prefer it now with the doors opened to multiple developers.

Oh thank god, they’re moving away from EA.
I get why people get annoyed with EA, but they made three of the best Star Wars games I have ever played. Definitely better then the Division. :hehe:

That said, I hope this forces EA to stop scrapping games.

Please be Mandalorian focused game. PLEASE!!

I mean I don’t absolutely hate EA. I enjoyed Fallen Order a lot and had fun on Battlefront II. But it’s great they’re allowing others to get in the mix now.
I don't like how EA introduced microtransactions in some of the Star Wars games. I'm not against micros except when they affect the grind to playable characters or adding loot boxes for maximum spending.

SW being licensed to other game developers?

giphy.gif

I very much dislike EA, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t capable of getting good games made if all the pieces fall into place. Regardless though, I prefer it now with the doors opened to multiple developers.
Fallen Order is a nice game. Thats the only ps4 game I have from Ea.
They could be decent for open world Star Wars then. Although it might not be single player?
I never played the Division. The first one iirc is online only. And both games I don't think have a single player campaign. So if this is like that, this upcoming gamewould be a skip to me.

I don't like how EA introduced microtransactions in some of the Star Wars games. I'm not against micros except when they affect the grind to playable characters or adding loot boxes for maximum spending.

I mean yeah I agree with that too the micro-transactions are annoying as hell. Even the in game currency and credits for Battlefront required a lottttttt of time spent playing, just to maybe unlock one particular character look. Which was very frustrating.

Fallen Order is a nice game. Thats the only ps4 game I have from Ea.

I never played the Division. The first one iirc is online only. And both games I don't think have a single player campaign. So if this is like that, this upcoming gamewould be a skip to me.

I doubt it would be like that when they specifically said in that article that it’s a story driven open world game.

This is a concept brought on by all companies. Ubisoft microtransactions a ton. The Division has so many microtransactions. The idea that has me hopeful here is that these companies are basically auditioning, and thus must put their best foot forward. That said I think EA made 3 proper Star Wars games, and only one had microtransactions, and that was taken out. Fallen Order didn't have them and I don't remember the first Battlefront having them.

I always find the general attitude towards EA confusing. Because in comparison, they are more consumer friendly then Ubisoft, 2K, WB Games, Bethesda, etc. I get that they are the big name everyone remembers and thus likes to hate, but beyond being responsible for plenty of games people love like other studios, they also screw players over less.

By all means, hate EA. But the two parent companies that Lucasflims Games have just made partnerships with, Ubisoft and Bethesda, make EA looks like the Jedi to their Sith regimes. Both are love their microtransactions and litter their games with them. They sell broken, semi-playable games. I mean, Ubisoft just had a massive sexual assault scandal, that they refuse to talk about. Their executives harassments and assaulted women like that was their jobs. That is before we get into the microtransactions and tie-in stuff.

I mean yeah I agree with that too the micro-transactions are annoying as hell. Even the in game currency and credits for Battlefront required a lottttttt of time spent playing, just to maybe unlock one particular character look. Which was very frustrating.
That is because they ripped the system out, without rebalancing. Once they rebalanced later, it was fine. But at first? Horror show.

They could be decent for open world Star Wars then. Although it might not be single player?
The Division really isn't my thing. I just hope it isn't a typical Ubisoft game. I like Assassin's Creed and Far Cry. But I don't want that for my Star Wars.

This is a concept brought on by all companies. Ubisoft microtransactions a ton. The Division has so many microtransactions. The idea that has me hopeful here is that these companies are basically auditioning, and thus must put their best foot forward. That said I think EA made 3 proper Star Wars games, and only one had microtransactions, and that was taken out. Fallen Order didn't have them and I don't remember the first Battlefront having them.

I always find the general attitude towards EA confusing. Because in comparison, they are more consumer friendly then Ubisoft, 2K, WB Games, Bethesda, etc. I get that they are the big name everyone remembers and thus likes to hate, but beyond being responsible for plenty of games people love like other studios, they also screw players over less.

By all means, hate EA. But the two parent companies that Lucasflims Games have just made partnerships with, Ubisoft and Bethesda, make EA looks like the Jedi to their Sith regimes. Both are love their microtransactions and litter their games with them. They sell broken, semi-playable games. I mean, Ubisoft just had a massive sexual assault scandal, that they refuse to talk about. Their executives harassments and assaulted women like that was their jobs. That is before we get into the microtransactions and tie-in stuff.

That is because they ripped the system out, without rebalancing. Once they rebalanced later, it was fine. But at first? Horror show.

Yep at first it was a horror show.

No more EA exclusivity: Yay
Ubisoft instead: Nay

I thought EA were the worst, but truth be told they've improved a little. Ubi might be the worst now. The Division might be the blandest thing ever blanded, but a Star Wars skin could help.

I remain hopeful for Lucasarts Games. They needed to step up in a big way on the game front, and launching this studio is a good start.

I mean, at least EA doesn't seem to be a den of sex pests, abusers, and rapists. Ubisoft literally needs to rebuild its staff from the ground up.

EA's games have been hit or miss so far, so it'll be nice to get some diversity on the developmental front. Not sure Ubisoft would be my go to choice, but we'll see.

I still want Fallen Order 2 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"