Resistance Star Wars Resistance Discussion Thread

I really want to like this show. I loved Clone Wars and Rebels. Something just isn't 'clicking' for me with it though. I seem to recall early Rebels being a bit slow while confined to Lothal, so here's hoping once it expands the story outside of the floating base more the story will pick up.
The animation still bothers me though...

It's a lot more juvenile than Rebels and the main character is very goofy, I can see why that's a turnoff to certain fans. Even Ezra wasn't this much of a goofball on Rebels.

It's a lot more juvenile than Rebels and the main character is very goofy, I can see why that's a turnoff to certain fans. Even Ezra wasn't this much of a goofball on Rebels.

Yeah, I think that's a lot of the problem I'm having with it. Honestly, I can't even recall the names of the main characters off the top of my head, unlike when I was watching the previous series. I think I just keep tuning out during the episodes until Poe, Phasma or other interesting characters appear.

I caught a bit of an episode of this show, feels like a big downgrade from Rebels and Clone Wars on all fronts. Characters were very grating on the ears and overly hyper, and the animation is ugggly. Usually I think cel-shaded CGI can look really good but this just looks so flat and lifeless. Characters' bodies look like bendy toys.

Yeah, I think that's a lot of the problem I'm having with it. Honestly, I can't even recall the names of the main characters off the top of my head, unlike when I was watching the previous series. I think I just keep tuning out during the episodes until Poe, Phasma or other interesting characters appear.

IMHO for its flaws, the characters of Rebels were a lot more...indelible. Or they were at lot more memorable at least. The original characters for Resistance don't leave as much of an impression on me.

But I think the benefit of Rebels is that they made a show that felt a lot more like classic Star Wars.

IMHO for its flaws, the characters of Rebels were a lot more...indelible. Or they were at lot more memorable at least. The original characters for Resistance don't leave as much of an impression on me.

But I think the benefit of Rebels is that they made a show that felt a lot more like classic Star Wars.

Agreed.

I caught up with the last few episodes today. They didn't really keep my attention until they began to lay some groundwork for Starkiller base.

I'm sticking with it in the hope it gets much broader, much like Rebels did.

Gotta say the past 2-3 episodes have been much better. Been interesting to see how they've developed the story of the First Order's involvement.

Kinda reminds me of the Legends book Cloak of Deception which covers a lot of the manipulations that Sidious was doing to get the Republic in a position to implode. The Plagueis Novel covered some of that as well.

Anyways... will be interesting to see where they take this by season's end, and also how next season it will lead us up to IX, since it seems like the timelines will be aligning.

yeah the independent character focused episode are rough but necessary set dressing to get to the meat of the story as it approaches it's near orbit of Force Awakens.

I can see this season basically ending with the events of TFA and destruction of the core systems. And then next season, even if they wait to start until October I can see those episodes basically happening in parallel with TLJ. It's just a matter if post Christmas break if they keep their timeline and fill in the blanks in the time between TLJ and IX... or if they'll jump forward like IX is rumored to do.

I finally caught up on the last few episodes and it's definitely improved. Although the sequels aren't my favourite part of the universe, I'm interested to see where they go with it moving forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"