Steven Spielbergs Greatest Film

I would have to say Jaws. It was such an achievement in the production department and started the whole 'blockbuster' movement.

Ibelieve that accolade goes to Thunderball.

1. Schindler's List
2. Saving Private Ryan
3. Jaws
4. Jurassic Park
5. Raiders of the Lost Ark

My rankings.

ET. That movie is still perfect. And it still leaves me in a state of emotional wreckage at the end. :csad:

1.Jurrassic Park
2. Raiders of the lost Ark
3. ET
4.Close Encounters
5.Minority Report- Doesn't get enough love, this movie is awesome.

I'm so glad he finally has some movies in actual production again, the next few years are going to be awesome.

I almost want to say Temple of Doom, just because it gets so much undeserved hate, but I think I have to go with either Jurassic Park, Raiders or Saving Private Ryan.

ET and A.I. are the highest rated for me. Two of the most emotionally resonant films I've ever seen. Very beautiful films that are even difficult to put into words.

Then there is Close Encounters of the Third Kind. Another amazing piece. I also love Catch Me If You can, all of the Indy films, Hook, Jaws, Jurassic Park, and The Terminal.

To be honest, I have little to no interest in Spielberg's "Oscar films," Munich, Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan... they just don't interest me, I don't like War films.

I actually don't know. I would say either "Jaws", "Raiders" or "E.T." but even then it's a close call. I mean, my favorite is "Jurassic Park", but I still don't think it's his best work.

1. Raiders
2. Jurassic Park
3. Jaws

Love all three of these to DEATH! :cmad: So many of his other movies are amazing though.

Raiders of the Lost Ark, his most perfectly realized work. It IS the adventure film.

All I can do is give my personal favs

1. Jaws
2. Raiders
3. Saving Private Ryan
4. Jurassic Park
5. E.T.

But you can go on and on. So many films on that list are among the greatest ever made, which makes the man himself, arguably the greastest director ever.

His Greatest Film - Schindler's List
My favorite film - Raiders of the Lost Ark

A.I is really good imo, BUT the ending is terrible wish it had ended with him at the bottom of the sea - it was the natural ending point for the film

Jaws.

I absolutely adore Raiders, but Jaws is pretty much my favourite film so I'm biased. Who'd have thought given the production difficulites that [what I consider to be] almost the 'perfect' movie (in terms of story, direction, acting and editing) would be the end result?

As mentioned previously, Jaws is the movie which simply changed how other movies were to be approached from there on in, in all aspects.

Jurassic Park for me. I'm also a huge fan of Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom, Raiders Of The Lost Ark and Jaws.

So I was ready to vote Duel and it's not on the list! :argh:

But apart from that I think Jaws is his best and then Close Encounters.

From the rest I think I don't like 2 out of 3 movies this man makes. But some of them are very good.

I like Munich, War of the Worlds, Catch Me If You Can, Minority Report and Saving Private Ryan very much.

I haven't seen Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (nor I intend to), The Terminal, Amistad, Schindler's List (I know, how can I?), Always, The Color Purple, 1941 and The Sugarland Express.

The rest are for me from meh to bad.

Raiders and Jurassic Park are in the 'meh to bad' categrory?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"