Supergirl Supergirl General Discussion Thread - - - Part 12

Why in the hell do we need a Lex/Nyxly romance to round out this season?
What was said is "Lex is not only returning, but he's finally going to fall in love with a character who is his equal, who might be named Nyxly [Peta Sergeant]," co-showrunner Jessica Queller tells EW with a laugh. There’s a love tomtom my bet is that’s what causes Lex to fall in love. It’s speculation to think any feelings last.

What was said is "Lex is not only returning, but he's finally going to fall in love with a character who is his equal, who might be named Nyxly [Peta Sergeant]," co-showrunner Jessica Queller tells EW with a laugh. There’s a love tomtom my bet is that’s what causes Lex to fall in love. It’s speculation to think any feelings last.

A love tomtom? A love Satnav? :o

The more Dean Cain speaks, the more obvious is becomes why he was poochied off the show. Also, that the scene with him and Alex coming out was not acting.

Cutesy cast interview. More entertaining (alas) than the recent episodes. :ninja:

EW interview with Melissa, here’s a big take away.

"I am not opposed to putting on the suit again and I know there probably will be opportunities to," she says. "It would have to feel right for the character and I know they would probably do it justice. I love playing with Grant Gustin. I love Tyler Hoechlin and Bitsie Tulloch on Superman & Lois. So no, I'm not opposed to it."

I believe that also means whatever Kara’s ending is it’s not death like Oliver.

'Supergirl' star Melissa Benoist is ready for tomorrow

"I am not opposed to putting on the suit again and I know there probably will be opportunities to," she says. "It would have to feel right for the character and I know they would probably do it justice. I love playing with Grant Gustin. I love Tyler Hoechlin and Bitsie Tulloch on Superman & Lois. So no, I'm not opposed to it."

I never saw death in Kara's future. Oliver mainly died because Stephen/MG didn't see Oliver as being a redeemable character outside of death.

Okay, I know every fandom has its fair share of bad apples...but I have to ask, why is the Supercorp section of the Supergirl fandom so...awful?

Look, if people want to ship, more power to them. It just feels like, and I know that Twitter isn't the best indicator, that if it doesn't revolve 100 percent around Lena and Kara specifically, or anytime a non-main character is on-screen, this section of the fandom just erupts into shrieking cats.

And now I'll step down from my soapbox.

There is NO WAY that Kara dies at the end of this.

Melissa talking about the Slaver's Moon ep being her fave because it was rare chance to do some proper space adventure just makes me wish she'd come back to do a Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow mini-series for HBO Max or something. I just caught up with that story and it's pretty much fire so far, and exactly what it sounds like she wanted to do more of. :(

I can see a Supergirl Woman of Tomorrow adaptation as well as Kara Zor-El Future State.

Im finally getting to watch season 6 and just finshed episode 6 and so far this is by far the worst season of the show. Im assuming Supergirl isnt in her show called Supergirl bc Melissa was pregnant? If thats the case then they should have just delayed the season bc this was not what they should have returned to post-COVID. Those 6 episodes are among some of the worst Ive seen in the genre. Please tell me it improves bc I found myself FF throug the prom plot just to make it to the end

Im finally getting to watch season 6 and just finshed episode 6 and so far this is by far the worst season of the show. Im assuming Supergirl isnt in her show called Supergirl bc Melissa was pregnant? If thats the case then they should have just delayed the season bc this was not what they should have returned to post-COVID. Those 6 episodes are among some of the worst Ive seen in the genre. Please tell me it improves bc I found myself FF throug the prom plot just to make it to the end

I would say that everything post-Phantom Zone is nowhere near as interesting as the pre-Phantom Zone stuff. It's kind of like how all the pre-Crisis stuff on The Flash was, in my opinion, much stronger than all the post-Crisis stuff.

YIKES! Would you say its worth continuing as someone who was there from the beginning?

I have a soft spot for the character. And I’ve watched the series since the beginning. So I was induced to see it through to the end. But it was a chore. Indeed, I’m at a loss to think of a worse hour-long TV drama.

Yes, the season gets more enjoyable once the cast gets back together, imo. I don't even count those first 7 eps as part of the actual season, tbh; just like some weird interlude/prologue best forgotten, lol. I mean don't get me wrong, it's still far from one of the show's best seasons and is easily their silliest, but I still rank S1 and S5 below it. Those felt like more of a chore to me that have very little I'd ever like to revisit. This one has SOME stuff I'll want to revisit, at least. The new Big Bad here is a solid character and the main cast dynamics get some really nice moments in the latter half. If you've been with it from the beginning and the cast and their chemistry are what's kept you watching, I'd say it's worth it to see the characters get their proper endings, as there were legitimate efforts made to payoff ALL their arcs.

I would argue that if you are interested in the big final plot, then no, the season doesn't necessarily get better in those terms.

However, how the plot allows some nice character moments is how the season improves. The plot is really just a vehicle to allow us to say good bye to these characters.

The highlights of the 6th season are the 2-part Midvale and the series finale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"