• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Supergirl Supergirl Season 2 Episode 5 - "Crossfire" MAJOR SPOILERS

I really enjoyed this episode. In fact I enjoyed every single thing about this episode apart from one so I guess that's what I should talk about.

Jimmy Olsen really brings this show down and the best thing to do would be write him out of it. There I said it.

Actor is fine, he's just horribly cast and written and I find myself cringing at all his scenes. I don't get why they had him play this part.

I thought it was another fun episode.

Like my Smallville days, the title just made me think of this...

[YT]rCwn1NTK-50[/YT]

Speaking of Smallville, I think the dude who had a few lines at the CatCo news meeting is the same guy who played Ron Troupe...

http://smallville.wikia.com/wiki/Ron_Troupe

I think a lot of us learned the word crossfire from that board game.

overall, another solid ep - aside from the James/Guardian stuff which just feels rushed.

Kara went from being an assistant at CatCo to being a fully costumed superhero that saves the city all in one episode.
James doesn't even have a costume yet so how is he being rushed? All we've seen of him so far is getting into a couple of fights with ordinary humans and getting his butt kicked both times.

And don't worry I know it's not a complaint.

oh I put this article up in the general thread.

[FONT=&quot]DC[/FONT]
Supergirl Star Melissa Benoist On How Tonight's Revelation Impacts Kara's Relationship With Alex
Quote:
Spoilers ahead for tonight's episode of Supergirl, titled "Crossfire."
In the final moments of tonight's episode of Supergirl, there's a game-changing revelation for Alex Danvers -- one that audiences have likely seen coming for a while now.

[FONT="]
Learn More

Quote:

[/FONT]

I'd say that article over-reached a little bit.

Alex is not in love with Maggie. Not yet. She is attracted to Maggie, and there is a big difference there.

I'd also say that there is no question as to whether she is lesbian or bi. The way she described her past physical relations (with men) in that they were basically uncomfortable and unfulfilling pretty much puts the nails in the Bi-Coffin.

I doubt there's going to be a 'return-to-man-moment,' for Alex. Whether this turns out to be just a test for her or she goes in whole-hog, she's playing with her own team from here on out.

Which I think is good, as there is no reason to be 'wishy-washy' about it.

Kara went from being an assistant at CatCo to being a fully costumed superhero that saves the city all in one episode.
James doesn't even have a costume yet so how is he being rushed? All we've seen of him so far is getting into a couple of fights with ordinary humans and getting his butt kicked both times.

it's more his motivation to suddenly want to be an active vigilante of justice.

it just feels so sudden, like it hasn't been written properly or properly developed.

the seeds for this character turn should have been planted at least several episodes ago.

show James feeling a growing frustration with always being a "sidekick" and not playing an active role in saving/helping people. let it build up, and then this ep would be the final straw for James.

Good episode, but that's the second time now they've written the glasses as if they actually conceal one's identity. It always takes me right out of the story when the use of the glasses is treated that way. There's better ways to address it than "I look like a totally different person thanks to these!"

Is Lena the same character as Tess Mercer in Smallville? I can't remember who she turned out to be except that she was a Luthor.

Is Lena the same character as Tess Mercer in Smallville? I can't remember who she turned out to be except that she was a Luthor.
Technically yes, as we learned at some point that Tess's real name was Lutessa Lena Luthor, but I doubt the characters will otherwise have many similarities.

I'd say that article over-reached a little bit.

Alex is not in love with Maggie. Not yet. She is attracted to Maggie, and there is a big difference there.

I agree here
I'd also say that there is no question as to whether she is lesbian or bi. The way she described her past physical relations (with men) in that they were basically uncomfortable and unfulfilling pretty much puts the nails in the Bi-Coffin.

Hmm, I'm gonna start by while agree that she head to being lesbian only and souly.

I had a talk with my sister that watch's the show before she(my sister took off for home and from what the both heard of alex's description was she stated she was under pressure from her mom( we know what kinda pressure her put on her) to be perfect and she was also watching over kara and then her Dad disappeared which made it all sound like Alex was over stressed most of her life and when she dating she stated she couldn't be
Intimate

Alex never used the words uncomfortable she just said she couldn't be
Intimate

My sister said this and made me watchthe scene ove, r Alex never literally never used the words uncomfortable .

that said, yes were both sure she'll be headed down to girls only road .

unless thwriteremake her say other wise. (which like not to happen)

I doubt there's going to be a 'return-to-man-moment,' for Alex. Whether this turns out to be just a test for her or she goes in whole-hog, she's playing with her own team from here on out.

very likely and we'll likely see her head there once she done figuring thing's out for her self .

Which I think is good, as there is no reason to be 'wishy-washy' about it.

I doubt she'll flip flop. she's just still trying to figure things out for her self. but it's likely she'll be girls only.

wait......so Lena's Mom is the Cadmus lady, right??

Apparently. Since Lena said she was adopted, we'll have to see if it's her birth mother (and, therefore, not Lex's mom) or if it's Lex's mom.

I don't remember Lex ever having a mother in any live action. What happened to the mother in Smallville who was married to Lionel Luthor?

I also hope Lex Luthor in the Supergirl universe isn't a buffoon like Jessie Eisenberg or even Gene Hackman or Kevin Spacey. I'd rather he were more like Michael Rosenbaum.

If I remember correctly, Lex's mom in Smallville died of an illness. He mentions it to Clark in at least one episode.

I loved this episode, Kara and Mon-El are the cutest. The episode was a lotta fun. I'll give this one 8/10.

Why did Chyler not stick around at the end of that conversation with Maggie? She suddenly felt the need to go when Maggie pressed her more about what she wanted to say, and after Chyler couldn't even say things explicitly. Was she embarrassed?

Damn you Kara, I want to know more.... :oldrazz:

tumblr_ogb11bxdkr1qdhizao1_250.gif
tumblr_ogb11bxdkr1qdhizao2_250.gif

tumblr_ogb11bxdkr1qdhizao3_250.gif
tumblr_ogb11bxdkr1qdhizao4_250.gif

Lol. Kara is dressed like Dennis the Menace.

Why did Chyler not stick around at the end of that conversation with Maggie? She suddenly felt the need to go when Maggie pressed her more about what she wanted to say, and after Chyler couldn't even say things explicitly. Was she embarrassed?

Well I think, it was late and she just wanted to go home. :o

Well I think, it was late and she just wanted to go home. :o

I think it is a struggle at the moment for her, which is VERY REAL for many who have a fear of coming out....I have a feeling the writers have personal experience, maybe not in themselves, but people they know that have gone through the same struggle. I think they want to make this as raw and real as possible, as does Chyler I'm sure, and that will be seen in the writing and portrayal of Alex.

I think it is a struggle at the moment for her, which is VERY REAL for many who have a fear of coming out....I have a feeling the writers have personal experience, maybe not in themselves, but people they know that have gone through the same struggle. I think they want to make this as raw and real as possible, as does Chyler I'm sure, and that will be seen in the writing and portrayal of Alex.

Does seem like the writer's are taking it seriously and doing a very good job at it. I like the way they are treating the whole deal with Alex possibly having lesbian inclinations. As someone who has no idea about this, her feelings and like you said, the struggle to come to terms with it feel very natural to me.

Greg Berlanti is gay, so he may well have experienced the things Alex is going through. I have a feeling he is taking a very active role in the development of Alex Danvers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"