World Superman: The Movie: Original Theatrical Audio Mix?

dkamphaus43

Civilian
Reaction score
As many of you may realize, the original dolby 2.0 audio mix for the Superman movie was remixed in 5.1 for the DVD release in 2001. And supposedly, many of the original sound effects had to be rerecorded (I don't totally buy this though). But the recent four-disc special edition of the movie was supposed to include the original 2.0 audio for the disc containing the original theatrical release, and because of a manufacturing error, it didn't, so they set up a system for getting a replacement disc with the correct audio.

Well, I'm just wondering, has anybody gotten the replacement disc? And does it actually have the original theatrical audio mix? And how good does it sound on DVD? I'm just wondering because I for one can't stand what the 5.1 mix has done to the movie, those rerecorded sound effects just sound absolutely abyssmal and artificial (especially during the opening credits) and don't compliment the musical score at all. Maybe because I'm a diehard film purist, but those new sound effects completely ruined the movie for me. And I can't tell you how sick I am of studios and filmmakers doing this to the audio tracks of my favorite movies (other DVD releases which have had their audio tracks butchered by remixing are Jaws, The Godfather, The Terminator, Star Wars, and too many to really list).

But anyway, could somebody please give me some clarification on the replacement disc and the quality of the original theatrical audio mix?

I got my replacement disc about two months after buying the set, I don't really care what the sound is the movie looks fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"