• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Superman's Metropolis Debut

I was going of this part of one of your previous posts in the thread.

If we see Superman saving various trapped crew members who felt certain they were going to die, it would give that POV of being saved by Superman.

Ah yes, I see what you mean now, and yeah that would be great too.

Just because something has been done before shouldn't disqualify it. I mean in the end all things are bound to be repeated. It's all in the way you do it.

i agree.
I mean, they are rebooting the whole franchise, to say a similar sequence to a previous movie or from another franchise won't work is ignoring the pink elephant in teh room.

Last edited:
I agree that if this is going to be an origin story, the public could be wary of Supes at first. No automatic acceptance.

I can't decide if this is lame or not:
I like it when they film a scene in a certain way, and the main character (in this case, Supes) is moving at normal speed, but all the other charcters in frame are moving in slow motion. It's done to show the main character moving at super speed.
When it's done correctly, i like it. I've seen it done wrong, though, and it looked awful.

Clark could be at a press briefing of a world leader. Clark has noticed the leader's tie is crooked, and he's mentioned it to Lois a couple of times, suddenly there's an assasination attempt. Using the slo mo/regular speed technique, Clark changes to Supes, stops the assasination attempt by catching the bullet or whatever. Still in the slo mo mode, Supes gets ready to leave, but stops, goes back, and straightens the leader's tie. Cut back to regular speed.

I agree that if this is going to be an origin story, the public could be wary of Supes at first. No automatic acceptance.

I can't decide if this is lame or not:
I like it when they film a scene in a certain way, and the main character (in this case, Supes) is moving at normal speed, but all the other charcters in frame are moving in slow motion. It's done to show the main character moving at super speed.
When it's done correctly, i like it. I've seen it done wrong, though, and it looked awful.

Clark could be at a press briefing of a world leader. Clark has noticed the leader's tie is crooked, and he's mentioned it to Lois a couple of times, suddenly there's an assasination attempt. Using the slo mo/regular speed technique, Clark changes to Supes, stops the assasination attempt by catching the bullet or whatever. Still in the slo mo mode, Supes gets ready to leave, but stops, goes back, and straightens the leader's tie. Cut back to regular speed.

Well it certainly brought a smile to my face :)

I don't know... The 'people freezing' slow motion was awesome the first few times it was used in Smallville. But after the 60th time, it's sort of lost it's draw for me.

Besides, Snyder over uses slow mo as it is. Don't give him room for any more :p

Sorry for bringing Sr up, but sort of how Richard the kid and Lois were in the boat when it started to sink right? For sec I actually thought they were gonna die

Yeah that is a great example of that realisation of Supes ability to save a life.

Ah yes, I see what you mean now, and yeah that would be great too.

:up:

This could be quite good if executed well, as it lends a bit of humour to things and that has always been part of Superman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"