The Amazing Spider-Man TASM Easter eggs, foreshadowing, and other references!

:funny:

I keep saying this, TSSM is the BEST thing about Spider-Man in any form of media.

1. Spider-Man 2
2. Spider-Man
3. Spider-Man: TAS (90s)
4. Spectacular Spider-Man
5. The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)
6. Spider-Man: TAS (60s)
7. Spider-Man 3
8. Spider-Man: The New Animated Series
9. Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends
10. Ultimate Spider-Man
11. Spider-Man: TAS (80s)

:funny:

I keep saying this, TSSM is the BEST thing about Spider-Man in any form of media.

I love The Amazing Spider-Man but even I can agree with this most definitely :up: I swear, if I'm ever rich, Greg and Sean are getting a private commission for Season 3 of the show in graphic novel form... :oldrazz:

I love The Amazing Spider-Man but even I can agree with this most definitely :up: I swear, if I'm ever rich, Greg and Sean are getting a private commission for Season 3 of the show in graphic novel form... :oldrazz:

I would do exactly the same :woot:

1. Spider-Man 2
2. Spider-Man
7. Spider-Man 3
10. Ultimate Spider-Man

Hrm, let's see...if I had to rank them, I think it will be...

1. The Spectacular Spider-Man
2. Spider-Man 2
3. Spider-Man
4. Spider-Man:TAS
5. The Amazing Spider-Man
6. Spider-Man Unlimited
7. Spider-Man:TNAS
8. Spider-Man 3
9. Ultimate Spider-Man

Never really had time to watch the other ones where I could enjoy them.

I'd do exactly that. Or be super rich and just pay the way for them to continue the series in animated form, but for my eyes only, haha.

I fully support this.

It could be argued that Spider-Man: The New Animated Series had a conclusion. He quit. I don't know if a second season was planned.

True but seeing as nothing ever came of the hunt for him following Indys death then that could be seen as an unresolved ending albeit not a cliffhanger. I imagine Bendis wanted a second season though

IDK, if SSM was on longer maybe I would rank it higher.

IDK, if SSM was on longer maybe I would rank it higher.

I love it because it takes the best of Spider-Man from all of the different versions up until that point and combines it into an engaging and coherent series. I loved the way all the villains were treated as characters in their own right and not just as punching bags, and how most were set up before they became villains. I loved the way they pulled off the Green Goblin. I pretty much loved everything about it; it was just perfect Spider-Man for me, it's so disappointing that it was cancelled.

If we're ranking Spider-Man in different media:
2. The Amazing Spider-Man
3. Spider-Man: The Animated Series (90s)
4. Spider-Man 2
5. Spider-Man
6. Spider-Man: The New Animated Series
7. Spider-Man 3
8. Ultimate Spider-Man

I love it because it takes the best of Spider-Man from all of the different versions up until that point and combines it into an engaging and coherent series. I loved the way all the villains were treated as characters in their own right and not just as punching bags, and how most were set up before they became villains. I loved the way they pulled off the Green Goblin. I pretty much loved everything about it; it was just perfect Spider-Man for me, it's so disappointing that it was cancelled.

If we're ranking Spider-Man in different media:
2. The Amazing Spider-Man
3. Spider-Man: The Animated Series (90s)
4. Spider-Man 2
5. Spider-Man
6. Spider-Man: The New Animated Series
7. Spider-Man 3
8. Ultimate Spider-Man

I really want to see a good live-action Spider-Man series one day. Other than the cost being too high, I think it could happen. Maybe in 5-10 years when CGI on television becomes better and cheaper, it could happen. You could have Kingpin as the main villain that appears throughout the entire series, and feature other villains that don't require much CGI: Kraven, Chamelion, Shocker, Rhino, rocket racer, silver sable, black cat, etc.

I really want to see a good live-action Spider-Man series one day. Other than the cost being too high, I think it could happen. Maybe in 5-10 years when CGI on television becomes better and cheaper, it could happen. You could have Kingpin as the main villain that appears throughout the entire series, and feature other villains that don't require much CGI: Kraven, Chamelion, Shocker, Rhino, rocket racer, silver sable, black cat, etc.

That would actually be pretty awesome. TSSM proved that the Spider-Man mythos lends itself well to the television series format, so a live-action series would take that to the next level :up:

Not necessarily... If they use Picard's villain suggestions, and go for maybe a six-part series, I don't think it would be hugely budget-eating. The Walking Dead can pull off the production values of a blockbuster zombie film in an eighteen episode season, after all.

Not necessarily... If they use Picard's villain suggestions, and go for maybe a six-part series, I don't think it would be hugely budget-eating. The Walking Dead can pull off the production values of a blockbuster zombie film in an eighteen episode season, after all.

That may be true but I think the biggest chunk of money would come from the CGI portion. Walking Dead has virtually none...at least, none that I am aware of but I only just finished season 2. lol, Don't spoil me! :woot:

I think a Spidey live-action TV series would be a great idea as long as it was done in the same vein as TSSM. If it were anything like the new Ultimate cartoon...well, yuck.

That may be true but I think the biggest chunk of money would come from the CGI portion. Walking Dead has virtually none...at least, none that I am aware of but I only just finished season 2. lol, Don't spoil me! :woot:

I think a Spidey live-action TV series would be a great idea as long as it was done in the same vein as TSSM. If it were anything like the new Ultimate cartoon...well, yuck.

True :p But TASM proves that web-swinging can be done practically, and even so a lot of other shows manage CGI fairly well on a regular basis.

As I say, I think it would work best as a serialised six-part piece, with him being bitten in Episode 1 but maybe not becoming Spider-Man proper until the end of the season. Perhaps it would only need to feature one or two villains at that. I dunno, will probably never happen, but it's nice to dream!

Yep. A Spider-Man series, even if for a six parter or something like that, would still call for a lot of CGI simply because it's Spidey swinging through NYC unless we have a Spidey that doesn't use webbing.

At the end, on the chalkboard it is written "page 250"
Could this be a reference or forshadoing to this? And if so, would you be excited to see HobGolbin in TASM2?

AmazingSpider-Man250.jpg

That would actually be pretty awesome. TSSM proved that the Spider-Man mythos lends itself well to the television series format, so a live-action series would take that to the next level :up:
:up:
Although, the budget would have to be huge.
Yeah, unfortunately. That's why I was suggesting it could happen in 5-10 years... maybe more.

They only use CGI for the zombies though. Compared to Spider-Man, that's nothing.

:up: I don't think it would be like the USM cartoon at all.
Yep. A Spider-Man series, even if for a six parter or something like that, would still call for a lot of CGI simply because it's Spidey swinging through NYC unless we have a Spidey that doesn't use webbing.
It would definitely require CGI.

Me neither.

One goblin is enough and while that can be why Harry is never a "goblin" in Spider-Man 3, he's still called New Goblin and two goblins aren't needed.

Being introduced to Spider-Man by the 90's animated series, out of sheer nostalgia I guess, I prefer Hobgoblin's look to Green Goblin. Though there's much more meat in Green Goblin's story

I'd actually love to see some variation on the hobgoblin saga, but not anytime soon. They gotta do that right. May the next series (or after) if they can do some type of gang war story. But it has to be down the line a ways after Norman has come and gone.

1. Spider-Man 2
2. Spider-Man
7. Spider-Man 3
10. Ultimate Spider-Man

:) love ranking sht