• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ten Batman Questions

BH/HHH

You Are My World
Reaction score
1) What's Your Earliest Memory of Batman?

Its either watching Batman '89 or the Adam West series, I really can't remember what I saw first. I think though it was Batman the Animated Series that made that made me a Batman fan.

2) What's Your Favourite Batman comics story?

Year One, I'm sure many will say The Dark Knight Returns which is a great hook but a little overrated in my opinion, plus the portrayal of my number 201 hero Superman leaves me a little cold.

3) Which Batman film is your favourite?

Batman Begins

4) Why is that film your favourite?

I love origin stories and they nailed Batman's here. I love this film from start to finish and I think its what I'd call a Batman film that leaves you excited for the future.

5) Who is Your Batman? (live action or animated)

Live action: Michael Keaton, he was the first true live action Batman I loved. Of course Bale nailed the role but for me Keaton will always be Batman.

6) Which of Batman's villains is your favourite?

The Joker, it just has to be, Batman probably has the single best rogues gallery in comics and the Joker is the godfather of super villains.

7) What's been the biggest disappointment as a Batman fan?

The Dark Knight Rises, it wasn't a bad film at all it just wasn't what I wanted. I think Nolan's trilogy could have been great groundwork for an ongoing series of Batman films and he ended it. I also hated Bane's voice and the fact we hardly saw Batman.

8) Are you happy about the casting of Ben Affleck in Superman vs Batman?

Yes very happy, he never crossed my mind either

9) Which actor past or present would you have wanted to play Batman?

Before Affleck's casting I really wanted Ryan Gosling or Rob Kazinsky. But of course as sone may agree I really would have loved to have seen what Clint Eastwood had done in the role back in the day.

10) What storyline and villains would you want in the next solo Batman film?

Court of Owls, its a truly epic story, I think you could take the premise and adapt it into something amazing.

The Animated Series. It was a huge part of my childhood, and still is to this day.

Killing Joke. Alan Moore is one weird guy, but the story is greatness.

Batman 89

Simply because it was the first one I watched as a kid, and Elfman's score is legendary.

Kevin Conroy, forever and always.

While it always used to be Hamill's Joker, I'm gonna go with Mr. Freeze. 'Heart of Ice' in BTAS was one of the best episodes of the entire show, and Michael Ansara was great as Freeze.

Nolan closing the book on any other superheros living in his movie universe, I really wanted to see Bale's Batman alongside other heros. But now that i look at it, I'm glad that didn't happen, because I believe The Fleck will be a better Bruce Wayne/Batman thanBale. Also The Dark Knight Rises, as many of you already know.

Ecstatic. While I never even thought about him as a possibility (mostly because I thought he'd never do another hero movie because of Daredevil, I thought he did good though), just look at him and tell me he doesn't scream Bruce Wayne. He's a fan of the comics and this is a role he's always coveted. He's an Oscar winning director and The Town is one of my favorite movies ever. I think he's gonna be the best big screen Batman to date.

Jon Hamm, always thought he would've made a great older Bruce/Batman.

Would like to see Killing Joke or Death in the Family, but don't think it'll ever happen due to the fact that an R-Rated Batman movie will never be made.

As a kid, I had liked all the Christopher Reeve Superman movies, so my parents figured I'd like the Adams West Batman because of the same tone and similar costumes. When I was a kid I remember thinking it was an action movie, not realizing how stupid and comedic it really was. It was either that or being real small and seeing Batman with Michael Keaton, I am not sure which I saw first.

I have not read many comics, but the one of the Dark Knight Returns I do remember reading and I liked it.

The Dark Knight

I loved the Joker, I thought it was about as serious and creepy as they could go with a character that dresses like a clown, and I actually liked the Batman suit better because it was not as bulky looking as the one in Batman Begins.

Christian Bale.

Joker after seeing in the movies, definitely the Joker.

The one with Val Kilmer, after I saw Batman turned so campy it flashed me back to the Adam West Batman and then when the one with Clooney came out, I expected garbage anyway so I was not disappointed.

I thought of him along with Brolin and I thought he was a good choice, I thought he was good in Argo and I liked The Town a lot so I was happy.

At anytime, I would have probably wanted Clint Eastwood.

Probably a fresh reboot in a few years. If it were for right now, then The Dark Knight Returns, or a Batman Beyond.

Batman: The Animated Series and the Burton/Schumacher films. Huge parts of my childhood, especially the former.

Either The Killing Joke or The Long Halloween.

The Dark Knight.

I would be beating a dead-horse at this point. :o

Live action: Christian Bale
Animated: Kevin Conroy(MY definitive Batman)

Joker, Ra's Al Ghul, and Bane are probably in my top 3.

Not really sure. I would have to think about that.

Within the first 4 minutes of the announcement, I was beyond shocked. But, almost instantly, I was SUPER excited. And still am.

Josh Brolin and even that choice I wasn't entirely keen on.

Last edited:
1. VHS tapes; Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Mask of the Phantasm

2. Hmm, I guess TDKR.

3. The Dark Knight

4. Great action, engaging story, Gordon, Joker, and Two-Face done right.

5. West is absolutely lovable. Keaton is the most believable and therefore the best performance as Batman of all. Bale is closer to what I prefer Batman to be, so I like his the most of all live action Batmen. All that being said, my favorite is the TAS version.

6. Joker, Ra's, Catwoman

7. Affleck's casting (Don't start)

8. --

9. I don't know.

10. Riddler

the Super Friends cartoon series and the Adam West series were probably my most earliest. but the one that stands out the most for me and when i became a HUGE fan was definitely Tim Burton's Batman

Dark Knight Returns and Knightfall

it's a toss up between The Dark Knight, Batman Begins, and Batman '89

The Dark Knight had the best story and most stand out performances. Batman Begins, I love the origin story. and Batman '89 more so for nostalgia but the film is great. Jack's Joker was hilarious!

Bale and Keaton. i thought Val Kilmer was awesome as well but too bad he got stuck in a crappy movie.

without a doubt the Joker

Batman Forever and Batman & Robin. also, the cancellation of Beware The Batman :csad:

i am pleasantly surprised. i think Affleck will do an excellent job and surprise many people. by Summer 2016, everyone will forget about Daredevil

Alec Baldwin and Jon Hamm

not quite sure. but i would love to see villains we haven't seen before (Man-Bat, Hush, Black Mask, etc.) or villains that need to be done right (Mr. Freeze, Riddler, Penguin, etc.)

The Adam West Batman movie, thought it was hilarious and awesome.

Year One

Batman Begins

Bale gives his best performance in this one, and it doesn't fall victim to the common problem of the villain overshadowing everyone, Batman is the main character, and his origin is handled flawlessly.

Christian Bale, as said above his performance in Begins is amazing, and he does a damn good job in the sequels despite them taking the voice too far in TDK and TDKR

Joker, Has been a perfect foil to Batman since he was created and is easily one of the greatest villains of all time in any medium. He might actually be too good a villain since he has a tendency to overshadow pretty much everyone.

Not seeing a serious attempt at translating the comics batsuit to screen in any of the films yet (hope Superman/Batman fixes this.)

Not gonna lie. I laughed for a good 10 minutes when I heard about it, so left field, and not a name that anyone had mentioned for the part in casting threads. I think he's gonna kill it though.

Would've been cool to see Baldwin as Bats instead of Keaton in 89, I think it would've been a much better film for it. Armitage was my choice for Bats pre Batfleck casting.

Not sure about stories. But I'd like to see some lesser known villains like Hatter, Deadshot, etc. in a solo film, Bats has one of the best rogues galleries of all time so I'd like to see it explored more thoroughly.

Fantastic thread.

BTAS is what got me into Batman

The Long Halloween, Hush, and Dark Victory

probably a tie between The Dark Knight and Batman

The Dark Knight doesn't need to be explained.. Batman 89 is a movie I'll never ever get tired of though. I always put on old Batman movies before I go to sleep. The 89-90s Batman movies just make me feel comfortable like no other movies can. I watched them all so often as a kid, I'll always love them. Even Batman and Robin.

I love Keaton and I love Bale, but Conroy all the way.

Obviously Joker.

Having to wait 8 years from Batman and Robin to Batman Begins was disappointing because they'd constantly announce they were working on new iterations of Batman, and they'd never come to be. So all those failed Batman movies were what disappointed me the most.

Unexpected choice, but yeah I can't wait.

Jon Hamm or young Alec Baldwin

I really want Robin and Mr. Freeze to be involved. But I'd also like an adaptation of the Arkham Asylum game.

Court of Owls, TLH, Dark Victory, and Hush could be interesting storylines to take influence from too

Batman TAS. Being born in the 90's and watching a lot of TV as a kid, it was the Batman that was always there for me since the beginning. I didn't see any of the live-action films until later in my childhood (except for Batman Forever).

The funny thing is that when I was really young, I used to think Batman TAS was in the same universe as other WB animated series like Animaniacs and Pink & the Brain. It just gave off that classic WB cartoon vibe.

This is usually a tough one for me, but I'm going to go with The Long Halloween. I don't even consider it the best, but I think it has the perfect tonal balance between the gritty realistic 80's crime tone of Year One and the more "comic booky" supervillain-driven stories we see in most Batman runs of today. I just love the way "freaks" were incorporated with regular gangsters like Falcone in that book. I only wish more Batman stories had that balance. Then again, this takes place during the transition from regular Gotham to "freak Gotham", which I guess contributed to that perfect balance.

Mask of the Phantasm.

I don't even know where to begin. I love Andrea - she is my favorite Batman love interest in all mediums. I love Bruce's relationship with Andrea and the parallels between them. I love all the themes and messages regarding Batman's no-kill code and how that separates him from other vigilantes. I love the themes regarding happiness and seeing Bruce want to be happy, only for Batman to take over at the end of the day (both in the flashbacks and present day). I love all aspects of Batman's origin and the iconic shots - Bruce putting on the mask, the swarm of bats flying over him and Andrea, etc. I love the visuals and Shirley Walker's score. The list just goes on. Really underrated film IMO.

Kevin Conroy. More specifically, DCAU's Batman.

The Joker. Not just my favorite Batman villain, but favorite comic book villain overall. I would explain why, but I think it is self-explanatory.

Probably a tie between The Dark Knight Rises and the lack of the "world's greatest detective" in the movies.

No. I don't think he will do a bad job, but I don't think he'll do anything to blow me away either. I'm not expecting an Oscar Ledger-like worthy performance, but I want to see an actor in the role that I can consider the definitive take on the character. When I see Reeve/RDJ/Andrew Garfield/Hugh Jackman in their respective roles, I see them as a perfect cast. I think even Cavill has the potential to be on par with Reeves (or even better) with time and better scripts/movies. But with Affleck, I'm kinda expecting another Keaton/Bale in terms of quality. I liked both Bale and Keaton in the role, but they weren't untouchable. They weren't perfect casting. Heck if anything, I'm expecting from Affleck a bit less than what I got from Bale. Affleck is a fantastic director and writer but acting-wise, I think he is a step down from Bale.

However, I will say this. I am far more disappointed in the reasons behind Affleck's casting than in the casting of Affleck itself. For 2 reasons:

1) It is stunt casting. In a nutshell, they gave him a call and asked him to be Batman and he said yes. With there being a new Batman so soon after Nolan's still-fresh successful trilogy in people's heads, it seems WB feared backlash from the GA. Instead of looking for the best actor for the part, they decided to look for an A-list name. And what better A-list name than the director of the (at that time) recently critically acclaimed Argo? Stunt casting isn't automatically bad casting though. It doesn't mean Affleck will do a bad job, but it does show WB's attitude towards the film.

2) I don't like the direction and characterization they're going with. I'm not a fan of Batman being around a decade older than Superman. I already ranted on this several times so I won't get into it again.

Benedict Cumberbatch, Michael Fassbender, Liam McIntyre, and Luke Evans. I also wanted Clint Eastwood for a Batman Beyond film.

I want to see either the Riddler or Hugo Strange as the main villain.

Regarding your answer (the Court of Owls), I think that would work if 1) they did major changes for the second half and 2) it took place in Bruce's early career as Batman (which is not possible in this film universe).

The Adam West TV series

I have a number of favorites, some of which include but aren't limited to:
Dark Victory
The Long Halloween
The Dark Knight Returns
Broken City
Fugitive and Murderer
The Wall

The Dark Knight

Although I have quite a few problems with Goyer and Nolan's take on Batman, I certainly applaud them both for establishing a world in which the character, distilled to the basic core, could finally return to his darker roots; and The Dark Knight, to me, is the high point of their achievement in that regard.

Kevin Conroy

The Joker

That the character has yet to be presented on film in his purist, undiluted form. I'm also still waiting for a Batman costume that actually does justice to the suits depicted in the original source material. Here's hoping that Zack Snyder is the man to, at long last, deliver us the goods!

I'm more than satisfied with Affleck's casting as Batman.

My view of the character is far too idealized to visualize any actor -- living or dead -- in the role.

The Court of Owls; Dr. Thomas Elliot (Hush)

Last edited:

Clooney's batman on TV.

Long Halloween, Dark victory, Hush

The Dark Knight and BB are tied.

They raised the bar for CBMs and showed us that they can be examples of great film-making.

Bale. But I also really like the one from Batman the animated series.

The Joker.

The Dark Knight Rises. Not terrible and had some good moments, but I had high expectations after The Dark Knight.

I wasn't at first, but have come around. Looking forward to a new Bats on screen.

I liked Richard Armitage for the role or even Gosling.

Some different villains we didn't get with Nolan would be nice like Riddler and penguin.

Seeing Tim Burton's Batman in 1989 with my parents at the theater. I was 2, and YES, I remember it wholeheartedly. And it was an old-fashioned movie theater that ended up getting shut down because the cost to repair it was way too much, and Batman was the first and last time I was at that theater.

I'm loving the New 52 Batman, Court of Owls in particular.
As far as the classics, The Killing Joke is untouchable.
I find the entire Knightfall arc completely addicting and compulsively readable, and it spans somewhere around 75+ comics in total.
The Long Halloween is amazing.

Batman Returns.

First, the scene where we see Bruce waiting in his chair in the dark, and the Bat Signal shines into the room... that scene has still summed up the character more than any live action film. The other reason is that I think this interpretation of Batman in general was the best. It was a very subtle performance from Keaton, there were no "Look at me!" moments. The whole character was very reserved and held back in a brilliant way. It was a great tease.

People like to complain about this movie because "It's not a Batman movie" because he's hardly in it, and the focus tends to be on Catwoman and Penguin... but I think that's EXACTLY what Batman is all about. He's quiet, he's behind the scenes, he's in the shadows not doing much. His rogues gallery is supposed to bring all the attention on themselves because they're so vibrant and colorful. Batman isn't there to get anyone's attention. He's just doing his own thing in the Batcave, not being noticed. It's PERFECT.

I have to go with Christian Bale. Magically insert Christian Bale into Batman Returns and I'm a happy boy.

Man... I feel like The Joker doesn't count because he just is Batman's #1 villain. No contest. It's almost lame to choose him because it's so obviously the case... so I'm gonna say... Bane. Not because of The Dark Knight Rises either. I just think he's a very important character to the history of the comics. Up to that point, he debuted and immediately became a symbol of something no other villain had reached before.

I have three answers:

1. I wish there was more effort to do an animated series like Batman: The Animated Series. That was the perfect interpretation of the character, and they keep taking steps back with The Brave and the Bold, Beware the Batman, and The Batman... I wish they could take everything about Under the Red Hood (even the animation) and make that a half-hour show every week. Just a massive, multi-season series that showcases his origin from the beginning and keeps trucking with all the major checkpoints in the history of the comics.

2. I wish people were more accepting of the two Schumacher films. They are just as valid as any other live action film, in my opinion. Open up any comic book in the 1950's and 1960's, and Schumacher was almost holding back from how ridiculous it all was. Batman comics started getting really dark and serious with Frank Miller and continued in 1989 with Tim Burton and Legends of the Dark Knight. The argument is essentially that everything from 1939 to 1989 isn't really Batman, and it's 50 years of the wrong interpretation. I disagree wholeheartedly. He's been silly longer than he's been serious.

3. I wish Burton/Keaton could've made a third film. I wish we could've sat here and discussed The Burton/Keaton Trilogy and The Nolan/Bale Trilogy. :csad:

When it was announced, I was very much thinking, "Whaaaat?" and was very skeptical, but now the idea has COMPLETELY grown on me. It's almost such an obvious choice, it's almost too obvious, so that's why you'd never consider it. And then when they actually cast him, you think, "Well, of course. It's perfect." So I think it's perfect.

Alec Baldwin, right around the time The Shadow came out in 1994. I would've replaced Val Kilmer and George Clooney with Baldwin in both Schumacher films.

Animated - The Killing Joke
Live Action - I think the world is ready for Mr. Freeze again. If not, a Riddler/Penguin team-up.

Last edited:
The Adam West TV series from the 60's. I watched it first run.

Year One

Batman Begins

The serious real worldlyness of it.

Christian Bale.

Joker

The Dark Knight Returns.

Yes, I have no problem with this.

In the 80's, Ronn Moss would gave been good.

An original story with a psycho Joker.

I wanna say the Animated series or Batman

It's a tough battle between The along Halloween Year 100 and battle for the Cowel

If I have to pick one it The Long Halloween

Batman Begins

I love Ra's Al Ghul and the idea of him training Batman was fascinating plus after the near 50 false starts on Batman I was super psyched to see this film.

Right now I would say Keaton or Conroy both really redefined batman though it's hard to choose between them

Ra's Al Ghul because he is just awesome.

Batman and Robin. While I wasn't thrilled with the Dark Knight Rises I still can't forgive batman and Robin for existing the film was aweful and failed epically on every level shame as Mr Freeze is my third favorite villain.

Yes EXTREMLY happy. Looking foward to that first pic of him in the suit.

Bradley Cooper or Liam Hemsworth were my initial choices before Affleck got cast.

I would love to see a sort of hush trilogy which utilizes villians never seen before and at the end of third movie Hush explains how he was behind the events of the first two films in a "OMG no way" kind of moment.

Villians I would love to see utilized in this trilogy

Mr. Freeze and Black Mask for the first film
Hugo Strange and the riddler for the second film
Joker clayface and Hush for the third.

Adam West series. As a child my father took me to a carshow that had the bat mobile there and I go to meet Adam West and Burt Ward.

Dark Knight Returns. I am a big Frank Miller fan and I've never read a last superhero story before. No one is trying to tell the last one.

Batman 89

There was so much Batmania surrounding this film. I remember going to see this film and the line went around the movie theater.

Michael Keaton

The Joker.

This idea that Batman can beat anyone as long as he has time to prepare. Prep-time to me is a pretty silly concept. Anyone can beat anyone as long as they have time to prepare.

I think he will do a good job.

no idea

Penquin or Riddler

there you go

BTAS

2) What's Your Favorite Batman comics story?

Either Dark Victory or DKR.

3) Which Batman film is your favorite?

Batman Returns.

4) Why is that film your favorite?

Between the fantastic acting and the batmanesce atmosphere, it's next to perfect.

Keaton by far. He has the perfect combination of being genuinely scary and sadness that fits the character perfectly.

6) Which of Batman's villains is your favorite?

BTAS Ra's al Ghul. Brilliant, charming, and and even a little sympathetic, which is something which prevents the Joker from taking the top spot.

That Keaton and company didn't get to make a third film.

I'm not thrilled, but I'm ok about it, at least until I see some footage.

Maybe Christoper Walken in his prime?

10) What story-line and villains would you want in the next solo Batman film?

The Batman murderer/fugitive story line, and a darker take on the Riddler.

Batman '89. Three years old and parents took me to see it in the theater. It's the reason I began liking Batman.

Year One. Great origin story.

My favorite is Batman '89, though I think Batman Begins is a better film overall.

Batman '89 is my favorite mostly because of nostalgia, but there are some undeniably great elements in the film itself such as Elfman's incredible music, the awesome design for the Batmobile and Batwing, Michael Keaton's performance, Jack Nicholson's performance, Michael Gough's performance, and obviously the design of Gotham City.

Michael Keaton and Kevin Conroy.

The Joker.

Heath Ledger's death. Nolan ended TDK in the perfect manner with The Joker caught but still alive. I was hoping we would get to see more of Heath's awesome work in a sequel, but it just wasn't meant to be.

I don't really have an opinion either way. I'll wait to see before judging him.

Clint Eastwood in a Dark Knight Returns adaptation right around the time the graphic novel was released. Eastwood was the right age at that time.

Eventually a Dark Knight Returns adaptation would be nice.

Seeing Batman '89 in the theatre.

Batman #1 1940

Batman '89

It rules.

Michael Keaton.

Hard to pick a favourite.

The Dark Knight Rises - I did like Bane but everything else didn't work.

Don't know, I'll wait and see.

Not sure.

Mad Hatter, Calendar Man & Harley Quinn.

Seeing Batman & Robin with my grandmother. I was five so I had a good time watching it. Even to this day I still like it, mostly for the wrong reasons though. :p

Mad Love

The Dark Knight Rises

I had never felt more satisfied after seeing a movie. The only complaint I have about the movie is Talia's death, because it just wasn't well acted. Everything else though, from the acting, story, emotion, fights, and action, TDKR was a near perfect movie for me.

Christian Bale

Harley Quinn

Bane's use in Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City.

Yes

Not really sure.

The Court of Owls

Last edited:
1. Batman (1989) on VHS
2. Really hard question. Perhaps TLH/DV
3. The Dark Knight
4. Good memories, great performances, chaos on the streets
5. Christian Bale
6. Joker
7. Anne's role wasn't larger, because it was dynamite
8. Yes
9. Not sure
10. A solid Riddler story

It's got to be the Adam West show, but I also remember Superfreinds. Luckily around the same time we had a box of older comics in the basement, I don't know whose they were, that had some Denny Oneil Detective Comics in them. So I knew even then that he could be more than what the West show was.

I dislike THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS more and more every year so it's not going to be that. :woot: Like with Superman there are too many. I love the whole YEARS trilogy. YEAR ONE, YEAR TWO and YEAR THREE. I like PREY from LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT. Hell the first 25 issues of LEGENDS OF THE DARK KNIGHT are golden. I enjoyed the SECRET ORIGINS THE MAN WHO FALLS, and a DETECTIVE COMICS ANNUAL written by Archie Goodwin about Batman going to Japan and running afoul of the Yakuza and an old Samurai mentor.

Tie between BATMAN BEGINS and THE DARK KNIGHT. TDK is a great film, but it is also somewhat over praised and I think Begins and it are actually on the same level except for Ledger's performance. Begins was what I mostly wanted in a Batman film, though I have my own nitpicks. Still, I am happy we got a serious and relatable Batman on film.

See above. :cwink:

Live action: Bale. He was not definitive for me, but he was the first one that made me go, "yeah, THAT'S Batman." As for animated there is no other choice. Conroy.

The Joker. The man who sees all things as a joke vs. the man that takes everything seriously. Epic clash.

The Dark Knight Rises as a whole almost. But I am also just depressed that way too often Batman in comics is written as an A-1 *****enozzle.

Yes, with only the slightest of reservations. I know his Bruce will be impeccable, IN MY BONES AND STUFF. :oldrazz: But I think there is a slight question as to how his in costume stuff will turn out. A slight question. The man is an underrated actor.

In the 40's and 50's it would be a tie between Kirk Douglas or Rock Hudson. In the modern era, I think Sam Witiwer would be a great YEAR ONE version. He's still young and we may see him in the future up for the part, I hope.

I can't think of any particular Bat story beyond perhaps a series of films with Nightwing and he dealing with the fallout of Jason Todd's death and then return as RED HOOD, with and emphasis on both Batman and Dick's relationship and Dick and Jason's view of each other.Throw in Black Mask, Deathstroke, Deadshot, Joker and Ra's and that's a trilogy I would love to see.

That's my story and I am sticking to it.

My first comic book was one of Wonder Woman where Batman was testing her for her to be accept (back?) in the Justice League. Bruce Wayne was nowhere to be seen and I was just fascinated with this mysterious caped masked figure with white eyes and dark face.

A few months later I found out there was a TV series and I saw it.

Many years later I heard Hollywood was making a movie with Jack Nicholson as the Joker, and I couldn't believe it. But then I was so angry at some of the rumors: black armored suit, Joker having more screen time, violent Batman, Michael Keaton!!!! But when I saw the movie, I was blown up.

Batman: the Dark Knight Returns.

For me, the greatest stories are about the origin or the end of these kind of characters. B:TDKR has the origin as flashbacks, and it has the future of the character. It had a social criticism of its time (with Superman as US government's secret weapon, Ronald Reagan considering the world his ranch, etc.

I haven't read it in a long time, and I like MANY others stories but as long as I remember, it was the one who made the biggest impression.

Batman (1989)

It took a precious moment of the character, where it was starting, as a completely different superhero from his usual partners in crime-fighting (Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, etc), the 1940 vibe worked beautifully. It was a subversion of a genre that was still starting, and visually, Batman was as scary as he was supposed to be and I still haven't seen such a great use of the cape. Michael Keaton did an outstanding job with it than no one else IMO has been able to surpass, transforming himself into the creature of the night. Nicholson was the traditional Joker, as dangerous as funny. Elfman's music was memorable and impressive. It mixed darkness, fantasy, action, humor in very enjoyable doses. Sure, it's a twenty-five year old movie and it has aged quite a bit, just as any superhero movie of its time.

That said, I consider The Dark Knight (2008) a masterpiece of the genre, much more complex and one of the pillars of it.

Michael Keaton.

Other than the Joker, the Scarecrow. Sadly, Nolan's approach was to make it a joke and a buffoon.

I suppose I should say Batman & Robin, but no one is hating it any more. I think Batman is too cool to have one of his movies despised forever.

Not specially. But I see no harm in that decision.

I have no idea.

But I always have wanted Willem Dafoe as the Joker. Or Hugo Weaving as the Joker.

I am not sure. Just too much to choose from.

Last edited:
My father had comics he kept well stored, he had the Phantom, Tarzan and a Batman comic with scarecrow..all I recall was a guy being sprayed and imagining he was buried alive

Year One... the ending is weak but I understand its existence (plus Black Mirror mined it perfectly)..everything else in that book is gold

Mask of the Phantasm...shows most facets of Batman and how tragic and heartbreaking it is..has some of my favorite bat moments ever

Has great attention to detail, great characters and batman shines..he's stoic and commanding but we get to see beneath those layers during the formative days

Conroy..he's voiced him through all facets of Bruce/Batmans' life

Joker, he's the best character thus he gets the "A" material..a well written Bane is second

Batman & Robin but the end of the DCAU more so, there were many stories yet to tell

Indifferent, I prefer not to write someone off

Hugh Jackman, not a big Wolverine guy and he has the presence and attitude to be the Bat

Killer Croc (during the film opening, just a fight), Riddler, Clayface

Batman returns....

The Dark Knight Returns.

Batman Begins

Such a great origin for Batman and Bruce wayne, but most of all, the theatricality. the fear.

Bale and of TAS bats

The Joker

Probably when i realised the feel of batman was gone in TDK AND TDKR... He just didnt have that awesome fantasy that he had in begins

Yes very happy, he never crossed my mind either, but now i see he is perfect. (hopefully)

Hmm never thought of that tbh.

Killer Croc would be cool, the riddler as a sort of side villian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"