Ten questions... Batman

BH/HHH

You Are My World
Reaction score
Well I did one for Superman so now it's Batman's turn

1. Who is your favourite Batman?

Michael Keaton, just superb. I think he just did it perfectly, nailed every aspect for me. The biggest been the voice, and those eyes, man those eyes. Keaton just is Batman to me.

2. Who is your favourite Bruce Wayne?

Ben Affleck, he's like comic book Bruce Wayne come to life.

3. What is your favourite Batman movie?

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (Ultimate Edition), it was close between this and Batman '89 but this just takes it.

4. Who is your favourite live action Alfred?

We have been blessed with live action Alfred's, Michael Gough, Michael Caine, Sean Pertwee and Jeremy Irons were all brilliant. But Michael Caine is my all time favourite, he was consistently brilliant throughout the Dark Knight trilogy.

5. Who is your favourite Batman world female character?

It's got to be Catwoman, for me it's her appearance in Year One that's my favourite, while I'm not a huge fan of Selina as a 'woman of the night'. The costume and take of the character when she becomes Catwoman are just superb. I especially loved Eliza Duskhu voicing the role in the animated adaptation of Year One too.

6. Who is your favourite Robin?

Tim Drake, don't get me wrong I love Dick Grayson but mostly as Nightwing. Tim Drake was the first Robin that never annoyed me.

7. What is your favourite Batman comic story?

Batman Year One, it's in my top 5 graphic novels of all-time, I think the smaller scale origin is perfect. It is more of a Gordon story but I think that's why it works for the better.

8. Who is your favourite Batman villain except the Joker

It's easy to say the Joker so I'm excluding him from the choices.

I would have said Catwoman but I always saw her as more of an anti hero than a straight up villain. So for me it has to be the Riddler, he's just such a clever villain and his stories are often the most interesting. I am still waiting for a perfect live action take on the character though. It's a villain I felt Nolan should have tackled

9. What is your favourite Batman animated movie?

I didn't want to add Batman the animated series in as I know most would choose that (and why wouldn't you?) but I wanted to leave it to just movies so we wouldn't get a ton of the same picks.

The Dark Knight Returns (I'm counting both parts as one film), although I have my problems with the story and some character choices the animated adaptation is actually an improvement on the source material IMO (especially from Superman's perspective) The music is what really works in the film for me mostly though, it's 80s synth perfection.

10. Briefly pitch your ideal Batman movie (be it a sequel to an existing film or a brand new film)?

I honestly just want a Batman v Joker story again, (boring some might say) but I want it to represent the animated series and give us some cool flashbacks to the Red Hood becoming the Joker. Give me the Joker with Harley Quinn, a Nightwing supporting role and I'm gold.

Last edited:

Michael Keaton

Michael Keaton

Batman '89

Michael Caine

5. Who is your Batman world female character?

Catwoman

No attachment to Robin.

I'm not into the comics.

Catwoman if she counts. Otherwise, I'll say Harley Quinn.

N/A

10. Briefly pitch your ideal Batman movie (be it a sequel to an existing film or a brand new film)?

Self-contained universe, black Batsuit, no Robin. Poison Ivy as the villain, but Catwoman in there somewhere, too.

Christian Bale

Christian Bale

The Dark Knight

Michael Caine

Catwoman

Dick Grayson

Strange Apparitions

The Penguin

Batman Under the Red Hood

I already had it. It's called The Dark Knight.

Oh **** I just realised I named it wrong, doh!

Bale and Conroy.

Bale and Conroy.

Batman Begins.

Michael Caine.

Talia al Ghul.

Dick Grayson

The Long Halloween.

Ra's al Ghul.

Mask of the Phantasm.

I would love to see a lot of the New 52 stuff like Court of Owls, Zero Year and Endgame adapted.

Last edited:
Bruce Greenwood - pretty much to a tee of how I both envision his voice and portrayed level of experience

Ben Affleck - just the right balance between the sociopathically unhinged whilst masking that suffering through philosophical assertions

3. What is your favourite Batman movie? What is your favourite Batman animated movie?
Under the Red Hood

Jeremy Irons

Katherine Kane - Of all the imitators, she came across as the most interesting especially when it wasn't Bruce underneath the cowl at the time

Dick

Don't have one, though I was very intrigued by Batman & Dracula

Edward Nygma

9. Briefly pitch your ideal Batman movie (be it a sequel to an existing film or a brand new film)?
so...sequel to BvS, Court of Owls...Talon is revealed to be Jason
Matt Reeves should be able to handle that.

Michael Keaton

Christian Bale

The Dark Knight, Batman Begins, Batman 89, and Batman: The Movie

Michael Caine

Grant Morrison's version of Silver Age Batwoman

Dick Grayson

Strange Apparitions

Ra's Al Ghul

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

A live action version of Tales of the Demon, with a Batman that's likable, a more comics-accurate version of Ra's, and the classic version of Talia.

Cheers for renaming C Lee :up:

Overall: Conroy

Live Action: Keaton

Overall: Conroy

Live Action: Bale

Batman Begins

It would be Gough had they given him more to do, but its Caine by Default. Irons could very well overtake him though. One of the bright spots of the DCEU.

Babs

Grayson, of course. Drake a very close second.

Hush is always the one that comes to mind. It's a perfect blend of including everyone in Batman's world while including a cool original story. Definitely something I'd recommend to readers that are just starting out.

Mr. Freeze

Under the Red Hood is 1A, Mask of the Phantasm is 1B

Loose Heart of Ice adaptation in a snowy noir/art deco inspired Gotham, oh the visuals would be glorious. Under The Red Hood being a close second.

1. Conroy, Keaton
2. Conroy, Bale (not TDKR tho)
3. The Dark Knight
4. Gough
5. Poison Ivy
6. Dick
7. Neal Adams' run
8. Riddler
9. Sub Zero
10. Wanna see villains we've already seen, with a lackluster interpretation, done better and to their full potential: Riddler, Freeze, Bane, Scarecrow etc.

Batman from BTAS Season 1 & 2 is pretty much perfection and represents everything that Batman should be.

Christian Bale.

The Dark Knight.

Michael Caine.

Barbara Gordon.

Out of the ones I'm familiar with, Dick Grayson. But he's a lot cooler as Nightwing.

Year One. But it's not like I've read all of them.

So many to choose from. Does Catwoman count? If not then it's Harley Quinn.

Mask of the Phantasm, probably.

I'd really love a movie about the birth of the Batfamily.

Michael Keaton.
Christian Bale
Batman Begins, just narrowly edging out Batman '89.
Michael Caine
Barbara Gordon.
Dick Grayson.
Year One, A Death In The Family and The Killing Joke come close, but I've always been kinda partial to The Many Deaths Of Batman.
8. Who is your favourite Batman villain except the Joker?
Post-BTAS Mr. Freeze.
Mask Of The Phantasm, followed closely by Batman Beyond: Return Of The Joker.
10. Briefly pitch your ideal Batman movie (be it a sequel to an existing film or a brand new film).
The Adventures of Batman & Robin: Following the slaying of his carnival-daredevil family at a charity function sponsored by Ferris Boyle's Gothcorp, 12-year-old Dick Grayson is taken in by Batman not so much to make a sidekick out of him as for protective custody against Tony Zucco; Dick nonetheless sets out to avenge his parents' murder, unaware that Zucco's connections to Boyle have drawn somebody else into the conflict...somebody with a much colder view of the situation.

Last edited:
Ben Affleck

Ben Affleck

Batman Begins

Michael Caine

Talia Al-Ghul. The one that is love with Bruce and not the psycho***** version Grant Morrison created.

Richard Grayson and Damian Wayne

[YT]iKHUF7e0hK0[/YT]

Ra's Al-Ghul

I know this is ****ing cliche, but Mask of the Phantasm.

I'd like a story that includes Damian Wayne and the Al-Ghuls. A Bruce and Talia that care about each other deeply, but are ideologically at odds because of Ra's. A Casablanca/Maltese Falcon type thing.

Great ideas for threads BH/HHH :up:

Bale in Batman Begins.

Bale. Easily the finest and most committed actor to play the part.

Batman Begins/The Dark Knight. Can't choose between the two.

Michael Caine.

Catwoman. Loeb version.

Never been a fan of Robin as a character, so I'll go with the classic - Dick.

Batman: Year One. My avatar says it all :woot:

Ra's.

Mask Of The Phantasm of course.

The Dark Knight Rises without the eight years off, the poor nuclear bomb plot device, more Batman, no retirement, and a tighter running time. This is my ideal movie as it would have made it the best trilogy ever made. As it stands it's 2 amazing movies, and 1 ok one.

1. Who is your favourite Batman? Kevin Conroy

2. Who is your favourite Bruce Wayne? Christian Bale

3. What is your favourite Batman movie? The Dark Knight

4. Who is your favourite live action Alfred? Michael Caine

5. Who is your favourite Batman world female character? Harley Quinn

6. Who is your favourite Robin? Either Burt Ward or Dick Grayson depending on what you mean

7. What is your favourite Batman comic story? The Long Halloween

8. Who is your favourite Batman villain except the Joker? Two-Face, and that includes The Joker

9. What is your favourite Batman animated movie? Mask of the Phantasm

An adaptation of The Long Halloween. Part of it (mainly the Dent stuff) made its way into TDK, but I'd like to see more of a straight adaptation centered around the Mob War and the Holiday killings.

1. Adam West, for childhood nostalgia reasons only
2. Michel Keaton
3. It's a tie between Batman '89 and Batman Begins
4. Sean Pertwee, closely followed by Caine
5. [Lego Batman voice]BARBARA!!![/Lego Batman voice]
6. Dick Grayson
7. The Long Halloween, very closely followed by Gotham Central (which technically isn't a Batman comic, but, you know...) and Arkham Asylum: Living Hell
8. Mad Hatter, if done right. Otherwise Two-Face
9. Return of the Joker
10. A creepy David Fincher movie in which the Mad Hatter abducts and drugs young girls

1) Bale by default.

2) See above. Keaton is a close second, though.

3) TDK.

4) Michael Caine by default.

5) Barbara Gordon.

6) Damian.

7) I really loved Tomasi's run on Batman and Robin.

8) Not sure...probably Ra's.

9) UTRH.

10) It's not necessarily ideal, but I'd love to see an adaptation of the first Arkham Game.

1) Bale by default.

2) See above. Keaton is a close second, though.

3) TDK.

4) Michael Caine by default.

5) Barbara Gordon.

6) Damian.

7) I really loved Tomasi's run on Batman and Robin.

8) Not sure...probably Ra's.

9) UTRH.

10) It's not necessarily ideal, but I'd love to see an adaptation of the first Arkham Game.

Nice, out-of-the-box, underappreciated pick!

Michael Keaton.

It's between Keaton and Affleck.

Batman Returns is the greatest superhero film of all time.

Currently Michael Gough, although I'm gradually falling in love with Sean Pertwee's portrayal of the character.

Generic choice but it has to be Selina.

Dick Grayson.

Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth.

Catwoman aside, I'd probably say Two-Face.

The Dark Knight Returns. Brilliant adaptation of the source material.

A new film set in the not-too-distant future, centred around a Batman in his fifties. Gotham is in a state of change, with a controversial new mayor and a revived gang war between the Falcones and the Maronis. Many of the major heroes and villains have long been retired and Bruce is trying to entice Selina to don her costume again and help him curb the new wave of violence that has taken over Gotham. Meanwhile Sofia Falcone has employed Hush to assassinate Batman.

Bruce Greenwood. Pitch perfect patriarch Batman in both Young Justice and UTRH.

Christian Bale. He got to play a total character arc with a defined beginning, middle, and end.

"Dark Knight Rises" takes it for me, since I really like the conclusive feel it has, and I love Bane.

Michael Caine. Again, he got to play a fully-realized character with a story arc.

Cassandra Cain, aka the best Batgirl. Then Selina "Catwoman" Kyle. Then Oracle, prove that a character is more than a classic property. Then Stephanie Brown, 'cause she's awesome. Then Huntress (Bertinelli). Then Andrea Beaumont. Then Poison Ivy, Batwoman, and Harley Quinn. And then way, way down on the list, unaltered immature Barbara Gordon Batgirl, aka when Silver Age fanatics can't see how compromising would help a character be more than a cheap imitation their former glory.

Pre-Flashpoint Tim Drake.

Batman: No Man's Land. More of an era than a single story, but it has so much stuff I love!

Bane, and Two-Face when he's written well.

Under the Red Hood. One of the rare times that a story is drastically improved in the film adapatation, and the reason I still consider Judd Winick to be a better writer than Scott Lobdell, in spite of thinking both have put out some cruddy stories.

Hugo Strange becomes the new head of incarceration in Gotham Coty, against Bruce Wayne's stringent objections as member of the Arkham advisory board. Strange, obsessed with trying to see how Batman "creates" his villains, begins quietly manipulating patients and convicts into mimicking the origins of super-villains, though be an evil scientist he cheats. Batman finds this out when Magpie attacks Catwoman to replace her, and ends up infiltrating Strange's remodeled Arkham Asylum and finding that Strange has been worsening some conditions (making Croc a monster against his will, creating the Judge from Harvey Dent as an enforcer) and when Strange releases his replacement villains on the staff and older prisoners, Batman puts together an alliance of classic villains like Freeze and Dent to stop them, while Nightwing and others try and break the Asylum open.

Great ideas for threads BH/HHH :up:

I'd actually created some similar ones years ago and thought I'd do the whole thing again. Although from memory I don't know if the questions were the same.

1. Who is your favourite Batman? - Ben Affleck.
2. Who is your favourite Bruce Wayne? - Ben Affleck
3. What is your favourite Batman movie?- TDK
4. Who is your favourite live action Alfred?- Michael Caine
5. Who is your favourite Batman world female character?-Barbara Gordon
6. Who is your favourite Robin?- Dick
7. What is your favourite Batman comic story?- TDKR
8. Who is your favourite Batman villain except the Joker- Two Face
9. What is your favourite Batman animated movie?- Red Hood/ Mask of the Phantasm
10. Briefly pitch your ideal Batman movie (be it a sequel to an existing film or a brand new film)? - A Batman movie set in the 40s in a noir setting, an intimate crime drama involving most of his cast i.e Joker, Two Face, Dick Grayson etc.

Kevin Conroy, I can't even front. I'm not one of these guys that hars voice when I read comics, but Conroy IS Batman.

Christian Bale, somehow. Even though he was totally Bruce Wayne in Name Only. I liked his Wayne, especially in Begins.

The Dark Knight

Michael Gough, easy. Not sure who these other guys are that pretend to be Alfred, great actors, totally miscast. Pewtree is pretty awesome though.

Cassandra Cain still rocks my socks.

Robin/Batgirl: Fresh Blood. My two fave bat-characters back to back kicking butt, being amazed at each other. It was short, but oh so sweet.

Aside from Justice League Batman stories (NWO, Tower of Babel) I'd have to say that

I feel like the more sci-fi/horror villains don't get enough love. Clayface is so awesome to me, and always has been. I am finding a newfound love and respect for Mr. Freeze, however.

Mask of the Phantasm, obviously.

Batman brings Joker in after another night of terrorizing the town, only to discover he's orchestrated a takeover of Arkham Asylum. It's up to Batman to put a stop to him and other nefarious inmates, Two Face, Riddler, Scarecrow and Poison Ivy and deal with his own psychological traumas. Die Hard in an Insane Asylum!

I've been waiting for you. :gngl:

Keaton. Affleck. Conroy.

Bale. Affleck.

Nolan and Burton films. Most favorite - TDK.

Gough, Caine and Irons. All three.

Harley Quinn. Babs.

None. Probably a dead one.

Mad Love.

All classic villains.

Phantasm, I think. My favorite stuff is in BTAS.

Not an ideal, but it's something I'd like to see. Smaller, more intimate Batman film or mini-series. A true detective story, uncovering mystery. Without massive destruction or large-scale action sequences. Maybe in tone of Year One, where Bruce Wayne isn't super-human and can't take on more than 4-5 thugs or vanish into air. I want smart and exciting riddles, lost underground passages, hallucinations, dark alleys, snowy nights, maybe female victims or kidnappings... One of them can be Babs. I don't want any miraculous technology like Clean Slate, reactor-bombs, sonar cell-phones, penguins with rockets, vaporizers and so on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"