• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ten questions... Superman

. Who is your favorite Superman? Christopher Reeve

2. Who is your favorite Clark Kent? Tyler Hoechlin

3. What is your favorite Superman movie? Superman: The Movie/ Man of Steel

4. What is your favorite Superman TV show? Superman The animated series

5. Who is your favorite live-action, Lois Lane? Teri Hatcher

6. Who is your favorite live action Lex Luthor? Gene Hackman so far, still waiting for a truly great live Luthor portrayal.

7. What is your favorite Superman comic story? Birthright and For All Seasons

8. Who is your favorite Superman villain? Lex Luthor

9. What is your favorite Superman animated series or movie? Superman: The Animated Series

10. Briefly pitch your ideal Superman movie (be it a sequel to an existing film or a brand new film)?
A loose adapation of Birthright.

I could never understand what he saw in her, honestly.

Tbh I couldn't either, she smoked and I don't think she was particularly loveable. But she wasn't awful to Clark at all, she was his friend.

1. Who is your favourite Superman?
Reeves.
He was perfect for the time, for the pre-crisis Superman.
So far, no one has even got close.

2. Who is your favourite Clark Kent?
Once again Reeves, for the same reasons.
I never watched Supergirl

3. What is your favourite Superman movie?
Superman: The Movie.
Same reason as above. It's the perfect superhero movie...of the time, a time what will not return and as such it will be forever unbeatable.
Can you top it? Absolutely! But it's the perfect pre-crisis Superman.

4. What is your favourite Superman TV show?
Smallville.
Simple reason. I never rewatched Lois & Clark (or Smallville, for that matter, but it's more recent).

5. Who is your favourite live action Lois Lane?
Erica Durance

6. Who is your favourite live action Lex Luthor?
Michael Rosenbaum

7. What is your favourite Superman comic story?
I dunno know. There are plenty.

8. Who is your favourite Superman villain?
Luthor

9. What is your favourite Superman animated series or movie?
Movie

10. Briefly pitch your ideal Superman movie (be it a sequel to an existing film or a brand new film)?
I have an idea how to make almost all superheroes into movies.
As for Superman, i would make a trilogy ending with Superman in all his glory, call it a origin trilogy if you will.
And origin is not just the moment a superhero gets the powers or wears the suit, and origin is from the moment that happens to the moment he/she understands his role.

1º movie - The theme for the movie is Superman's role on the world, the people and himself.

Villain would be Luthor and John Corben, before Metallo.
It goes from Smallville to Metropolis, it dwells very little on Krypton (there's a reason).
Superman's first days, we would see how he handles all of that, how the world sees him, and how Luthor sees him.
As a a very powerful individual in Metropolis, when facing a god-like being, Luthor does what logic dictates....he tries to put him on his side.
This will be the main reason for the connection between Superman and Lois, since she sees him as a criminal, contrary to the vast majority of the city.
When Luthor sees he can't get Superman to his side, he does the next best thing, tries to make him irrelevant by creating his own Supermen army by creating the warsuits.
Leading that army is John Corben, a former military turned mercenary.
By the end of it, Superman gets framed for a death and doubts himself and his role as Superman; Lois investigates the death only to find that she was already dead and that Superman was framed by Luthor.
Superman returns and arrests Luthor, being the first person to do that.
Superman gives the "i'm not a God" speech, putting aside once and for all the all "Superman-Christ parallel".

Superman For all Seasons will serve as an inspiration of sorts.

2ºMovie - Theme will be Superman's powers

It starts exactly how the first ended.
Luthor gets out of jail in a few hours, "proving his innocence" and saying that Corben was the person behind all of that.
Corben gets arrested and sent to Stryker's Island.
Corben doesn't say anything since it was all a plan between him and Luthor, with the last one saying that he will get him out and pay him millions for that.

In the meantime, STAR labs wants to study Superman's powers and their extent.
Superman fully agrees and goes him for some tests, done by Kitty Faulkner and Emil Hamilton.
Luthor find this and wants the results to himself, as such, he blackmails Emil Hamilton and stealing the results and bringing them to him.
In their possession, and since Luthor couldn't pay or replace Superman with humans, he goes to create his own Superman.
Using human DNA in the mix, his own, and using Dr. Sydney Happersen as the lead scientist, Luthor creates a Superman clone.
Contrary to Superman that draw power from the sun, the clone, when the first contact with the yellow star, his skin tuns chalky white and his behavior is erratic.
Bizarro is born.

The plan for Corben's escape happens, only to have him "killed" in an explosion; Luthor was never going to let Corben live.
In the end, Dr. Happersen, that almost died when Bizarro was created, saves Corben and reconstructs his body, only to be killed by him.

3º Movie
I'm still trying to figure his one out.
The only thing i know is that the theme will be Krypton.
In the end, Superman will know everything about where he came from.

As for villains, i've thought of Metallo (since the 2nd movie ends with Corben becaming Metallo) or Brainiac.

Notice that it would not end with the trilogy, the trilogy would be some sort of saga.
I have ideas for the afterwards.
After the trilogy, i would dwell into the Intergang, but i would replace Darkseid with Zod.

Last edited:
I'm in the minority to be sure, but to me the "Superman-Christ parallel" is what makes him such a fascinating character.

I'm in the minority to be sure, but to me the "Superman-Christ parallel" is what makes him such a fascinating character.

Dude, Zach Snyder and Mario Puzo seem to be part of that minority too.

TBH I don't see anything wrong with it really - heck, in the musical Godspell Jesus is usually portrayed wearing a Superman t-shirt.

The Jesus metaphor works great....when it's done well, Snyder is just a little too obvious about it ( check out the scene where Clarkr asks the Reverend for advice).

There's a neat scene in the comics "Superman for Tomorrow" where he talks to a priest who initially treats him as being semi-divine.

Personally, I prefer the regular Joe version of Superman, just trying to do the right thing - but I think that the occasional religious imagery in Superman stories can be very effective in setting a particular tone.

I think you guys are missing the point, there will always be a parallel.
The story goes more or less like this:

> From above, a "heavenly" father sends his only son to Earth. He is raised by a couple with no children, that sees him as a bless, not only to them but to the world.

The problem is not that, the problem is when they dwell on it like it's the actual reason for the movie.
I remember in Superman Returns a scene where he flies above the clouds to be bathed by the sun. After that, he flies back down. The problem is that the clouds he flies through, opens up before he gets there, and a beam on light passes through, just for Superman to fly inside it.

That must be the most ridiculous scene i've ever seen. It was and still is, simply laughable.

My "i'm not a god scene" speech would go something like this:
------------------
> Superman walks up the podium. In front of him there are there are a lot of reporters, cameras and flashes from the photos being taken.
Superman looks around. All of a sudden, reporters come crashing with a bunch of questions and hands in the air.
Superman raises his open hands to his chest, in a motion to calm the people.
Slowly the voices end and people just sit back down and wait....

"I am not a God!!"

That sentence echo like a thunder. No one was expecting that, and it shows. The flashes end all of a sudden.
Superman repeats, "i'm not a god"...and he continues..."don't look at me as such."
"i'm not here to teach you how to live your lives, i' not here to hold your hand...i'm here to do the best i can, i'm here to catch you if you fall".

At the end of the speech, people will stand up, applaud and call his name at one voice..."Superman....Superman", but this time, not as a god among men, but as a man that can make a difference and chooses to".
------------------

Well, this is what i have from the top of my head.

Last edited:
Not a fan of the "Superman is Jesus" parallels/imagery. They make sense, but they're overdone. I wouldn't mind never seeing another religious allegory with this character again.

1. Who is your favourite Superman?

Christopher Reeve.

2. Who is your favourite Clark Kent?

Christopher Reeve.

3. What is your favourite Superman movie?

Superman.

4. What is your favourite Superman TV show?

The Animated Series.

5. Who is your favourite live action Lois Lane?

Teri Hatcher/Erica Durance.

6. Who is your favourite live action Lex Luthor?

John Shea.

7. What is your favourite Superman comic story?

Haven't read enough to know.

8. Who is your favourite Superman villain?

Lex Luthor.

9. What is your favourite Superman animated series or movie?

Answered above.

A complete, total, and utter reboot. Retell the origin story, linearly, and base it on all the best aspects of all the comic book versions. Make the movie bright, shiny, and optimistic, and make the costume RED, YELLOW, and BLUE.

I'm a traditionalist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"