TENET

James.B

In search of the absurd
Reaction score
Warner Bros. announced Friday that Nolan's next film will open in IMAX on July 17, 2020.

The project is described as an event film, but nothing else is known about Nolan’s latest venture. The writer-director has a propensity for secrecy, writing his scripts away from any prying eyes. And he is of such a stature that he can attract the actors he wants, packaging his project with thespians, then present it to a studio with what amounts to a simple yes or no question: Are you in or are you out?

Next Christopher Nolan Film to Open In July 2020

Last edited:
Let's see what he comes up with next.
I thought Dunkirk was good and interesting. Technically great but lacking some soul i felt. Imo his last great movie is now almost 10 years old... Inception. Interstellar was also good but not on the same level. Still, every movie of his is somewhat of an event, he's just one of those directors that always delivers something special in his own way.

I still need Fisher Stevens to be Nolan’s new 80’s star revival for a film. Maybe even get Kilmer or Ally Sheedy.

Bale needs a return to Nolan... it’s been too long.

Bale mentioned he’s working with David O Russell on something next so I don’t think he will be available.

Bale mentioned he’s working with David O Russell on something next so I don’t think he will be available.

I can’t stand O Russell... did that Malik film with Bale as a dude in a band or soemthing ever come out? I feel like it was rumored forever and then filmed at Bonnaroo maybe and then faded into the dust.

I can’t stand O Russell... did that Malik film with Bale as a dude in a band or soemthing ever come out? I feel like it was rumored forever and then filmed at Bonnaroo maybe and then faded into the dust.

"Knight of Cups"? It was released back in 2015. Although those scenes of him from ACL were for Malek's other movie "Song for Song" but Bale was cut from the final version. :hehe:

I could be wrong but I THINK Bale's project with Russell is a Netflix film project with De Niro.

Gimme dat horror movie, Nolan.

Oh, hell yes. That’d be great.

Although, having been buried in Red Dead Redemption 2 for the past few weeks, I’d like to see him tackle a western with a similar story.

Oh, hell yes. That’d be great.

Although, having been buried in Red Dead Redemption 2 for the past few weeks, I’d like to see him tackle a western with a similar story.

A western would be awesome. :up:

Most of his films have all been modern day sans the Prestige right"?

Yeah, and that one.

Warner Bros. announced Friday that Nolan's next film will open in IMAX on July 17, 2020.

The project is described as an event film, but nothing else is known about Nolan’s latest venture. The writer-director has a propensity for secrecy, writing his scripts away from any prying eyes. And he is of such a stature that he can attract the actors he wants, packaging his project with thespians, then present it to a studio with what amounts to a simple yes or no question: Are you in or are you out?

Next Christopher Nolan Film to Open In July 2020

In ! I love Nolan's films. I haven't seen Dunkirk, Insomnia or Memento yet, but have seen the rest and thoroughly enjoyed them.

I was wondering when Nolan would bless us. Production will be starting up in the next few months.

I don't know if Nolan has the aptitude or sensibilities for horror, but I'd have no issues being proven wrong there. If anything, it'd be outside his wheelhouse and that alone would make it exciting.

Always down for another sci-fi film.

Emma Thomas mentioned back in The Dark Knight days he has a idea for a horror and western.

"Thomas told me Nolan is actually interested in putting together a western, but the stars haven’t aligned for that yet. She mentioned that Nolan is keen to do a horror film, something tangible and perhaps cerebral, more akin to “Jaws” than something supernatural. We chatted briefly about Nolan’s aborted Howard Hughes screenplay but she is hopeful they can revisit the project in the future, despite the success of Martin Scorsese’s “The Aviator” in 2004, which played a role in derailing Nolan’s effort."

An evening with the cast and crew of ‘The Dark Knight’

Last edited:
I'd be interested in Nolan doing a horror movie. There were fleeting moments when Inception flirted with it.

I'd be interested in Nolan doing a horror movie. There were fleeting moments when Inception flirted with it.

I still want him and Leo for Devil in the White City.

Whatever it is, hopefully it's not a western or a biopic.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"