The 2008 Presidential Inauguration

Spideyboy, enough is enough. People can disagree with Obama and not be racist. We've actually all done really well in here when it comes to discussion of race with most posters being very mature about it. Please quit trying to stir the pot by indirectly calling people racist for disagreeing with Obama.

no offense, but you clearly didn't read my posts too well... because i clearly stated what was racist and what was not. :o

That is just stupidity.
We, the people who did not support him, disagreed with his platform.
He is black.
His wife is black.
his children are black.
He is the first black president
He is wearing a black suit.
He has black hair.

I deem myself racist now.

wait wait wait... when people DO say racist things.. such as the youtube videos... and people DO say it's because he IS black... according to you, it's stupid for me to deem those people racist? Like i said, I call it when i see it. I'm perfectly fine with those who don't like him for his policies... what im not ok with are those who don't like him for any reason BUT his policies.

And there's a pretty decent percentage of people who did not like him due to racial reasonings, i've shown that. You can't say "We who did not vote for him" you can only say YOU.

Yes both have been blamed, but it is disproportionate.....Mormons have been blamed the most, or at least the most in front of cameras....

I will never forget that election night and the weeks following it.

And I do thank George W. Bush for Barack Obama. :cwink:

Kind of like we can thank all of those democrats from the 70s for Ronald Reagan. So, Barack Obama is the democratic answer to Ronald Reagan.

Yes both have been blamed, but it is disproportionate.....Mormons have been blamed the most, or at least the most in front of cameras....

Which they have the right to... they donated a hell of alot of money, and were the most outspoken about it. Most of the propaganda was driven and fueled by them. If the mormon church didn't donate the money they did, there campaign would have been very weak against ours... swaying many votes back on to us.

The mormons really mind **** the public when they created lies about the teaching of homosexuality in elementary school.

Which they have the right to... they donated a hell of alot of money, and were the most outspoken about it. Most of the propaganda was driven and fueled by them. If the mormon church didn't donate the money they did, there campaign would have been very weak against ours... swaying many votes back on to us.

The mormons really mind **** the public when they created lies about the teaching of homosexuality in elementary school.

Yes, we've been through all of that, quite extensively. I simply stated that they seemed to be receiving the majority of the blame, at least as far as the media shows.

As far as having the right to speak out against the church, speak out against their teachings, using the media to speak out against the church as well, and other venues.....yep I agree you have that right.

But does that mean that in order for you to have that right, members of this church do not have that right?

Kind of like we can thank all of those democrats from the 70s for Ronald Reagan. So, Barack Obama is the democratic answer to Ronald Reagan.

LOL, there was one Democrat President in the 1970's: Jimmy Carter. The other two Presidents were Republicans: Nixon and Ford.

Yes, we've been through all of that, quite extensively. I simply stated that they seemed to be receiving the majority of the blame, at least as far as the media shows.

As far as having the right to speak out against the church, speak out against their teachings, using the media to speak out against the church as well, and other venues.....yep I agree you have that right.

But does that mean that in order for you to have that right, members of this church do not have that right?

i believe in freedom of speech, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. In order for this to be in affect, i don't believe in others taking happiness from others, nor do i believe in laws created by those who would be unaffected by the law they are fighting.

Gay Marriage affects no one but those getting married. Religious "morals" should not affect our government, nor should it affect those lives in which do not follow such religion.

no one should be allowed to dictate anthers life, unless it's causing harm to others. And one who believes gay's cause harm by being gay, there bigots and ignorant.

I found these pretty interesting. Word clouds comparing Obama's inaugural speech to other past speeches. Sorry if it's been posted already.

Obama's

obamaonblackpu0.jpg

Bush's second

bushspeechou9.jpg

Clinton's second

clintonspeechfk5.jpg

Reagan's first

reaganfirstic5.jpg

Lincoln's first

lincolnfirstmg4.jpg

Lincoln's second

lincolnsecondvv2.jpg

BREAKING NEWS!

WILLIAMS COMPOSITION PIECE PLAYED AT THE INAUGURATION WAS A RECORDING, NOT LIVE

The somber, elegiac tones before President Obama's oath of office at the inauguration on Tuesday came from the instruments of Yo-Yo Ma, Itzhak Perlman and two colleagues. But what the millions on the Mall and watching on television heard was in fact a recording, made two days earlier by the quartet and matched tone for tone by the musicians playing along.

The players and the inauguration organizing committee said the arrangement was necessary because of the extreme cold and wind during Tuesday’s ceremony. The conditions raised the possibility of broken piano strings, cracked instruments and wacky intonation minutes before the president’s swearing in (which had problems of its own).

“Truly, weather just made it impossible,” Carole Florman, a spokeswoman for the Joint Congressional Committee on Inaugural Ceremonies, said on Thursday. “No one’s trying to fool anybody. This isn’t a matter of Milli Vanilli,” Ms. Florman added, referring to the pop band that was stripped of a 1989 Grammy because of its lip-synching, making it synonymous with the practice.

I'm not really suprised considering how cold it was. But still...

I'm predicting four years...and really by no fault of his own. Expectations are ridiculously high for this man. And frankly, I think for the next four years we are going to continue to feel the pain from Bush and some Clinton policies and basically nothing Obama can do will turn it around. He himself admits it will take at least 5 years to see real improvement (of course, every first term president says that). But his supporters do not listen. A good amount of them truly do expect everything to just be fixed. It won't work that way. That will create a fair amount of disillusion.

Plus I expect a Romney run in 2012. Sure, he's been coy so far...but he's already been to Iowa (twice) and New Hampshire since November. Romney is charasmatic, young, and is renowned as an economic guru. If the economy is not improved drastically, he could very well take the White House out from right under Obama.

It was pathetic for a man like Romney to lower himself saying Palin was more qualified than him. Seriously, the legths these Republicans went to. :whatever:

This is worse than the Ashley Simpson lip-syncing on SNL scandal! The horror! :wow: But seriously...the media just doesn't want to let their golden egg laying chicken that was the inauguration go away. They will still be talking about the inauguration at mid-term elections.

It was pathetic for a man like Romney to lower himself saying Palin was more qualified than him. Seriously, the legths these Republicans went to. :whatever:

I was shocked that Romney sunk that low. I still don't know how he could keep a straight face through any of it.

This is worse than the Ashley Simpson lip-syncing on SNL scandal! The horror! :wow: But seriously...the media just doesn't want to let their golden egg laying chicken that was the inauguration go away. They will still be talking about the inauguration at mid-term elections.

:lmao:

Romney did what he needed to do to ensure Republicans do not hate him. He will stay on good terms with the party in exchange for a small sound bite and in 2012 he won't have to completely foresake his beliefs to kiss up to the far right like a certain McCain. If McCain of 2000 ran against Obama in this election...well...I think we'd be looking at a very different electoral map. But McCain kissed so much far right ass he got lost in it.

:hehe:

So true. If the media actually did their job, this country would be in a lot better shape right now.

I was shocked that Romney sunk that low. I still don't know how he could keep a straight face through any of it.

Romney did what he needed to do to ensure Republicans do not hate him. He will stay on good terms with the party in exchange for a small sound bite and in 2012 he won't have to completely foresake his beliefs to kiss up to the far right like a certain McCain. If McCain of 2000 ran against Obama in this election...well...I think we'd be looking at a very different electoral map. But McCain kissed so much far right ass he got lost in it.

It wasn't just Romney either, it was other Republicans too. Like Coleman. :whatever: I don't know, I just don't want to see a Republican in office for the next years to come. They shouldn't even be labeled the Republican party, they should be labeled the "Cynical Party."

It wasn't just Romney either, it was other Republicans too. Like Coleman. :whatever: I don't know, I just don't want to see a Republican in office for the next years to come. They shouldn't even be labeled the Republican party, they should be labeled the "Cynical Party."

I think a full blown 'Religious Right' label would be better.

That is just stupidity.
We, the people who did not support him, disagreed with his platform.
He is black.
His wife is black.
his children are black.
He is the first black president
He is wearing a black suit.
He has black hair.

I deem myself racist now.

You didn't mention his mother, who is white :grin:

This is worse than the Ashley Simpson lip-syncing on SNL scandal! The horror! But seriously...the media just doesn't want to let their golden egg laying chicken that was the inauguration go away. They will still be talking about the inauguration at mid-term elections.

Hell, they still talk about the 'controversies' from the primaries.

So true. If the media actually did their job, this country would be in a lot better shape right now.

But...the MSM is liberal!! They're all in the tank for Obama! He's The Messiah.

When was the truly great Republican president? Before they lost their way. I was so disappointed to see McCain sell out to get the nomination. He became the very thing he spoke out against in 2000.

Last edited:
Hopefully he is a better President than Reagan.

Reagan sat over the largest period of prolonged peace time economic growth in American history.

I know it is "cool" for lefties to hate him because he tried to destroy the Unions (they need to be destroyed entirely), but Reagan was one of the greatest Presidents EVER.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"