• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The 2012 New Hampshire Republican Presidential Debate

Marx

Pixelated
Reaction score
It's the first national debate since the Iowa caucus! The debate takes place on January 7th in New Hampshire and will air on ABC at 9pm. Will you be watching?

(In keeping with the tradition of the 2008 election season...all debates, primaries, and caucuses will have their own threads to ensure that the political forum continues to run smoothly.)

Discuss. :yay:

Last edited:
Whoops! January 7th.
icon11.gif

Someone will probably snap. And by someone I mean one of the candidates who finally realizes they are finished.

I dunno, I *may* watch it. After all, Time Warner and the local ABC and FOX station is having a $$$ dispute. Ugh. Funny enough, the local ABC station, I believe WCTI News Channel 12 likes for lack of a better term owns the local FOX 8 FOX 14 station, ie they use the same news crew.

I expect Bachmann to drop out after Iowa as well.

Hippie Hunter and Marx=Smart.

It's not so much smart. If you look at the trends and campaigns, it's actually pretty easy to predict what is going to happen.

It was obvious that Michele Bachmann was going to come in last in Iowa with an absolutely horrific showing. It was even more embarrassing considering the fact that she grew up in Iowa, tried to become a prominent Tea Party figure and yet Tea Party voters went with Ron Paul and Rick Santorum by whopping margins, won the Ames Straw Poll, she was already flat out broke, and put all her chips into Iowa.

When you add in all those factors, there was just no viable way for Bachmann to continue on. Especially now since it looks like she will face a very tough reelection effort on account that she looked like a fool on the national stage.

Romney can make Gingrich look like a prick if he wants, will be interesting.

Bachmann has been running to be Romney's VP and he is totally not picking her :woot:

I get the feeling Gingrich will have a complete meltdown during the debate. Romney's negative ad campaign clearly has him extremely ticked off. Then Gingrich continued the neo-con attacks on Ron Paul, so the good doctor responded by calling Newt a Chickenhawk (which he is). Gingrich is likely seething at both Romney and Paul. Going to be hilarious to see the interaction between these three at the debate.

Gingrich has nothing to lose. When this election is over he will slip into obscurity. Hence his desperation.

I get the feeling Gingrich will have a complete meltdown during the debate. Romney's negative ad campaign clearly has him extremely ticked off. Then Gingrich continued the neo-con attacks on Ron Paul, so the good doctor responded by calling Newt a Chickenhawk (which he is). Gingrich is likely seething at both Romney and Paul. Going to be hilarious to see the interaction between these three at the debate.

I don't think we're going to see much between Paul and Romney. Paul really has no true desire to be President and has actually come out saying that he thinks that Romney is a pretty nice guy (as opposed to saying that he had to expose the truth about Gingrich). And Romney doesn't see Paul as much of a threat to his chances of getting the nomination.

Now the interactions that Gingrich with those two, now that's going to be interesting. It's not that Gingrich is likely seething at the both of them, it's actually very clear and obvious that he is. He hates Mitt Romney and Ron Paul. Absolutely hates them. Newt's ego is now getting the best of him and it's going to totally blow up in his face.

Last edited:
I don't think we're going to see much between Paul and Romney. Paul really has no true desire to be President and has actually come out saying that he thinks that Romney is a pretty nice guy (as opposed to saying that he had to expose the truth about Gingrich). And Romney doesn't see Paul as much of a threat to his chances of getting the nomination.

Now the interactions that Gingrich with those two, now that's going to be interesting. It's not that Gingrich is likely seething at the both of them, it's actually very clear and obvious that he is. Newt's ego is now getting the best of him and it's going to totally blow up in his face.

Yeah, I didn't mean a fight between Paul and Romney. I just meant the three of them could have some fireworks given Gingrich's temper. I do think it would be great to see Paul call out Romney for the big government and big business ****e that he is.

Yeah, I didn't mean a fight between Paul and Romney. I just meant the three of them could have some fireworks given Gingrich's temper. I do think it would be great to see Paul call out Romney for the big government and big business ****e that he is.

He has called Mitt Romney a liberal, but to be fair, everyone is a big government liberal compared to Ron Paul. But overall, there is just no animosity between the two.

Idk how romney is "big government"; everyone points to "Romneycare" and acts like itd have been democratic of him to veto it after the state passed it and the citizens who voted for him loved the idea.

Idk how romney is "big government"; everyone points to "Romneycare" and acts like itd have been democratic of him to veto it after the state passed it and the citizens who voted for him loved the idea.

Big government doesn't just refer to stuff like Romneycare, it refers to big spending and intrusion into people's lives across the board whether you're talking about health care, the military, education, etc. Romney is a status quo candidate. He has supported typical big government spending and intrusion for a long time. You won't see him standing up against NDAA or the Patriot Act, both of which are big government violations of the Constitution signed into law by Obama and Bush.

Romney is good at saying nothing but vague contortions of policies, and "Obama sucks". That's what the MSM means when "he is electable".

Romney will be very good at getting healthy bottom lines, always has been and will continue to be. Unemployment will drop under him. i really hope he wins or itll be an easy O vote and win.

Romney will be very good at getting healthy bottom lines, always has been and will continue to be. Unemployment will drop under him. i really hope he wins or itll be an easy O vote and win.

Running the government isn't the same as running a business.

Competency is optional and not usually on the menu.

A new NH Poll has Paul in 2nd place with 24%. saw it not long ago on his Facebook. Granted the poll was only like 498 people...

This is so exciting!

Will Politco have live poll results Tuesday?

Also tomorrow is that NBC/Facebook debate at 9 A.M. Yea, good job NBC...good sch there. There was a debate at 9-11pm earlier. NBC stands for Nothing But Crap. Geez...

I bet everybody is gonna be drinking coffee during debate...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"