The Adventures of Tintin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think, this is a new image:

p633967.jpg

And some more here.

i always admit when i was wrong. and here i was 100% wrong.

i thought that there is no way that they would use an old shot for the first trailer but they did. IMO they didnt change the effects after the trailer. i think they first showed an old shot from 2010. and this is now the 2011 shot .

the difference is HUGE

There's life now in those eyes! :)

I love the lighting in this sequence, it's so natural!
p814119.jpg

p969254.jpg

Detail, lighting, beautiful!
p941553.jpg

Last edited:
i like the natural lighting. this is what Spielberg is good at. the same with Jackson. both like soft natural lighting.

Yeah, there's really no doubt that they've defeated uncanny valley now. I knew my faith in this one would be rewarded.

Hot damn, the images looks incredible. Thank god that the movie releases next month, as I don't think I could contain my excitement any longer.

checked and i also get TinTin in november. in your face ;)

I'm sure WETA heard what people were saying about the uncanny nature and promptly went back in to touch that **** up, as they should have.

Those images are fantastic, they really have been improving it, which is expected and of course good. It's outstanding from my point of view. Also the cinema I passed by earlier today put up the new posters, not that long until it comes out.

checked and i also get TinTin in november. in your face ;)

Don't you mean October? You're German, right?

Regardless, living in a country where Tintin is well-known is rewarding. :up:

i always admit when i was wrong. and here i was 100% wrong.

i thought that there is no way that they would use an old shot for the first trailer but they did. IMO they didnt change the effects after the trailer. i think they first showed an old shot from 2010. and this is now the 2011 shot .

the difference is HUGE

Which one is newer? Top or bottom?

Haddock and the Thompson twins look great, but Tintin still has that creepy look about him.

You know, I think two of the main hurdles that people have had working on mo-cap animation which contribute to the "uncanny valley" syndrome have always been the plasticity of the skin and the eyes.

The thing that would always take me out of a movie would be that I could never really believe that the character was real. This was mainly due to the way everything was lit. Despite how well everything was animated, everything always looked so fake and plastic.

Secondly, one of the features that some animators could never really seem to get down were the eyes. They always look so lifeless in movies. And, again, it takes me out. I don't know why that is. Maybe its the way they're lit, the way the move or something else, but it's just so distracting.

That image, however, takes care of those two problems. The lighting in that shot looks warm and "natural", which gives the everything a more natural and realistic feel. This in turn gives the character a much more realistic and natural skin tone.

And the eyes. My god, those eyes. Whenever I look at those eyes, I don't feel like I'm staring at a dead, lifeless character. I feel like I'm gazing into the eyes of a living, breathing being. It's amazing! :wow:

Maybe I'm speaking too soon, but I believe WETA, Spielberg and Jackson have finally overcome "the uncanny valley".

Avatar and Rise of the Apes conquered the dead eye effect and now with TinTin, they make cartoon characters believable.

Face it, Spielberg and Jackson weren't impressed with Zemeckis's movies so far and wanted to do an improvement after being impressed by Avatar and their friend James Cameron.

Maybe Zemeckis will look at those pics and weep saying "Curses"

the trailer didnt really make me intrested in this film.

My god, what an improvement! Especially in the eyes! This is will truly be a step up for this type of technology!

Do you think Zemeckis is weeping from looking at those new pictures? maybe he might learn from his mistakes

I don't see the big deal. Still photos really prove nothing to me.

German TV-Spot
[YT]hAAiXQB4U10[/YT]

Source

That last footage of the motorcycle breaking apart was insane. :wow::up:

Did he just use the bike as a ........ O_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members