• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol not true try again. The international market has gotten bigger to.

Let's not forget about Inflation and that the new movie had the huge boost of IMAX and 3D

I mean yeah there is that, plus international releases becoming much bigger in the last 10 years.

But there has definitely been some brand erosion from Raimi to Amazing.

The 3d and inflation makes probly like 40% difference that is a lot.

So Spider-man has fallen below Marvel B-listers like Captain America and Thor(No offence)? Never thought I would see this day

Well done Marc Webb, well done

Marc Webb is soley to blame! Burn him at the stake! :cmad::exp:

yes lol jk. While the amazing spider man was going to do less then the others because it was a reboot. I think batman begins proved that has ever one liked it and got realy good reviews and yet only made like 350 ww but this one didn't have the whole reboot thing with being the second one.

while almost ever one was wrong about the RT score including me and looks like almost ever one may be wrong about the box office to lol.

Yeah but The Dark Knight made over a billion dollars. What's this movie's excuse?

That was the excuse for the last movie. Spider-Man 3 plus a reboot.

yeah spider man 1 and reboot. Dark knight had batman begins just like iron man 3 had iron man 2 and 1 and avengers so it had success to builed form unlike this movie plus dark knight had great WOM and this on not so much.

This movie is not bad. I belive that people are bias towards this movie. The thing with the noal trilogy is that the past batman other then like the very first one where not has popular or successfully has the rami spider man's and if they where I belive that there would be bias agest the noal movies to.

Spider-Man 3 plus a reboot.

Yeah, which were both not received extremely well and close together. Audiences will only give the franchise so many chances before they turn their heads. 3 flicks in 7 years with this many bad to mixed reactions is bound to lose an audience.

Last edited:
Yeah you bulid success form past movies like I was saying batman begins did. If the last movie was great or really good more people are going to trust that the next one will be great or really good to. If the last one was bad then people lose confidence in the next one.

Spider-Man 3 and Amazing Spider-Man 1?

Pretty much.

A) SM3 -
bad movie

B) Reboot -
which annoyed the vast majority of the GA
Just this week my fiancé's mum said she can't be bothered to see the reboot as she's 'seen' Spider-Man

C) ASM1 -
Percieved by the GA (who bothered to turn up) as not being enough of a departure to warrent the reboot. My brother said he can't be bothered to watch the sequel because ASM1 was 'meh'

So add all of that together;
you have a group of the GA who drop out due to SM3.
you have a group of the GA who drop out due to the reboot.
you have a group of the GA who drop out due the reboot being 'seen it, done it'

And that is even before the poor reviews for ASM2.
Spidey was always fighting an uphill battle at this point.
It's franchise fatique more than anything.

The 'B listers' of Avengers have been given an almighty boost with the Avengers movie and good reviews only increase that hype, even middle of the road reviews like T:TDW aren't going to slow the momentum.

Last edited:
Even if doing bad, TASM2 will end up at 700 M WW, minimum, I believe that, Sony will learn to tweak the marketing, I don't know, do something different, I just don't know how you get back lost viewers, and like neil says there's this perception by some people that they don't need to see a remake, so yeah, I don't know what you can do about that, the MCU movies don't have this stigma against them.

Still, it feels like TASM2 is gonna do more than TASM overseas, but less domestic, which is pretty common, I think it's aiming at the same total as TASM or towards 780-800 M. Fingers crossed.

I dug this flick despite it's flaws so I hope it does as good as it can. They need to pick up the slack in areas for sure though. Sony aint handling this franchise the best.

They get viewers back with better films, and you build. X-Men had to do that with FC and now DOFP. Hopefully ASM3 is better received overall....and has some Black Cat :awesome:

Not only a reboot but that they did the orgin again and back to highschool so people figured it would just be to much like spider man 1 again. When the reboot was annoced I was really made not only because I like spider man 1-3 yes even 3 but because they where going to do the orgin again. Affter I saw it though I liked it and it didn't borther me has much has I thought it would doing the orgin over. If they didn't do the orgin over I think things would have went better. I liked both TASM and TASM 2 but part of me does wonder what spider man 4 would have been like and I think I will continue to fell that way in till I find a spider man movie I like more then spider man 2 because it is still my favorite and I do think rami was better with the villains.

While if sony came out with a movie that gets reviews like spider man 2 dark knight ect that would bring back some of the people so really they need a spider man movie that gets great reviews and has a great WOM.

SOME GOOD NEWS FOLKS:

Philippines - 2 day opening all-time opening record - over and above Avengers and IM 3. Roughly $2.5M Wednesday/Thursday

India - $2M opening day - all-time record for any Hollywood film

Malaysia - Ditto as India, $1.5M OD

France - $2.7M Wednesday + $2M Thursday (30% over TASM)

Brazil - $3.7 OD (100% above TASM)

France & Brazil are big markets, this is promising. India + Malaysia + Philippines could help too if legs hold up.

while maybe the usa told will go down a little form the first and maybe the internation told will go up and we will get the same told has the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"