The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Fan Cut

k1dn1nj4

Civilian
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I have the next few days off from work and in light of the iTunes release and all the deleted scenes coming out I decided to make a fan cut with some of the finished scenes that were cut out of the movie to try to make a more fleshed out and complete (albeit longer) telling of the story. Obviously I don't want to include the scenes that aren't finished (like Goblin kills Menken or Felicia Sees Her Boss (Unfortunately. I liked that scene.)), but I thought I'd open it up to you guys for opinions on which of the other scenes I should include.

Scenes I'm definitely going to include:
Flash Forward, Peter Visits Harry, Birth of the Goblin

Scenes I'm iffy about:
Max's Mother:
Now, I know people dislike the Max's Mother scene, but I was thinking of including it because (a) it fleshes out Max's dementia/mental problems. Instead of just the one moment where he imagines snapping at Smythe, it becomes a repeating motif if it happens in two instances, becoming less of a joke and more of a legitimate character trait showcasing Max's mental imbalance (It becomes less of a gag and more of a character trait), (b) It shows Max fixing the transformer/circuit which helps in making his character more believable as an electrical engineer, (c) it shows that Max is miserable in his home life as well, driving home the massage that he's close to snapping, which would make his outburst at Times Square more cathartic/emotional/and for some people, less random. Lastly, (d) yes Max's Mom is campy and hammy but if campy scenes are sewn throughout the movie the tone might feel more even/balanced instead of just that one Schumacher-esque scene with Doctor Kafka which feels so out of place by itself.

Mayhem in the Morgue:
Okay, I know the mortician is campy as hell as well, but I'm also thinking of maybe putting this in. Why? Because (a) like with Max's Mother, the mortician's character is pretty hammy, but like I said, the inclusion of multiple scenes with characters like that might make the movie a little more even-toned in the long run and these scenes less jarring, (b) It actually shows Electro killing someone with his powers. It makes him more of a threat than just a dangerous looking light show because it shows the consequences of being hit by that lightning.

Missing Each Other:
I don't know. On the one hand, I like that it shows Gwen thinking about Peter as well because then it shows that they mutually miss each other as opposed to just Peter being hung up on her. I also like that it shows Gwen's room and a little bit of her personality from her posters and decor and stuff. On the other hand, do you guys think it's necessary?

Thoughts?

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
I hated the mortician,so I'd say no to that one.The Pete/Gwen one is alright.Electro's mom could go either way.It could be included just to show why Max is as "imbalanced" as he is.

Missing each other should definitely be included. Scenes like that really make you feel for the characters. That something I always look for in a comic book movie. The scene may not make the movie better, but it makes the end result that much more powerful(Gwen's death)

I saw yes to all three sir!

Thanks for the votes guys. Keep them coming. I'll keep this poll open over the next day or so to see if there's any other interest, then I'll finish the edit and upload. Afterwards just PM for the link (The link to something completely unrelated and legal obviously).

Very nice !:yay:

I wanted to make an extended cut, but I really don't have time.

But I really want to help too. Here is my opinion for an extended cut:

1 - Don't remove scenes from the final cut, like Dr Kafka ... I know some people hate that character. But he's part of the movie, unlike Peter's father (I mean he's dead. The alternate ending shouldn't be part of the extended cut).

2 - There's a lot of cool footage from the extras of the Bluray, and other featurettes in 1080p, spot tv, in ordrer to make an extended truck chase scene. :woot:

3 - you can add Missing Each Other.
It's still a very good scene, which can be easily put in an extended cut.

In the same way,Flash Forward, Peter Visits Harry and Birth of the Goblin can be put in the extended cut.
But they need some edits.

Like Flash Forward : you can place the deleted scene but when Flash leaves, you can go back to the final cut.

In Peter Visits Harry scene, you've got the same thing (And there's 2 shot with unfinished cgi background ... Beware!)

In Birth of the Goblin ... You've got a different music background and some shot of Oscorp security placed in. I don't know. I would take Oscorp security shot out of the goblin birth and then put them together as a new scene, just after Harry is suited up. And when the bomb expose, switch to the scene with Gwen waiting in her taxi. What do you think?

You can also include 1 more scene : Felicia Sees Her Boss. I still don't know where, and how ...But you just have to cut before we get to see the unfinished glider.

4 - As far as I'm concerned, scenes like Max's Mother and
Mayhem in the Morgue aren't necessary. Don't add them in the extended cut.

And that's all I can say to help now ... It's not gonna be easy. But I think the most difficult thing to do will be the transitions: to put those scenes with good transitions in term of music/score/sound effects.
:yay:

Id say include the missing each other scene and take out the god awful scene with the gone, gone, gone song.

I would say just missing eatch other. Electro with his mom is very chessy and people already complain that this movie is to chessy even though I don't agree and the one at the moyge doesn't really do any thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"