The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Video Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all about the one liners. Agreed, Aziz. ^

I would rather have Josh Keaton voice Spidey this time around, the Spidey from ASM 1 was a bit annoying after a while.

I would rather have Andrew Garfield voice Spidey this time around considering it's supposed to be him.

Yea I like the idea of Kingpin as the big bad

We've been getting Kingpin a lot. I was hoping they could do what The Spectacular Spider-Man did and have Tombstone as the main crime lord. He hasn't even been in any video games, so it would make for one hell of a debut.

Have Keith David voice him, while we're at it. :woot:

I hope he voices him as well, just cause Andrew can really shoot one liners

I could go either way on Garfield. It would be cool, but I'd like them to make sure they get him to deliver the lines right. Movie tie-ins can suffer from a lackluster performance from the stars if they're roped in.

Also in regards to the 'hero or menace' aspect. Not only do I hope there are a good variety and quality to the crimes you have to stop, but that it's not so forced on the player and we're not constantly or frequently forced to manage the stat. Nobody wants to have to spend time out from doing the activities they actually like within a game because they're forced to play repeatedly tackling the more tedious activities just to keep a random stat up.

I could go either way on Garfield. It would be cool, but I'd like them to make sure they get him to deliver the lines right. Movie tie-ins can suffer from a lackluster performance from the stars if they're roped in.

Also in regards to the 'hero or menace' aspect. Not only do I hope there are a good variety and quality to the crimes you have to stop, but that it's not so forced on the player and we're not constantly or frequently forced to manage the stat. Nobody wants to have to spend time out from doing the activities they actually like within a game because they're forced to play repeatedly tackling the more tedious activities just to keep a random stat up.

I think Garfield has enough love for the character that he'd do the role justice in the game. But yeah, a professional voice actor like Keaton or Reigel is gonna prob do much better. Again, Beenox has always been solid when it comes to this portion of the game so it's at the very bottom on my list of concerns.

I'm in complete agreement with you about the hero/menace portion. Part of the joy of playing in a free roam environment is being able to have the freedom to go and do whatever it is that you want. By having tedious restrictions on the player would severely hamper that aspect and make the game, well, crappy. This is actually one of my biggest concerns. Beenox royally screwed up the free roam last time around...I could see them doing the same again by making the free roam into a linear type thing or even making it so it's more like a mission than a true free roam.

Could it affect the outcome of the game? Like in choices in Web of Shadows defining your ending?

I guess I wouldn't mind having a good or bad ending, depending on how well you did cleaning up the city. But it shouldn't even be close to Web of Shadows. I don't think you should be able to intentionally choose a bad decision.

Not as the black choices and red choices, think of the red choices alone
Like the ending with MJ and Spidey together
And this ending

There's been a lot of talk around this recently, and I've realized that one of the things I love most about Spider-Man 2 is how tedious the random crime was.

Becuz you would be swinging along and hear some citizen's plea for help...for the 1000th time. And any other game, you would ignore it cuz you've done that stupid event/task 1000 times before.

But this is Spider-Man.

You can't just keep on going. When I first started playing the game, I would, cuz I was worried about getting to the next thing. But after I'd finished the game and even before that, it sunk in that this is just what Spidey's life is like. you wanna go from point A to point B, it should be a simple task, but... it never is, cuz some kid is gonna lose a balloon, or some dumb armored truck is gonna get robbed. you never know... but something is gonna keep you from doing this task simply.

and I don't think the game designers really planned it out to work on this level, but man that makes for a great game. It really speaks to the character and teaches you a lesson at the same time.

I don't think the best way to do this again would be just to simply duplicate that same random crime system, but I think there should be an element of that feeling existing.

In Spider-Man 2, you could choose to be a callous *******. nothing stopping you, no punishment for that....
so that should have that base level of tedium there... and then maybe for people who want to be hand held and 'entertained' every step along the way in their day to day crime fighting lives, add some extra element that would sit on top of it...

that's fine. it would make the game even more of a pain in the ass to play right if you actually wanted to. but why take that random crime element out of the game? how it does it hurt anyone?

I like the hero or menace idea about Spider-Man, because that may affect how the cops and people of NY react to you. Definitely not as bad as the good or bad choices in WoS (I hate that!). I mean, I think Beenox will have Spider-Man stay in character all the way unlike that game. I don't think it will mirror him actually BEING a menace, but that's the view others have of him. It wouldn't affect your character, the story or the ending, but just affect people's reactions and actions towards you.

It would be great to have The Daily Bugle somehow affect that too, always trying to make you look like a menace to the people.

It would be awesome if you could use your camera while fighting, like hang it somewhere and let it take auto pictures of you. You need to take pictures to sell to The Daily Bugle to afford money to yourself and Aunt May. But at the same time, everytime you sell pictures to JJJ, you lose some "Hero" Points because JJJ always manages to use your pictures for bad. Next time you're swinging around in the city, you can see papers with headlines such as "Spider-Man trying to take over the mob" or something with your Picture on it.

You get more Hero Points when you stop crimes and help people in the city, because people can see with their own eyes that you are good. If you ignore such things, you will be looked at as a "menace" more because a) people see how you ignore it and think you're a *****e and b) your bad reputation given by JJJ stays and increases because you never prove him wrong.

One villain I really want as a boss fight is Black Tarantula. I think that could be pretty badass.

One villain I really want as a boss fight is Black Tarantula. I think that could be pretty badass.
Only if they can make a boss fight as good as the fight against Freeze in Arkham City in quality

It would be awesome if they would have more battles that require you to use your head. Batman isn't the only one with genius-level intellect. Spider-Man has it as well.

The battles in most of their games were fun, but in ASM the boss battles were really bad. Mostly when you were fighting the hybrids. It was just dodging, zipping in close for some really weak close combat moves, and then dodging again.

Black Cat has the only decent fight, against something not robotic

It would be awesome if they would have more battles that require you to use your head. Batman isn't the only one with genius-level intellect. Spider-Man has it as well.

Yeah I've been asking for this alot now. Those are with no doubt the funnier and most rewarding boss battles, with some exceptions (I'd love a battle with Green Goblin to just be an epic brawl that requires more fighting skills than pure brains).

Mysterio is an obvious one, since he should go down after one hit there must be a challenge on a more intellectual level. Then there are those you shouldn't be able to take down with pure strenght such as Rhino, or villains with insane Powers like Electro.

The battles in most of their games were fun, but in ASM the boss battles were really bad. Mostly when you were fighting the hybrids. It was just dodging, zipping in close for some really weak close combat moves, and then dodging again.

Yeah I absolutely hated that, easily the game's biggest Disappointment, even worse than the web swinging.

Beenox can do that given enough time.

That's the kicker though isn't it? One of the biggest problems with a movie tie-in...the development time frame.

Absolutely.

Yeah I absolutely hated that, easily the game's biggest Disappointment, even worse than the web swinging.

Yup. Easily the worst two things about ASM are the free roam and the boss fights.

I like the hero or menace idea about Spider-Man, because that may affect how the cops and people of NY react to you. Definitely not as bad as the good or bad choices in WoS (I hate that!). I mean, I think Beenox will have Spider-Man stay in character all the way unlike that game. I don't think it will mirror him actually BEING a menace, but that's the view others have of him. It wouldn't affect your character, the story or the ending, but just affect people's reactions and actions towards you.

It would be great to have The Daily Bugle somehow affect that too, always trying to make you look like a menace to the people.

It would be awesome if you could use your camera while fighting, like hang it somewhere and let it take auto pictures of you. You need to take pictures to sell to The Daily Bugle to afford money to yourself and Aunt May. But at the same time, everytime you sell pictures to JJJ, you lose some "Hero" Points because JJJ always manages to use your pictures for bad. Next time you're swinging around in the city, you can see papers with headlines such as "Spider-Man trying to take over the mob" or something with your Picture on it.

You get more Hero Points when you stop crimes and help people in the city, because people can see with their own eyes that you are good. If you ignore such things, you will be looked at as a "menace" more because a) people see how you ignore it and think you're a *****e and b) your bad reputation given by JJJ stays and increases because you never prove him wrong.

:up: I really like these ideas Oz.

Let's hope they implement some things like this to make the hero/menace interesting and fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"