The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Video Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop it, lol. You're making me drool.

I think what my list shows is how ****ing awesome Spidey's rogues list is. Alot of cool villains are saved for later such as Mysterio, Kraven, Doc Ock, Venom, Carnage, Sandman, Jackal, Scorpion, Hydro-Man, Vulture, Hammerhead, Silvermane, Big Man, Molten Man, The Rose, Sin-Eater, Prowler, Lizard (used before though), Man-Wolf, Calypso, Black Tarantula, Swarm, Hobgoblin, Jack O' Lantern, Trapster, Beetle, Boomerang etc. that I didn't include in the list for this game.

Obviously, all these villains aren't "great" such as Trapster, but they could all be used in games either as main story villains, side missions or simply joke villains. There's one for every kind.

Can anyone direct me to where Kingpin is confirmed? Him being the main villain is going to remind me of the 90's cartoon.

What I'd like are some sort of chain Missions. Like the mission starts out with a robbery, you stop it. But some thugs managed to escape, and you chase after them, trying to stop them. Failing that, they could try to barricade themselves in someone's home, and it turns into a hostage situation. Now you have to try and find a way to sneak into the building, and take them down silently.
The idea is pretty sweet

Can anyone direct me to where Kingpin is confirmed? Him being the main villain is going to remind me of the 90's cartoon.

Somewhere in their twitter, an answer to a question. But it's not confirmed he will be a boss, but he will be in the game. I also think Beenox mentioned the story having the organized crime thing.

I have a feeling it's going to look a lot nicer on my PS4.

You guys need to relax, way too critical on 40 seconds of current gen footage that doesn't come out until next year. Besides, do you think they're focusing their efforts for PS3 & Xbox 360 or for XB1 and PS4? They won't release next gen footage until probably late this year around Christmas time.

One more reason I am stoked to be picking up a launch PS4. And I'd say that they are focusing their efforts mostly for the next gen, however, I have concerns. For instance, if they develop the game to the standards for the current gen, does this mean that the newer gen won't look as good/or play as good? Also, if they develop the game geared towards the next gen consoles does that mean the current gen will suffer things like bad framerate issues and other glitches?

I'd also like to see more put into the next gen versions of the game...more bonus content and what not.

Villains need to turn into random encounters once you've beaten the game. It's really boring if all you have are races and random crimes. And even the random crimes stopped in the last game I think, once you have done them all.

Yep. It was such a huge downer to have an open world that not only featured inorganic events but they also disappeared completely after finishing a certain number. Boring side missions coupled with only three different crimes and you get ASM which had the worst open world of any Spidey game.

I think what my list shows is how ****ing awesome Spidey's rogues list is. Alot of cool villains are saved for later such as Mysterio, Kraven, Doc Ock, Venom, Carnage, Sandman, Jackal, Scorpion, Hydro-Man, Vulture, Hammerhead, Silvermane, Big Man, Molten Man, The Rose, Sin-Eater, Prowler, Lizard (used before though), Man-Wolf, Calypso, Black Tarantula, Swarm, Hobgoblin, Jack O' Lantern, Trapster, Beetle, Boomerang etc. that I didn't include in the list for this game.

Obviously, all these villains aren't "great" such as Trapster, but they could all be used in games either as main story villains, side missions or simply joke villains. There's one for every kind.

There's no doubt that Spidey has one of the largest and most impressive Rogue's gallery. It's a shame that we've only barely scratched the surface when it comes to both the movies and the games.

Somewhere in their twitter, an answer to a question. But it's not confirmed he will be a boss, but he will be in the game. I also think Beenox mentioned the story having the organized crime thing.

If it does, I'd love to see Tombstone,Silvermane, the Enforcers and Hammerhead make appearances and/or be bosses. Speed Demon and Bommerang as assasins would be a great bonus.

Yep. It was such a huge downer to have an open world that not only featured inorganic events but they also disappeared completely after finishing a certain number. Boring side missions coupled with only three different crimes and you get ASM which had the worst open world of any Spidey game.
What's your current grade for TASM1 game? I think it was a 'B' or a 'B+' for you last year

What's your current grade for TASM1 game? I think it was a 'B' or a 'B+' for you last year

Yeah, man. I gave ASM an 8 after my first play through. I think at the time I was stoked that they solved so many of the technical aspects that have plagued Spidey games in the past. There were some noteworthy positives, web rush, voice acting, Spidey model, combat, etc. However, upon subsequent playthroughs it became apparent to me how utterly boring the free roam is...and imo, for any Spidey game set in NYC, this is by far the most important feature. I also think that maybe upon my first playthrough I was so excited to be swinging around NY again the negatives were somewhat hidden, lol. Such a long free roam drought, lol.

Anyway, imo, the free roam is the essential ingredient. The reason why I play Spider-man games is prob the reason most of us do--we want to feel like Spidey swinging around the city and completing events, stopping crimes, saving people, etc. I could spend hours doing that in most of his games--ASM, not so much. I have absolutely zero desire to play that game again. And absolutely zero drive to want to swing around the city. It shouldn't be like that. IMO, if that part of the Spidey game is broken; you've (the developer) failed.

My current rating is a 6/10. Like I said there were some really good positives...just not enough of them and not in the right place.

No, not the Queen, never the Queen

That reminds me, I hope web rush stays
Won't mind cancelling the quick retreat function, being a different button

She's never appeared in a video game and fits the cross-species theme of the films. And since Kingpin was referenced in the trailer, that increases my hopes for Hammerhead and Tombstone as his goons along with Cardiac as a dangerous vigilante bent on murdering Fisk in cold blood who claims to be inspired by Spider-Man.

And of course, Green Goblin, Electro and Rhino will probably return.

Last edited:
The second game brings with it an expanded fictional Manhattan, some light RPG elements and tweaked combat and web-slinging. It will also feature a new "Hero or Menace" mechanic that either rewards or penalizes players depending on how well they keep up with crime.

They better make random crimes fun and less repetitive then. I'd hate to be viewed as a Menace, simply because I feel like the random crimes are a drag to do.

Last edited:
It's not confirmed that he will be in the game. All they confirmed is that the Fisk Tower will be in the game. That's like saying Norman Osborn is in the first game because the Oscorp tower is in it. We'll have to wait for more information before we get our hopes up high.

Any confirmation of who will be voicing Spidey?

The second game brings with it an expanded fictional Manhattan, some light RPG elements and tweaked combat and web-slinging. It will also feature a new "Hero or Menace" mechanic that either rewards or penalizes players depending on how well they keep up with crime.

They better make random crimes fun and less repetitive then. I'd hate to be viewed as a Menace, simply because I feel like the random crimes are a drag to do.

lol. How awful would that be? They truly missed the 'fun' element of the free roam and its organic feel last time. Let's hope they didn't miss the mark again.

Not really, but I really hope AG does it this time

Same. Although, Reigel did a great job so I'd be happy if he returned. The voice acting is the last of my concerns for this game...Beenox has always been gold when it comes to this part.

One more reason I am stoked to be picking up a launch PS4. And I'd say that they are focusing their efforts mostly for the next gen, however, I have concerns. For instance, if they develop the game to the standards for the current gen, does this mean that the newer gen won't look as good/or play as good? Also, if they develop the game geared towards the next gen consoles does that mean the current gen will suffer things like bad framerate issues and other glitches?

I have a launch PS4 pre-ordered as well, paid in full. The next gen graphics are supposed to be unreal. Can't wait for this game if it lives up to what they're saying.

I have a launch PS4 pre-ordered as well, paid in full. The next gen graphics are supposed to be unreal. Can't wait for this game if it lives up to what they're saying.

Same here. I hope both the gameplay (framerates) and graphics are equally impressive on the new hardware. And speaking of unreal, it'd be sweet if they used that engine. I think I might tweet them and see what they say about the program they used.

I have a launch PS4 too. I was hoping to buy Watch Dogs with it but... *sniff*

Exclusives for the PS4 better be juicy this time around. I want exclusive suits that NOBODY on the XB1 can get. :o

You're right, that's overkill
This is similar to a feature planned for Spider-Man 3 the game by Treyarch, but was not implemented due the extreme rush of release, or so I'd believe
Their plan was respect, not calling the freak a menace

Any confirmation of who will be voicing Spidey?
If not Andre Garfield I hope it's Sam Reigil, just for consistency
And I hope he improves his delivery of one liners this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24