• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Amazing Spider-Man The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha! Why are you defensive towards that...? Could it be that... you're looking forward to it and don't want anybody to put it down...? Like people are for TASM? I'm getting sick of people being shot down on this side of the board when they say that TASM will be the best movie of 2012, what's wrong with that? If TASM does end up sucking, you're not going to be the one who's disappointed.

Spider-Man 3 looked good from the trailers and Raimi had 2 good previous movies under his belt.

So... the same could be said for TDKR. Trailers are supposed to make the movie look good. :cwink:

Defensive? Me NOT wanting to start a CBM vs CBM war by just saying "go ahead and think that" is me being defensive? No, it's me not wanting to start THIS what you're doing right now. YOU'RE being defensive by making this post.

All I've said is my expectations have lowered over my guy feeling. Hell, I made a thread about how TAS-M will be better than Raimi's films, but recently I've had a feeling that I need to stop being so excited from what I've heard about the film non-stop, so I'm not going into the theatre totally ramped up as I was for Spider-Man 3.

God Marvellite, you are insane.

Lol, 'tis is true. But the kid has spunk. That's always nice to see on the forum.

So I got the new Empire and CQ magazine with a nice interview with Garfield, basically talking about how he was bullied and Spider-Man was more of a symbol that gave him hope. Havn't read the interview in Empire yet. If it's worth it I might put scans up if someone hasn't already.

Hey, just realised has anyone seen SMH12 recently? he hasn't been on the board in aaages.

Defensive? Me NOT wanting to start a CBM vs CBM war by just saying "go ahead and think that" is me being defensive? No, it's me not wanting to start THIS what you're doing right now. YOU'RE being defensive by making this post.

I'm not really starting any "war". How exactly am I being defensive? I'm standing up for people that get shot down every single time they get their hopes up about this movie, regardless of whether or not they're being extreme about it.

If somebody wants to say TASM will be the best movie of 2012, what's wrong with that?

Before Spider-Man 3 came out, I saw a lot of interviews with the cast, director, and producers, and you could see something was really wrong. Kirsten Dunst said "well we already made 2 movies, and this is the 3rd one, so after a while its nothing new" or something along those lines. James Franco and Tobey looked as if they could care less. Sam Raimi did not look like a happy camper himself. He had the look on his face that said "The studio ****** up my movie."

The only one who seemed enthusiastic about Spider-Man 3 was Topher Grace, because it was his first "big" movie.

For SM1 and SM2, everyone was excited and enthusiastic, and I could say the same for TASM.

I'm not really starting any "war". How exactly am I being defensive? I'm standing up for people that get shot down every single time they get their hopes up about this movie, regardless of whether or not they're being extreme about it.

If somebody wants to say TASM will be the best movie of 2012, what's wrong with that?

I'm not shooting anyone down. Just saying people are getting too excited for this film. You're being defensive because you think I'm being an ass and shooting people's opinions down. No, I just understand how the hype everyone had for another Spider-Man film and TAS-M is a 50/50 at this stage.

Before Spider-Man 3 came out, I saw a lot of interviews with the cast, director, and producers. You could see something was really wrong. Kirsten Dunst said "well we already made 2 movies, and this is the 3rd one, so after a while its nothing new" or something along those lines. Sam Raimi did not look like a happy camper himself. He had the look on his face that said "The studio ****** up my movie."

The only one who seemed enthusiastic about Spider-Man 3 was Topher Grace, because it was his first "big" movie.

Son of a *****....remember Topher Grace's line during one of his interviews where he said "To Spidey, with great power there is great responsibility, but with Venom, with great power there is great fun." I would've LOVED to hear that line in film.

I'm not shooting anyone down. Just saying people are getting too excited for this film. You're being defensive because you think I'm being an ass and shooting people's opinions down.

Woah, I never called you an ass or anything like that. I wasn't just speaking about you when I mentioned people who shoot others down, I've seen a lot of it.

No, I just understand how the hype everyone had for another Spider-Man film and TAS-M is a 50/50 at this stage.

I'm not sure how you're quantifying the hype for TASM.

But if we're pulling up numbers...:

The Avengers Facebook page:

2,594,295 likes

TASM Facebook page:

1,036,241 likes

TDKR Facebook page:

695,445 likes

Although I do agree that more people seem to be approaching TASM with cautious hype and understandably so.

But anyways, we're going off track. My basic point is that if somebody wants to lose their **** hyping for TASM, let them. Are you going to lose anything if TASM turns out to be a disappointment? Nope.

Woah, I never called you an ass or anything like that. I wasn't just speaking about you when I mentioned people who shoot others down, I've seen a lot of it.

Figure of speech. Not saying you're saying those things about me, just a figure of speech I'm going with.

I'm not sure how you're quantifying the hype for TASM.

But if we're pulling up numbers...:

The Avengers Facebook page:

2,594,295 likes

TASM Facebook page:

1,036,241 likes

TDKR Facebook page:

695,445 likes

Although I do agree that more people seem to be approaching TASM with cautious hype and understandably so.

But anyways, we're going off track. My basic point is that if somebody wants to lose their **** hyping for TASM, let them. Are you going to lose anything if TASM turns out to be a disappointment? Nope.

I'm not really speaking on the number of "likes" on Facebook, lol, but what people say on the forums. There's a lot of hype moreso on the Spidey boards and it just makes me wonder what would happen if TAS-M isn't what people expect. You're right, it's understandable that people are becoming more cautious, but then there are some fans that are still too overly-hyped and I know that was the way I was with Spider-Man 3.

Good point,Likes will obviously change how good or bad the movie will be when it comes out

From the new CQ magazine

tumblr_m4xz9uV2yF1qhodd8o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m4yyihMqtq1qkslamo4_1280.jpg
tumblr_m4yyihMqtq1qkslamo6_1280.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not really speaking on the number of "likes" on Facebook, lol, but what people say on the forums. There's a lot of hype moreso on the Spidey boards and it just makes me wonder what would happen if TAS-M isn't what people expect. You're right, it's understandable that people are becoming more cautious, but then there are some fans that are still too overly-hyped and I know that was the way I was with Spider-Man 3.

Well, people who post on this forum are only a small percentage of the general audience.

Although places like forums and YouTube ARE good places to get a rough idea of how people are feeling towards a movie like this, the newer trailers and spots seem to have gotten VERY positive reactions from people. But like you said, Spider-Man 3 looked good from the trailers... anyways, that doesn't change that it's my number 1 hyped movie of 2012. Reviews are going to be coming in a few weeks, so we'll all find out the truth soon enough.

The facebook likes are good but go check youtube

TDKR Rises trailer 3 has been seen 17 million times,and TASM,well 4 million or something
But the TDKR is a sequel to a hugely successful movie while TASM is coming off Spider-Man 3, obviously there'll be a lot more hype for the sequel than the reboot.

Figure of speech. Not saying you're saying those things about me, just a figure of speech I'm going with.

So? Let them be. Getting overly hyped for something is part of being a fan. I did it as a kid for so many things. And when something lived up to the hype, I could never be happier. Why not let someone have that than tell them to lower expectations? Yeah, there have been times where I was dissapointed too but its not like it destroys my life. It may be naive, but who cares? Let them have their fun.

Why would I ever want a movie to be sub-par? I want it to be awesome, excellent, etc. I don't believe in lowering expectations for something that I want (and almost demand) to be good. If the movie is disappointing, its a movies fault for not living up to the fan's expectations for the most part. If I'm let down, oh well. I don't mind risking that because the joy of something living up to expectations is that much more awesome.

Son of a *****....remember Topher Grace's line during one of his interviews where he said "To Spidey, with great power there is great responsibility, but with Venom, with great power there is great fun." I would've LOVED to hear that line in film.

Haha I do remember that! That would have been so cool... :(

Well, people who post on this forum are only a small percentage of the general audience.

Although places like forums and YouTube ARE good places to get a rough idea of how people are feeling towards a movie like this, the newer trailers and spots seem to have gotten VERY positive reactions from people. But like you said, Spider-Man 3 looked good from the trailers... anyways, that doesn't change that it's my number 1 hyped movie of 2012. Reviews are going to be coming in a few weeks, so we'll all find out the truth soon enough.

Also keep in mind what I said about how unenthusiastic the cast and crew (other than Topher Grace) were in the interviews prior to the film.

Also keep in mind what I said about how unenthusiastic the cast and crew (other than Topher Grace) were in the interviews prior to the film.

Yeah, not to mention this.

The whole cast of TASM seems to be VERY enthusiastic.

Yeah, not to mention this.

The whole cast of TASM seems to be VERY enthusiastic.
Yeah, they are all very excited! Even if they are excited because its THEIR movie, with Spider-Man 3, it was outright obvious that they were unhappy with the movie.

Andre Garfield even cried at Comic Con because he was in this movie. It made him so emotional about it.

Last edited:
Quotes from the interview with Garfield from CQ magazine:

"(fame) is a scary thing, because there's something addictive about about recognition and validation, because that's the currency for all actors"

"The Comic Con stunt was Andrew's idea, and was done, reveals Webb, against the studio's wishes, I think everyone at the studio thought it was a bad idea, but Andrew said 'No, it's the right thing to do' he willed himself into doing it because he believed in it"

"I didn't feel comfortable being up on the stage with the audience being down there on the ground. I wanted to put myself,literally, in their territory and make it about them. Plus I knew that this character means so much to so many people. And to me, and my three-year-old self."

He said Spider-Man saved his life, "Im meant, Urrgghh, I'm not saying I was suicidal or anything like that...It was a symbol of what got me through tough times in terms of being a skinny kid."

"yes (I was bullied)....because I was very confused when I first went to school and there was a kid who was just mean, and I just didn't understand it, and right into my teenage years, where I would be mugged on the street or 17 or 18 and I was in drama school, and I wouldn't be able to do anything because there'd be three or four of them and they'f take my wallet and I'd come home feeling so disempowered and angry"

I'll post some more after I've had my tea.

Quotes from the interview with Garfield from CQ magazine:

"(fame) is a scary thing, because there's something addictive about about recognition and validation, because that's the currency for all actors"

"The Comic Con stunt was Andrew's idea, and was done, reveals Webb, against the studio's wishes, I think everyone at the studio thought it was a bad idea, but Andrew said 'No, it's the right thing to do' he willed himself into doing it because he believed in it"

"I didn't feel comfortable being up on the stage with the audience being down there on the ground. I wanted to put myself,literally, in their territory and make it about them. Plus I knew that this character means so much to so many people. And to me, and my three-year-old self."

He said Spider-Man saved his life, "Im meant, Urrgghh, I'm not saying I was suicidal or anything like that...It was a symbol of what got me through tough times in terms of being a skinny kid."

"yes (I was bullied)....because I was very confused when I first went to school and there was a kid who was just mean, and I just didn't understand it, and right into my teenage years, where I would be mugged on the street or 17 or 18 and I was in drama school, and I wouldn't be able to do anything because there'd be three or four of them and they'f take my wallet and I'd come home feeling so disempowered and angry"

I'll post some more after I've had my tea.

That last sentence is the best part of this post, lol.

While I'm exciting for the movie, and the cast seems great, Garfield is a drama queen. The whole crying scene and speech in spidey's suit felt forced to me.

Léo Ho Tep;23410689 said:
While I'm exciting for the movie, and the cast seems great, Garfield is a drama queen. The whole crying scene and speech in spidey's suit felt forced to me.

What scene?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"